CCRC, Independent Living in Jacksonville, Florida
Clare Bridge Place Alzheimer’s Assisted Living Now Open!
Cypress Village located in Jacksonville, Florida is a Continuing Care Retirement Community – or CCRC. We offer a full range of senior living solutions, including:
At Cypress Village, we offer unparalleled convenience and a resort lifestyle – not only in our location but through our wide variety of services.
Perfect your swing on our putting green; enjoy a relaxing walk among our scenic nature trails; or relax while fishing in any of our well-stocked lakes. And after a day filled with fun activities and outings, you’ll love sitting down to a great meal in our elegant dining room.
Our award-winning ConnectedLiving program helps residents stay connected online with family and friends. In addition, residents’ family members are able to access the ConnectedLiving Network (CLN) from anywhere to communicate directly with their loved one and view dining menus, calendars, photo galleries and more.
Clare Bridge Place Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
Brookdale’s nationally recognized Clare Bridge program delivers Daily Moments of Success for those with various forms of Dementia or Alzheimer’s whose needs can be satisfied within the scope of our campus Assisted Living license.
Clare Bridge Place associates are trained to understand needs that are common in the mid to advanced stages of Alzheimer’s and related dementias.
With our wide variety of living accommodations – patio, garden or fairway homes and apartments. We invite you to come experience exceptional senior living at Cypress Village today.
Senior Living Services
Cypress Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community offering Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care and Skilled Nursing Care for seniors.
Our dining program offers resort stylelunch and dinner daily prepared with only the freshest ingredients.
In independent living, light housekeeping is performed weekly. In assisted living, housekeeping will clean every day.
Flat Linen Services
In independent living, we launder your linens and towels weekly.
Our trained and licensed transportation staff provide service to shopping and restaurants as well as your personal destinations.
Programs, Outings and Events
There’s always something fun and exciting to do here. Our diverse programs, outings and events offer something for everyone.
Fitness and Wellness Programs
We offer daily fitness and wellness programs with today’s active senior in mind.
Our friendly staff is available 24 hours a day to meet your needs or in case of an emergency.
Our concierge will take care of you … from helping with your packages to answering any questions you may have.
Personalized Assisted Living Program
Personalized Assisted living services are provided by our highly trained, professional staff in the privacy of your own apartment.
Our full-service water side dining room offers an elegant setting, generous hours, open seating and a host to ensure a pleasurable dining experience.
Private Dining Room
Our private dining room can accomodate parties of 14. We provide a more intimate atmosphere and customized menus to add a personal touch when entertaining family and friends.
Our delightful café offers a more casual setting where you can get a light bite to eat such as soups, salad, sandwiches and sundries.
Indoor Swimming Pool
Our heated indoor lap pool is great for working out or for a nice, relaxing swim. Also enjoy daily exercise classes
Our stately billiards and game room has a pool table as well as game tables for other fun and challenging games.
Our well-appointed game rooms are ideal for a friendly game of bridge, chess or other activity.
Arts and Crafts Studio
Explore your creative side in our arts and crafts studio.
Create a masterpiece in our woodworking shop.
Our guest accommodations give your friends and family their own private apartment while visiting.
Outdoor Garden Areas
Green thumbs can tend to their favorite plants in our outdoor gardening areas.
Our senior-friendly exercise and fitness area promotes a healthy lifestyle for all of our residents.
Our library is a great place to relax and read the local paper, or enjoy a favorite book. We also offer books on tape and a low vision machine
Our walking paths invite you to take a stroll around our beautiful grounds and lake.
Our on-site beauty/barber shop meets all your hair and nail care needs.
Join the fun in our active community room for social gatherings, dances, events and activities.
Emergency Response System
Our emergency response system is monitored 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week by our well-trained on-site staff in case of an emergency.
On-Site Banking Services
On-site banking services provided by Wachovia make it convenient to do all of your banking without having to leave home.
On-Site Postal Services
Access to on-site postal services is available for your convenience.
Complimentary laundry facilities are located on every floor for your convenience.
Covered parking protects your vehicle from the inclement weather.
How to Choose
LifeCare Continuing Care Retirement Communities were first developed in the United States over a century ago and continue to adjust to the evolving needs of succeeding generations of Americans. Over the decades, providers have developed a wide variety of service enhancements and care options to improve the quality and extent of services offered to residents. Pricing structures and healthcare commitments also continue to evolve.
We appreciate that the residents at Cypress Village have made a very significant financial and emotional commitment at a point in their lives when they may be apprehensive about their future needs. However, we are dedicated to ensuring that your investment in our LifeCare community is one that will bring you comfort, value, security and peace of mind every day.
Prospective residents should keep three requirements in mind when choosing a LifeCare Continuing Care Retirement Community:
- That the community will provide quality, professional care.
- That the community will be governed and operated in a manner that allows it to remain financially sound and meet its long-term commitments to residents.
- That the terms of the agreement for housing, care, services and a refund or repayment of the entry fee will be honored and met – including how the agreement addresses the situation in which a resident’s financial resources are depleted through no fault of his/her own.
Brookdale Senior Living’s LifeCare communities operate on established protocols that conform to standard best practices – and which often exceed industry recommendations.
The decision to move into a LifeCare Continuing Care Retirement Community such as Cypress Village is a serious one that requires much thought, planning and open discussion with family members and loved ones. It represents both a major life decision and a substantial financial commitment; however, we believe you will agree that the move-in decision represents a financially astute investment, with a large percentage of the investment reverting back to the family or estate.
For those considering a move to Cypress Village, we recommend that you:
- Visit the community more than once before you decide to purchase – talk with the Executive Director, the sales staff and as many of the residents as possible about the lifestyle, care options, services and delivery.
- Carefully consider your personal financial situation and the impact the decision will have on your lifestyle, your health and the peace of mind of both you and your family.
- Learn all you can about our community from personal visits, reading materials and other sources.
- Request information and carefully consider the financial position of the community and our parent company, Brookdale Senior Living and how our Company backs its LifeCare contracts.
- Read carefully any and all contracts or other binding documents before agreeing to purchase a residence here or in any senior living community.
- Review all documents with your advisor before executing your residency agreement.
As a Cypress Village LifeCare resident, you will enjoy the following lifestyle advantages:
- Freedom from the burdens of maintaining a home
- A wide range of independent living accommodations
- A full continuum of care services on campus
- Flexible financial plans
- The opportunity to share in the asset appreciation of your community on a favorable tax basis
- The up-front entry fee “buys down” your monthly service fee so that they are lower than those at comparable rental communities
- Tax deductions relating to entry fee and monthly fees
- Caps on future fee increases in most cases result in lower future cost than rental communities
- Predictable long-term expenses
- Asset preservation, through the refund
- Discounted health care
The cost of LifeCare at Cypress Village compares favorably with the cost of remaining in your own home, and is more personally accommodating to your long-term health and wellness. Brookdale believes that the quality of life in senior housing offers many advantages over remaining at home and affords peace of mind, thanks to:
- The choice of multiple financial options designed to fit your current situation and goals
- The potential for a more active, health-conscious lifestyle in an engaging social environment
- The availability of a full range of health and community services when needed at a significant discount
- Our Care for Life Guarantee option, which protects you if you should outlive your assets
Senior living industry leaders established recommended industry guidelines which are called “best practices.” Brookdale’s protocols meet these best practices, providing for residents’ informational needs and protection when choosing one of our LifeCare communities.
- As a Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE: BKD) community, Cypress Village stands behind our LifeCare contracts and is committed to financial transparency. To ensure our residents are fully aware of its financial capabilities, Brookdale takes the following actions…
- Provides consolidated financials for its Entry Fee CCRC communities;
- Provides a review of audited annual statements;
- Provides a monthly review of community income statements;
- Makes annual disclosure statements available to residents;
- Hosts monthly resident meetings and financial reviews on site.
Financial disclosures are posted on the investor page of Brookdale’s company web site at www.brookdaleliving.com. These are provided prominently in the residents’ library in our community.
- In keeping with Brookdale Senior Living policy, Cypress Village has imposed upon itself an annual limit on the amount by which your monthly service fees may increase. This limitation is favorable for our residents and is unprecedented in the industry. Annual increases are discussed at budget meetings and with the community finance committees. We also provide fee schedules in residency agreements and annual disclosure statements.
- Our contract at Cypress Village is a comprehensive agreement that describes the full set of services we can provide over the much extended time frame of residency and all related financial arrangements. We make every effort to ensure the contract is straightforward, concise and clear. The Executive Director and Director of Financial Services at the community are available during the evaluation process to answer questions on contracts. At closing, they also perform a formal review of each aspect of the contract. We recommend that prospects carefully review these documents with their advisors before signing them.
- Cypress Village’s goal is to help keep our residents in their current home at our community for as long as it is safe for them and for others. Our community offers numerous ancillary and wellness services. However, if a resident needs or desires to move to another care or service level, a confidential decision is made with the understanding and concurrence of the resident and/or their family, the resident’s physician and community staff. This helps assure that we are providing the correct service for each resident in the proper setting.
- Brookdale has operated entry fee Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) since 1979 and takes pride in never having denied care or services to a resident who selected a contract with this option and managed his/her finances in good faith, but was unable to meet contractual obligations. Cypress Village contracts provide a “Care for Life” option which assures residents will always receive care or services. Should a Cypress Village resident with a Care for Life contract ever outlive their financial resources, the Executive Director or Director of Financial Services at the community will work with them to verify and assess their capabilities and assist them in moving to a more affordable apartment. Brookdale and Cypress Village stand behind our Care for Life provision once this process has taken place. These provisions are detailed in our resident contracts.
- Community governance at Cypress Village is provided by our experienced Executive Director and operations staff in concert with the resident advisory committee. Disclosures relating to Brookdale’s expertise, management and governance are available in our Company’s annual reports and quarterly statements, which we provide to each of our entry fee Continuing Care Retirement Communities. This information is also available on the investor page of our company web site at www.brookdaleliving.com. Brookdale is a public company with a corporate board that meets all requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the New York Stock Exchange, where our stock is traded under the symbol BKD. Accordingly, our company and our communities offer experienced and professional oversight at every level of operation, always seeking meaningful input from those we serve: our residents.
We understand that choosing a retirement community represents a lifestyle choice. That’s why we offer more than a comfortable living environment for you.
Optimum Life is a lifestyle concept that is unique to Brookdale. At Cypress Village, it is our comprehensive approach to exceptional senior living that is designed to help you live life at your maximum potential.
The key to aging well is living well. Optimum Life promotes active adult living, with a premise that everyone can achieve the maximum degree of health, fulfillment and purpose of which they are capable. The path to achieving an Optimum Life is an individual journey that is uniquely yours and that builds upon your past and present abilities and circumstances to help you reach your highest level of well-being.
An Optimum Life has six dimensions: purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual. Through these six dimensions, the concept of Optimum Life brings together a number of activities and opportunities designed to balance your overall sense of well-being, regardless of your current level of health, mobility or wellness. And the Optimum Life concept can benefit residents in any retirement community or senior living environment, whether those communities individually provide independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing or Alzheimer’s care, or if they are Continuing Care Retirement Communities offering multiple lifestyles and care options.
As a Cypress Village resident, the choice is yours to take advantage of any of the numerous opportunities we provide in each area of Optimum Life. The culture of caring that we strive to bring alive within our communities is enhanced by our Optimum Life philosophy: we hope to assist all the residents in our communities to achieve optimal health, wholeness and life fulfillment in a comfortable senior living environment.
Continuum of Care
As a Brookdale LifeCare community, our approach to senior living combines a variety of services and care options, enabling us to proactively meet the changing lifestyle or care needs or our residents.
Cypress Village succeeds by providing independent living, assisted living, and rehabilitation and skilled nursing, all of which are available here in a single setting. Through Brookdale, we also offer an extensive spectrum of therapy services and wellness programs within our community, delivered professionally by Innovative Senior Care (ISC), a fully integrated therapy and ancillary services organization that operates within our community.
ISC completes the circuit of care services provided at Cypress Village with a full selection of services that include physical, occupational and speech therapy, along with fitness and wellness programs. For the convenience of our residents, these additional services are delivered on site at the community by staff personnel our residents know.
Home Health and Personalized Living Services are also available from Brookdale Senior Living to provide either temporary or more long-term services to our residents.
Road to Residency
The road to residency at a Brookdale LifeCare Continuing Care Retirement Community is a process that assists you in assuring that the move will help you meet your lifestyle and retirement objectives. Our process includes a “Retirement Analysis” that assists you in making these decisions by forecasting future needs based on actuarial calculations and statistics relating to your projected needs and costs for the rest of your life.
When you visit Cypress Village and find the apartment, villa, or home that you want to make yours we begin the process of ensuring your desires are in line with your needs and your personal profile. The basic underwriting criteria to live at a Brookdale Senior Living Continuing Care Retirement Community offering LifeCare considers your financial position, as well as your physical health and psychological profile at the time of move-in.
Our Purchase Plans include:
- The Heritage Plan: 75% Entry Fee Return – This plan provides for maximum return of capital to you – up to 75% of your purchase price is refundable to you or to your estate: a total of 11 months of amortization. Typically this plan is selected by those who are not as interested in a healthcare discount and are instead more interested in preserving their capital assets. As a resident you can accrue up to 180 Free Days in personalized Assisted Living and/or rehabilitation and skilled nursing.
- The Freedom Plan C: 100% Entry Fee Return – The Freedom Plan provides for a full refund of your Entry Fee. Each Freedom Plan resident is entitled to Personalized Assisted Living and Rehabilitation and Nursing Care at current, non-discounted rates.
- The Freedom Plan A: 0% Entry Fee Return – This version of our Freedom plan provides our strongest healthcare benefit with a declining refund of your Entry Fee to 0% refund over a 48 month amortization. This plan is for those who want maximum protection against extended healthcare expenses. Under this plan residents are entitled to unlimited days in Personalized Assisted Living and/or the rehabilitation and skilled nursing center.
- The Liberty Plan B: 75% Entry Fee Return – This Plan combines our strongest healthcare benefit with a 75% refundable Entry Fee. It offers maximum protection against extended healthcare expenses and capital asset preservation with unlimited days in Personalized Assisted Living and/or the rehabilitation and skilled nursing center.