Sun City Center Florida CCRC, Independent Living
Freedom Plaza Retirement Community is a Sun City Center Florida Continuing Care Retirement Community – or CCRC. We offer a full continuum of Senior Living Solutions, including:
These care options are available on our campus at the following locations:
- Homewood Residence at Freedom Plaza – Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
- Plaza West Health Care Center at Freedom Plaza – Skilled Nursing Care
- The Inn at Freedom Plaza – 23-unit Assisted Living community adjacent to Plaza West, offering the same service and amenities as Homewood.
Our award-winning ConnectedLiving program helps residents stay connected online with family and friends. In addition, residents’ family members are able to access the ConnectedLiving Network (CLN) from anywhere to communicate directly with their loved one and view dining menus, calendars, photo galleries and more.
Our residents have the comforts of home in a beautiful residential setting while enjoying the peace of mind and convenience of a continuing care retirement community. But there are several major differences:
Through our value and partner plans, Freedom Plaza offers our residents a comprehensive lifecare plan which can be tailored to suit the individual’s own personal and financial needs;
Freedom Plaza is Florida’s premier lifecare and golfing community offering our active residents a lifestyle comparable to “resort living.” At Freedom Plaza we take away the day to day chores of cleaning, cooking and maintaining a residence so that you can do the things you most enjoy;
While Freedom Plaza is a primarily a luxury retirement complex, there is a safety net of services and support offered through our comprehensive health care center including Skilled Nursing services in the Plaza West Health Center and Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and dementia Care at Homewood Residence. Freedom Plaza residents have priority access to each level of health care offered.
And finally, providing our residents with love, support and security is our primary goal. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to share more of our exciting story with you and introduce you to our community. Freedom Plaza is more than lifecare, it’s a lifestyle.
Freedom Plaza is pleased to enjoy the association and sponsorship of the Retired Officers’ Corporation (ROC). ROC seeks to ensure the very finest lifecare programs and living arrangements for everyone at Freedom Plaza.
We invite you to come experience exceptional senior living at Freedom Plaza at Sun City Center today.
- Freedom Plaza Sun City Center is a Continuing Care Retirement Community. We offer Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care and Skilled Nursing Care options for seniors.
- Your choice of breakfast, lunch or dinner daily
- Exercise and fitness programs
- Housekeeping and linen services
- Staff available 24 hours a day for residents convenience or in case of emergency
- Scheduled transportation services
- All utilities paid excluding local phone
- Daily cultural, social and/or educational programs, outings or events
- Health and wellness services
- Guest accomodations
- Health screenings
- Priority access to other levels of care
- Assurance program
- Locked-in healthcare benefits
- Special indoor walking track
- Recreation rooms
- Woodworking shop
- Indoor/outdoor heated swimming pool and jacuzzi spa
- Exercise rooms
- Beauty salon/Barber shop
- The French Cafe
- The Pub
- 300 seat auditorium
- Dance floor
- Crafts room
- Billiards room
- 18 hole golf course
How to Choose
The Freedom Plaza Formula for Peace of Mind:
- Options – A purchase price you select from the two available
- Predictability – A lifetime cap on annual monthly expenses
- Longer lasting assets – Significantly discounted healthcare expenses
- Preservation of assets – Potential purchase price refund that can benefit your children, grandchildren or a favorite charity
- LifeCare – This is our financial guarantee that you cannot outlive your assets and therefore you will never be a burden on your family.
As you calculate your expenses at Freedom Plaza into your overall financial planning, consider that we offer two unlimited LifeCare purchase plans that we think will make your planning a bit easier. Your purchase price for your preferred apartment is based upon three factors:
- The apartment size
- The amount of your purchase you want to be refundable to you or to your estate
- The level of protection you want against future healthcare costs, in the form of a healthcare benefit or discount, if you should need a higher level of care.
Regardless of the purchase plan you select, as a resident of Freedom Plaza you have our contractual LifeCare assurance that, even if you exhaust your assets through no fault of your own, we will cover your monthly shortfall for the rest of your life whether you are in Independent Living or in our Healthcare Center.
The basis for the healthcare benefit for the two plans is the then current Monthly Fee for independent apartment floor plan C—the “Benefit Fee”. Like all of our monthly fees, the Benefit Fee annual increase is capped at the Consumer Price Index plus up to 2%. The Benefit Fee plus the cap on its increase provides you with completely predictable future living expenses including the possibility of Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care or Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Care. You may not need any of these healthcare services offered at Freedom Plaza, but it is nonetheless wise to factor some healthcare expenses as you consider your future financial needs.
The Patriot Estate Plan — 80% Refundable – This plan carries with it our highest purchase prices because up to 80% of your purchase price is refundable to you or to your estate; plus it has our strongest unlimited Healthcare Benefit. This benefit is for your lifetime. You pay only the Benefit Monthly Fee—the then current C Apartment Monthly Fee—plus the cost of two additional meals per day. If there are two residents in the apartment, both receive the Healthcare Benefit.
The Patriot Plus Plan — 0% Refundable – This plan provides lower prices than the Patriot Estate Plan and provides for a 0% refund of your purchase price – amortized over a 48-month period but it offers the same strong healthcare benefit of the Patriot Estate Plan. For each month you live at Freedom Plaza, the amount of your refund is reduced by 2% (6% in the first month). Example: if you should leave the community after 12 months for any reason, you or your estate would receive a refund up to 72% of your purchase price—the full price reduced by 6% in month one and 2% for months two through 12.
This is also a lifetime benefit. You pay only the Benefit Monthly Fee—the then current C Apartment Monthly Fee – plus the cost of two additional meals per day. If there are two residents in the apartment, both receive the Healthcare Benefit.
The decision to move into a LifeCare Continuing Care Retirement Community such as Freedom Plaza is a serious one that requires much thought, planning and open discussion with family members and loved ones. It represents both a major life decision and a substantial financial commitment; however, we believe your will agree that the move-in decision represents a financially astute investment, with a large percentage of the investment reverting back to the family or estate.
For those considering a move to Freedom Plaza, we recommend that you:
- Visit the community more than once before you decide to purchase – talk with the Executive Director, the sales staff and as many of the residents as possible about the lifestyle, care options, services and delivery.
- Carefully consider your personal financial situation and the impact the decision will have on your lifestyle, your health and the peace of mind of both you and your family.
- Learn all you can about our community from personal visits, reading materials and other sources.
- Request information and carefully consider the financial position of the community and our parent company, Brookdale Senior Living and how our Company backs its LifeCare contracts.
- Read carefully any and all contracts or other binding documents before agreeing to purchase a residence here or in any senior living community.
- Review all documents with your advisor before executing your residency agreement.
What is Lifecare?
As a Freedom Plaza LifeCare resident, you will enjoy the following lifestyle advantages:
- Freedom from the burdens of maintaining a home
- A wide range of independent living accommodations
- A full continuum of care services on campus
- Flexible financial plans
- The opportunity to share in the asset appreciation of your community on a favorable tax basis
- The up-front entry fee “buys down” your monthly service fee so that they are lower than those at comparable rental communities
- Tax deductions relating to entry fee and monthly fees
- Caps on future fee increases in most cases result in lower future cost than rental communities
- Predictable long-term expenses
- Asset preservation, through the refund
- Discounted health care
The cost of LifeCare at Freedom Plaza compares favorably with the cost of remaining in your own home, and is more personally accommodating to your long-term health and wellness. Brookdale believes that the quality of life in senior housing offers many advantages over remaining at home and affords peace of mind, thanks to:
- The choice of multiple financial options designed to fit your current situation and goals
- The potential for a more active, health-conscious lifestyle in an engaging social environment
- The availability of a full range of health and community services when needed at a significant discount.
- Our Care for Life Guarantee option, which protects you if you should outlive your assets
We understand that choosing a retirement community represents a lifestyle choice. That’s why we offer more than a comfortable living environment for you.
Optimum Life is a lifestyle concept that is unique to Brookdale. At Freedom Plaza, it is our comprehensive approach to exceptional senior living that is designed to help you live life at your maximum potential.
The key to aging well is living well. Optimum Life promotes active adult living, with a premise that everyone can achieve the maximum degree of health, fulfillment and purpose of which they are capable. The path to achieving an Optimum Life is an individual journey that is uniquely yours and that builds upon your past and present abilities and circumstances to help you reach your highest level of well-being.
An Optimum Life has six dimensions: purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual. Through these six dimensions, the concept of Optimum Life brings together a number of activities and opportunities designed to balance your overall sense of well-being, regardless of your current level of health, mobility or wellness. And the Optimum Life concept can benefit residents in any retirement community or senior living environment, whether those communities individually provide independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing or Alzheimer’s care, or if they are Continuing Care Retirement Communities offering multiple lifestyles and care options.
As a Freedom Plaza resident, the choice is yours to take advantage of any of the numerous opportunities we provide in each area of Optimum Life. The culture of caring that we strive to bring alive within our communities is enhanced by our Optimum Life philosophy: we hope to assist all the residents in our communities to achieve optimal health, wholeness and life fulfillment in a comfortable senior living environment.
Continuum of Care
As a Brookdale LifeCare community, our approach to senior living combines a variety of services and care options, enabling us to proactively meet the changing lifestyle or care needs or our residents.
Freedom Plaza succeeds by providing independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and skilled nursing, all of which are available here in a single setting. Through Brookdale, we also offer an extensive spectrum of therapy services and wellness programs within our community, delivered professionally by Innovative Senior Care (ISC), a fully integrated therapy and ancillary services organization that operates within our community.
ISC completes the care circuit of care services provided at Freedom Plaza with a full selection of services that include physical, occupational and speech therapy, along with fitness and wellness programs. For the convenience of our residents, these additional services are delivered on site at the community by staff personnel our residents know.
Home Health and Personalized Living services are also available from Brookdale Senior Living to provide either temporary or more long term services to our residents.
Road to Residency
The road to residency at a Brookdale LifeCare Continuing Care Retirement Community is a process that assists you in assuring that the move will help you meet your lifestyle and retirement objectives. Our process includes a “Retirement Analysis” that assists you in making these decisions by forecasting future needs based on actuarial calculations and statistics relating to your projected needs and costs for the rest of your life.
When you visit Freedom Plaza and find the apartment that you want we begin the process of ensuring your desires are in line with your needs and your personal profile. The basic underwriting criteria to live at a Brookdale Senior Living Continuing Care Retirement Community offering LifeCare considers your financial position, as well as your physical health and psychological profile at the time of move-in.
Call today to schedule your private visit, lunch and tour with one of our sales counselors.