Assisted Living, Independent Living, Skilled Nursing Care in Bradenton, Florida
Freedom Village Bradenton located in Bradenton, Florida is a Continuing Care Retirement Community. We offer a full continuum of senior living solutions, including Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing Care options for seniors. We also offer Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care at Clare Bridge of Bradenton.
Nestled on a scenic, park-like campus in Bradenton is Freedom Village, a tranquil life care retirement community that is linked by location to water and sunshine. Here, the conveniences of city living and the quiet charm of coastal suburbs flow together in a tranquil, comfortable neighborhood of friends.
Our award-winning ConnectedLiving program helps residents stay connected online with family and friends. In addition, residents’ family members are able to access the ConnectedLiving Network (CLN) from anywhere to communicate directly with their loved one and view dining menus, calendars, photo galleries and more.
At Freedom Village residents can freely enhance their independence without the responsibilities and burdens of home ownership as they discover a refreshing escape to a gentler pace of life.
Freedom Village offers something for everyone and with our dedicated staff available 24 hours a day; you’ll rest easy knowing we can meet your every need.
We invite you to come experience exceptional senior living at Freedom Village Bradenton today.
Freedom Village Bradenton is a Continuing Care Retirement Community. We offer Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, and Skilled Nursing Care options for seniors.
- Three nutritious, freshly prepared meals daily (Assisted Living and Memory Care)
- Drinks and snacks provided throughout the day (Assisted Living and Memory Care)
- Exercise, fitness and therapy programs
- Housekeeping and linen services
- Staff available 24 hours a day for residents convenience or in case of emergency
- Scheduled transportation services
- Daily cultural, social and/or educational programs, outings or events
- Health and wellness services
- Priority access to other levels of care including Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, and Skilled Nursing Care services
- Dining rooms
- Sidewalk Cafe
- Fitness and wellness center
- Private dining rooms
- Billiards, game and card room
- Reserved parking for each resident
- Auditorium/Performing arts theatre
- Arts studio
- Beauty salon/Barber shop
- Heated lap-length pool and spa
- Landscaped grounds
- Courtyards and walking trails
- Full-service bank
- Computer center
LifeCare CCRCs were first developed in the Unites States over a century ago and continue to adjust to the evolving needs of succeeding generations of Americans. Over the decades, providers have developed a wide variety of service-enhancements and care options to improve the quality and extent of services offered to residents. Pricing structures and healthcare commitments also continue to evolve.
The entry fee LifeCare retirement community is a concept that is rapidly growing in popularity throughout the country today. An entry fee community is structured to charge an upfront payment, such as the down payment on your current home. But, instead of buying real estate, you are purchasing household and health-related services, and the right to live at the community for the rest of your life – secure in the knowledge that, should your health fail, you will have all of your healthcare needs met, short of an acute illness requiring hospitalization.
Most people use a portion of the proceeds from the sale of their home to fund the entry fee. With the flexible financial plans and incentives we offer there is no better time to consider selling your home and moving to Freedom Village.
As you compare Freedom Village with rental retirement communities, you will be struck by how much lower our Monthly Fees are than at the rental retirement communities – as much as 50% lower. This is because your entry fee is “buying down” the monthly fee, just as you lower your monthly mortgage payment with a larger down payment when you purchase a home. Your entry fee enables you to receive the same services at a lower monthly cost.
Freedom Village has financial programs to give you options and are flexibly structured to let you preserve as much of your capital as you desire, which you may pass on to your estate. Depending upon which of our entry fee financial plans you choose, your fee may be partially or fully refundable to you or your estate.
Healthcare benefits also accompany your entry fee. As a full service Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) we have a total continuum of health, therapy and other care services on our campus. Residents can choose from many financial plans which include optimal health care coverage with varying healthcare benefits to accommodate individual needs. Depending upon the plan you select, you can also tailor your future healthcare costs to fit your budget.
As a LifeCare community, once you are accepted as a resident at Freedom Village, your entry fee also guarantees that, should you run out of money Freedom Village will pay for your shortfall. You will never be asked to leave Freedom Village if you should exhaust all of your assets through no fault of your own.
The IRS has ruled that at entry fee communities like Freedom Village – with significant healthcare savings and a LifeCare provision – portions of your entry fee and your monthly fee are deductible on your Federal Income Tax return as prepayment of medical expenses.
Combine this tax savings with our full or partial refund of capital programs, a lower monthly fee and savings on future healthcare costs – and the elimination of any concern you may have about running out of money – and you can easily see the value-added you receive at Freedom Village.
NOTE: We urge you to consult your financial or tax advisor or your attorney so that you determine how the Freedom Village program fits into your total financial picture.
The decision to move into a LifeCare CCRC such as Freedom Village is a serious one that requires much thought, planning and open discussion with family members and loved ones. It represents both a major life decision and a substantial financial commitment; however, we believe you will agree that the move-in decision represents a financially astute investment, with a large percentage of the investment reverting back to the family or estate.
For those considering a move to Freedom Village, we recommend that you:
- Visit the community more than once before you decide to purchase – talk with the Executive Director, the sales staff and as many of the residents as possible about the lifestyle, care options, services and delivery.
- Carefully consider your personal financial situation and the impact the decision will have on your lifestyle, your health and the peace of mind of both you and your family.
- Learn all you can about our community from personal visits, reading materials and other sources.
- Request information and carefully consider the financial position of the community and our parent company, Brookdale Senior Living and how our Company backs its LifeCare contracts.
- Read carefully any and all contracts or other binding documents before agreeing to purchase a residence here or in any senior living community.
- Review all documents with your advisor before executing your residency agreement.
How to Choose
The cost of LifeCare at Freedom Village compares favorably with the cost of remaining in your own home, and is more personally accommodating to your long-term health and wellness. Brookdale believes that the quality of life in senior housing offers many advantages over remaining at home and affords peace of mind, thanks to:
- The choice of multiple financial options designed to fit your current situation and goals
- The potential for a more active, health-conscious lifestyle in an engaging social environment
- The availability of a full range of health and community services when needed at a significant discount
- Our Care for Life Guarantee option, which protects you if you should outlive your assets
We appreciate that the residents at Freedom Village have made a very significant financial and emotional commitment at a point in their lives when they may be apprehensive about their future needs. We are dedicated to ensuring that your investment in our LifeCare community is one that will bring you value, security and peace of mind every day.
Prospective residents should keep three requirements in mind when choosing a LifeCare CCRC:
- That the LifeCare CCRC will provide quality, professional care
- That the community will be governed and operated in a manner that allows it to remain financially sound and meet its long-term commitments to residents
- That the terms of the agreement for housing, care, services and a refund or repayment of the entry fee will be honored and met – including how the agreement addresses the situation in which a resident’s financial resources are depleted through no fault of his/her own.
- Brookdale Senior Living’s LifeCare communities operate on established Brookdale Protocols that conform to standard industry best practices and often exceed their requirements.
As a Freedom Village LifeCare resident, you will enjoy the following lifestyle advantages:
- Freedom from the burdens of maintaining a home
- A wide range of independent living accommodations
- A full continuum of care services on campus
- Flexible financial plans
- The opportunity to share in the asset appreciation of your community on a favorable tax basis
- The up-front entry fee “buys down” your monthly service fee so that they are lower than those at comparable rental communities
- Tax deductions relating to entry fee and monthly fees
- Caps on future fee increases in most cases result in lower future cost than rental communities
- Predictable long-term expenses
- Asset preservation, through the refund
- Discounted health care
We understand that choosing a retirement community represents a lifestyle choice. That’s why we offer more than a comfortable living environment for you.
Optimum Life is a lifestyle concept that is unique to Brookdale. At Freedom Village, it is our comprehensive approach to exceptional senior living that is designed to help you live life at your maximum potential.
The key to aging well is living well. Optimum Life promotes active adult living, with a premise that everyone can achieve the maximum degree of health, fulfillment and purpose of which they are capable. The path to achieving an Optimum Life is an individual journey that is uniquely yours and that builds upon your past and present abilities and circumstances to help you reach your highest level of well-being.
An Optimum Life has six dimensions: purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual. Through these six dimensions, the concept of Optimum Life brings together a number of activities and opportunities designed to balance your overall sense of well-being, regardless of your current level of health, mobility or wellness. And the Optimum Life concept can benefit residents in any retirement community or senior living environment, whether those communities individually provide independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing or Alzheimer’s care, or if they are Continuing Care Retirement Communities offering multiple lifestyles and care options.
As a Freedom Village resident, the choice is yours to take advantage of any of the numerous opportunities we provide in each area of Optimum Life. The culture of caring that we strive to bring alive within our retirement communities is enhanced by our Optimum Life philosophy: we hope to assist all the residents in our communities to achieve optimal health, wholeness and life fulfillment in a comfortable senior living environment.
Continuum of Care
As a Brookdale LifeCare community, our approach to senior living combines a variety of services and care options, enabling us to proactively meet the changing lifestyle or care needs or our residents.
Freedom Village provides independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and skilled nursing, all of which are available here in a single setting. Through Brookdale, we also offer an extensive spectrum of therapy services and wellness programs within our community, delivered professionally by Innovative Senior Care (ISC), a fully integrated therapy and ancillary services organization that operates within our community.
ISC completes the care circuit of care services provided at Freedom Village with a full selection of services that include physical, occupational and speech therapy, along with fitness and wellness programs. For the convenience of our residents, these additional services are delivered on site at the community by staff personnel our residents know.
Home Health and Personalized Living services are also available from Brookdale Senior Living to provide either temporary or more long term services to our residents.
Call today to schedule your private visit, lunch and tour with one of our sales counselors.
Senior living industry leaders established recommended industry guidelines which are called “best practices.” Brookdale’s protocols meet these best practices, providing for residents’ informational needs and protection when choosing one of our LifeCare communities.
- As a Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE: BKD) community, Freedom Village stands behind our LifeCare contracts and is committed to financial transparency. To ensure our residents are fully aware of its financial capabilities, Brookdale takes the following actions…
- Provides consolidated financials for its Entry Fee CCRC communities.
- Provides a review of audited annual statements.
- Provides a monthly review of community income statements.
- Makes annual disclosure statements available to residents.
- Hosts monthly resident meetings and financial reviews on site.
Financial disclosures are posted on the investor page of Brookdale’s company web site at www.brookdaleliving.com. These are provided prominently in the residents’ library in our community.
- In keeping with Brookdale Senior Living policy, Freedom Village has imposed upon itself an annual limit on the amount by which your monthly service fees may increase. This limitation is favorable for our residents and is unprecedented in the industry. Annual increases are discussed at budget meetings and with the community finance committees. We also provide fee schedules in residency agreements and annual disclosure statements.
- Our contract at Freedom Village is a comprehensive agreement that describes the full set of services we can provide over the much extended time frame of residency and all related financial arrangements. We make every effort to ensure the contract is straightforward, concise and clear. The Executive Director and Director of Financial Services at the community are available during the evaluation process to answer questions on contracts. At closing, they also perform a formal review of each aspect of the contract. We recommend that prospects carefully review these documents with their advisors before signing them.
- Freedom Village’s goal is to help keep our residents in their current home at our community for as long as it is safe for them and for others. Our community offers numerous ancillary and wellness services. However, if a resident needs or desires to move to another care or service level, a confidential decision is made with the understanding and concurrence of the resident and/or their family, the resident’s physician and community staff. This helps assure that we are providing the correct service for each resident in the proper setting.
- Brookdale has operated entry fee CCRCs since 1979 and takes pride in never having denied care or services to a resident who selected a contract with this option and managed his/her finances in good faith, but was unable to meet their contractual obligations. Freedom Village contracts provide a “Care for Life” option which assures residents they will always receive care or services. Should a Freedom Village resident with a Care for Life contract ever outlive their financial resources, the Executive Director or Director of Financial Services at the community will work with them to verify and assess their capabilities and assist them in moving to a more affordable apartment. Brookdale and Freedom Village stand behind our Care for Life provision once this process has taken place. These provisions are detailed in our resident contracts.
- Community governance at Freedom Village is provided by our experienced Executive Director and operations staff in concert with the resident advisory committee. Disclosures relating to Brookdale’s expertise, management and governance are available in our Company’s annual reports and quarterly statements, which we provide to each of our CCRC communities. This information is also available on the investor page of our company web site at www.brookdaleliving.com. Brookdale is a public company with a corporate board that meets all requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the New York Stock Exchange, where our stock is traded. Accordingly, our company and our communities offer experienced and professional oversight at every level of operation, always seeking meaningful input from those we serve: our residents.
Road to Residency
The road to residency at a Brookdale LifeCare Continuing Care Retirement Community is a process that assists you in assuring that the move will help you meet your lifestyle and retirement goals. It also helps you make very difficult decisions by providing a model similar to that provided by a certified financial planner. Our process includes a “Retirement Analysis” that assists you in making these decisions by forecasting future needs based on actuarial calculations and statistics relating to your projected needs and costs for the rest of your life.
When you visit Freedom Village and find the apartment or villa home that you want to make yours we begin the process of ensuring your desires are in line with your needs and your personal profile. The basic underwriting criteria to live at a Brookdale Senior Living Continuing Care Retirement Community offering LifeCare consider your financial position, as well as your physical health and psychological profile at the time of move-in.
Call today to schedule your private visit, lunch and tour with one of our sales counselors.