Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s Care, Skilled Nursing Care in Holland, Michigan
Freedom Village Holland located in Holland Michigan is a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
We offer Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care and Skilled Nursing Care options for seniors. Situated near Lake Michigan, Holland is one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations, too. Each spring thousands come to the city to see the millions of blossoms along tulip lanes, in large garden beds, and at nearby bulb farms.
Our award-winning ConnectedLiving program helps residents stay connected online with family and friends. In addition, residents’ family members are able to access the ConnectedLiving Network (CLN) from anywhere to communicate directly with their loved one and view dining menus, calendars, photo galleries and more.
Just a five-minute drive north of Freedom Village are dozens of other interesting stores in the city’s largest shopping center. Here are Westshore Mall, a traditional enclosed mall, and Manufacturers Marketplace, an outdoor mall which attracts shoppers from throughout the Midwest and Canada.
Freedom Village Holland offers something for everyone and with our dedicated staff available 24 hours a day; you’ll rest easy knowing we can meet your every need.
We invite you to come experience exceptional senior living at Freedom Village Holland today.
- Freedom Village Holland is a Continuing Care Retirement Community offering Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care and Skilled Nursing Care for seniors.
- We offer different meal plans
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Scheduled transportation services
- Maintenance and security
- Valet service
- Medical call system
- Staff available 24 hours a day for residents convenience or in case of emergency
- Emergency medical care
- Fitness and exercise programs
- Guest rooms for visitors
- Daily cultural, social and/or educational programs, outings or events
- Health and wellness services
- Indoor walking track and indoor shuffleboard
- Sidewalk cafe
- Card room
- Parking options – covered, uncovered
- Sprinkler system
- Five elegant dining rooms
- 2 private dining rooms
- Auditorium with stage
- Social lounges
- Billiard and pool table room
- Indoor heated pool and spa
- Full-service bank
- Physician’s office
- Beauty salon/barber shop
- Convenience store and gift shop
- Arts and crafts room
- Woodworking shop
- 2-story gymnasium
How to Choose
LifeCare CCRCs were first developed in the Unites States over a century ago and continue to adjust to the evolving needs of succeeding generations of Americans. Over the decades, providers have developed a wide variety of service-enhancements and care options to improve the quality and extent of services offered to residents. Pricing structures and healthcare commitments also continue to evolve.
We appreciate that the residents at Freedom Village have made a very significant financial and emotional commitment at a point in their lives when they may be apprehensive about their future needs. We are dedicated to ensuring that your investment in our LifeCare community is one that will bring you value, security and peace of mind every day.
Prospective residents should keep three requirements in mind when choosing any LifeCare CCRC:
- That the CCRC will provide quality, professional care
- That the community will be governed and operated in a manner that allows it to remain financially sound and meet its long-term commitments to residents
- That the terms of the agreement for housing, care, services and a refund or repayment of the entry fee will be honored and met – including how the agreement addresses the situation in which a resident’s financial resources are depleted through no fault of his/her own.
The decision to move into a LifeCare CCRC such as Freedom Village is a serious one that requires much thought, planning and open discussion with family members and loved ones. It represents both a major life decision and a substantial financial commitment; however, we believe you will agree that the move-in decision may also represent a financially astute investment, with the possibility of a large percentage of the investment reverting back to the family or estate.
For those considering a move to Freedom Village, we recommend that you:
- Visit the community more than once before you decide to purchase – talk with our Executive Director, the sales staff and as many of the residents as possible about the lifestyle, care options, services and delivery.
- Carefully consider your personal financial situation and the impact the decision will have on your lifestyle, your health and the peace of mind of both you and your family.
- Learn all you can about our community from personal visits, reading materials and other sources, including visits to onsite events and activities, both educational and fun.
- Request information and carefully consider the financial position of the community and our parent company, Brookdale Senior Living, and how our Company backs its LifeCare contracts.
- Read carefully any and all contracts or other binding documents before agreeing to purchase a residence here or in any senior living community.
- Review all documents with your advisor before executing your residency agreement.
As a Freedom Village LifeCare resident, you will enjoy the following lifestyle advantages:
- Freedom from the burdens of maintaining a home
- A wide range of independent living accommodations
- A full continuum of care services on campus
- Flexible financial plans
- The opportunity to share in the asset appreciation of your community on a favorable tax basis via annual tax benefits/deductions for health care
- Tax deductions relating to entry fee and monthly fees
- Historically low fee increases result in asset retention.
- Caps on future fee increases in most cases result in lower future cost than rental communities
- Predictable long-term expenses
- Asset preservation, through the refund
- Discounted health care
The cost of LifeCare at Freedom Village compares favorably with the cost of remaining in your own home, and is more personally accommodating to your long-term health and wellness. Brookdale believes that the quality of life in senior housing offers many advantages over remaining at home and affords peace of mind. LifeCare provides our residents with a security commitment to their physical and financial well-being.
We understand that choosing a retirement community represents a lifestyle choice. That’s why we offer more than a comfortable living environment for you.
Optimum Life is a lifestyle concept that is unique to Brookdale. At Freedom Village, it is our comprehensive approach to exceptional senior living that is designed to help you live life at your maximum potential.
The key to aging well is living well. Optimum Life promotes active adult living, with a premise that everyone can achieve the maximum degree of health, fulfillment and purpose of which they are capable. The path to achieving an Optimum Life is an individual journey that is uniquely yours and that builds upon your past and present abilities and circumstances to help you reach your highest level of well-being.
An Optimum Life has six dimensions: purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual. Through these six dimensions, the concept of Optimum Life brings together a number of activities and opportunities designed to balance your overall sense of well-being, regardless of your current level of health, mobility or wellness.
As a Freedom Village resident, the choice is yours to take advantage of any of the numerous opportunities we provide in each area of Optimum Life. The culture of caring that we strive to bring alive within our communities is enhanced by our Optimum Life philosophy: we hope to assist all the residents in our communities to achieve optimal health, wholeness and life fulfillment in a comfortable senior living environment.
Continuum of Care
As a Brookdale LifeCare community, our approach to senior living combines a variety of services and care options, enabling us to proactively meet the changing lifestyle or care needs or our residents.
Freedom Village succeeds by providing independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and skilled nursing, all of which are available here in a single setting. Through Brookdale, we also offer an extensive spectrum of therapy services and wellness programs within our community, delivered professionally by Innovative Senior Care (ISC), a fully integrated therapy and ancillary services organization that operates within our community.
ISC completes the care circuit of care services provided at Freedom Village with a full selection of services that include physical, occupational and speech therapy, along with fitness and wellness programs. For the convenience of our residents, these additional services are delivered on site at the community by staff our residents know.
Home Health and Personalized Living Services are also available from Brookdale Senior Living to provide either temporary or more long-term services to our residents, with the aim of enhancing and/or sustaining their independence.
Senior living industry leaders established recommended industry guidelines which are called “best practices.” Brookdale’s protocols meet these best practices, providing for residents’ informational needs and protection when choosing one of our LifeCare communities.
- As a Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE: BKD) community, Freedom Village stands behind its LifeCare contracts and is committed to financial transparency. To ensure our residents are fully aware of its financial capabilities, Brookdale takes the following actions…
- Provides consolidated financials for our community
- Provides a review of audited annual statements.
- Provides a monthly review of community income statements.
- Makes annual disclosure statements available to residents.
- Hosts monthly resident meetings and financial reviews on site.
Financial disclosures are posted on the investor page of Brookdale’s company web site at www.brookdaleliving.com. These are provided prominently in the residents’ library at Freedom Village.
- In keeping with Brookdale Senior Living policy, annual increases are discussed at budget meetings and with the community finance committees. We also provide fee schedules in residency agreements and annual disclosure statements.
- Our contract at Freedom Village is a comprehensive agreement that describes the full set of services we can provide over the much extended time frame of residency and all related financial arrangements. We make every effort to ensure the contract is straightforward, concise and clear. The Executive Director and Director of Financial Services at the community are available during the evaluation process to answer questions on contracts. At closing, they also perform a formal review of each aspect of the contract. We recommend that prospects carefully review these documents with their advisors before signing them.
- Freedom Village’s goal is to help keep our residents in their current home at our community for as long as it is safe for them and for others. Our community offers numerous ancillary and wellness services. However, if a resident needs or desires to move to another care or service level, a confidential decision is made with the understanding and concurrence of the resident and/or their family, the resident’s physician and community staff. This helps assure that we are providing the correct service for each resident in the proper setting.
- Brookdale has operated entry fee CCRCs since 1979 and takes pride in never having denied care or services to a resident who selected a contract with this option and managed his/her finances in good faith, but was unable to meet their contractual obligations. Freedom Village contracts provide a “Care for Life” option which assures residents they will always receive care or services. Should a Freedom Village resident with a Care for Life contract ever outlive their financial resources, the Executive Director or Director of Financial Services at the community will work with them to verify and assess their capabilities and assist them in moving to a more affordable apartment. Brookdale and Freedom Village stand behind our Care for Life provision once this process has taken place. These provisions are detailed in our resident contracts.
- Community governance at Freedom Village is provided by our experienced Executive Director and operations staff in concert with the resident advisory committee. Disclosures relating to Brookdale’s expertise, management and governance are available in our Company’s annual reports and quarterly statements, which we provide to each of our CCRC communities. This information is also available on the investor page of our company web site at www.brookdaleliving.com. Brookdale is a public company with a corporate board that meets all requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the New York Stock Exchange, where our stock is traded. Accordingly, our company and our communities offer experienced and professional oversight at every level of operation, always seeking meaningful input from those we serve: our residents.
Road to Residency
The road to residency at a Brookdale LifeCare Continuing Care Retirement Community is a process that assists you in assuring that the move will help you meet your lifestyle and retirement goals. It also helps you make very difficult decisions by providing a model similar to that provided by a certified financial planner. Our process includes a “Retirement Analysis” that assists you in making these decisions by forecasting future needs based on actuarial calculations and statistics relating to your projected needs and costs for the rest of your life.
When you visit Freedom Village and find the apartment that you want we begin the process of ensuring your desires are in line with your needs and your personal profile. The basic underwriting criteria to live at a Brookdale Senior Living Continuing Care Retirement Community offering LifeCare consider your financial position, as well as your physical health and psychological profile at the time of move-in.
Call today to schedule your meal and private visit or our community with one of our sales counselors.