Birmingham Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Care at its Finest
Hanover Health and Rehabilitation Center, easily accessible from all parts of Birmingham near St. Vincent’s Hospital, offers exceptional Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Care services for seniors.
The 66 private or shared suites at Hanover Health and Rehabilitation are an important complement to the Brookdale Senior Living care continuum in Birmingham, including the well-respected senior living communities Brookdale Place of University Park, Town Village of Vestavia Hills and Galleria Woods that also offer Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living and Dementia Care.
At Hanover Health and Rehabilitation, the daily experience of programs, services and care are unique. You won’t find here what makes most nursing homes “institutional.” The best in available Rehabilitation and Care is enhanced by suites with private showers, Sweet Dreams warm blankets and an Optimum Life focus to maximize your personal wellness. The referrals you’ll hear from those we’ve supported will confirm our promise that “everything we do begins with care.”
Rehabilitate Your Mind, Body and Spirit at Hanover Health and Rehabilitation Center
Hanover Health and Rehabilitation Center provides rehabilitation and skilled nursing services with a focus on respect, innovation and choice. We incorporate innovative approaches to individualized resident care.
Whether your stay with us is for a short-term, rehabilitation-focused residency or for longer-term nursing and supportive care, our associates understand that excellent service extends beyond delivering basic services to caring for the whole person. Our emphasis is on treating each resident as an individual, honoring their personal preferences and choices.
For those moving to our community for a short-term recovery, the vast majority achieve their prior level of functioning and are able to go home within three to five weeks.
Hanover Health and Rehabilitation is a place where residents can rejuvenate their senses and their spirit while recovering to their highest functional potential.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy services provided by our own Innovative Senior Care Professionals, with state-of-the-art therapy equipment and methods to maximize your recovery
- Commitment to avoid use of contract labor so your care is provided by professionals that you’ll know and trust
- Three daily meals that satisfy two important P’s – your palette and your physician
- reFRESHSM warm wet aromatherapy towel before some meals to invigorate your senses
- “Sweet Dreams” warm blankets enhance your comfort
- Celebrations activities
- Optimum Life opportunities
- 24 hour/7 days-a-week access to medical services guided by your attending physician
- Personal laundry services available
- Scheduled transportation services
- Library and lifelong learning opportunities
- First-class Rehabilitation Center
- Rehabilitation Jacuzzi Spa Experience – scents, sounds and sensations will sooth your spirit
- Beauty Salon
- Special events with entertainment options
Care Needs focused on:
- Post-Operative care
- Hip-Knee Surgery
- Cardiac by pass
- CVA Stroke with Vital Stim treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Orthopedic related injuries and replacements
- Reconditioning/ strengthening
- Wound Care
- Pain Management
- Neurological Disorders
- Diabetic Care
- Terminal Illness Care
- Long-term care
- Skilled Nursing care for those with Alzheimer’s or Dementia
Hanover Health and Rehabilitation Center is certified for Medicare and is licensed by the state of Alabama for the provision of Skilled Nursing Care. When possible, fees for your nursing and rehabilitation services will be billed to Medicare Parts A or B. Otherwise, private payment for billed services is accepted. If you have Long-Term Care Insurance, you will be provided with information needed for filing of your claims.