Senior Assisted Living & Alzheimer’s Care in Florida
Lake Seminole Square offers a luxurious, condominium atmosphere that is an action-filled environment for retirement in a unique, 14 acre campus on Lake Seminole. If you love the water vistas and shore birds that only a water front location can provide, then Lake Seminole is for you.
Our award-winning ConnectedLiving program helps residents stay connected online with family and friends. In addition, residents’ family members are able to access the ConnectedLiving Network (CLN) from anywhere to communicate directly with their loved one and view dining menus, calendars, photo galleries and more.
You will enjoy totally independent living in your own private condominium: care free, No household chores or home maintenance to steal hours from fun pursuits.
Lake Seminole Square also offers you a full continuum of services which guarantees that no matter what happens to you physically or financially, you will always have a home and services. Professional services are available for any level of health care and assistance you may need now or in the future.
Purchasing at Lake Seminole Square offers you all the privileges of home ownership with none of the worries. And, when you join our Club Membership program, you will be assured to receive all the services and privileges we have to offer, allowing you to choose the assistance you need when you need it.
We invite you to come experience exceptional senior living at Lake Seminole Square today.
- Lake Seminole Square offers exceptional Independent Living, and Personalized Assisted Living options for seniors.
- One nutritious, freshly prepared meal each day
- Cable / Satellite TV
- Exercise and fitness program
- Special diet accommodation
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Apartment mainenance
- An emergency pull-cord system
- Staff available 24 hours a day for residents convenience or in case of emergency
- Scheduled transportation services
- All utilities paid
- Daily cultural, social and/or educational programs, outings or events
- Health and wellness services
- Outdoor shuffleboard
- Country store
- Full-service bank
- Dentist office
- Laundry room
- Recreation room
- Whirlpool spa
- Swimming pool
- Ice cream-soda-sandwich shop
- Sprinkler system
- Covered parking
- Beauty salon/barber shop
- Tennis/golf clubs near by
- Pristine gulf beaches mere minutes away
How to Choose
Full Service Retirement Communities and CCRCs were first developed in the United States over a century ago and continue to adjust to the evolving needs of succeeding generations of Americans. Over the decades, providers have developed a wide variety of service-enhancements and care options to improve the quality and extent of services offered to residents. Pricing structures and healthcare commitments also continue to evolve.
We appreciate that the residents at Lake Seminole Square have made a very significant financial and emotional commitment at a point in their lives when they may be apprehensive about their future needs. We are dedicated to ensuring that your investment in our full service retirement community is one that will bring you value, security and peace of mind every day.
Prospective residents should keep three requirements in mind when choosing any entry fee and/or full service retirement community:
- That the community will provide a quality lifestyle and professional care
- That the community will be governed and operated in a manner that allows it to remain financially sound and meet its long-term commitments to residents
- That the terms of the agreement for housing, care, services and a refund or repayment of the entry fee will be honored and met – including how the agreement addresses the situation in which a resident’s financial resources are depleted through no fault of his/her own
The decision to move into full service retirement community such as Lake Seminole Square is a serious one that requires much thought, planning and open discussion with family members and loved ones. It represents both a major life decision and a substantial financial commitment; however, we believe your will agree that the move-in decision may also represent a financially astute investment, with a large percentage of the investment reverting back to the family or estate.
For those considering a move to Lake Seminole Square, we recommend that you:
- Visit the community more than once before you decide to purchase – talk with our Executive Director, the sales staff and as many of the residents as possible about the lifestyle, care options, services and delivery.
- Carefully consider your personal financial situation and the impact the decision will have on your lifestyle, your health and the peace of mind of both you and your family.
- Learn all you can about our community from personal visits, reading materials and other sources.
- Request information and carefully consider the financial position of the community and our parent company, Brookdale Senior Living, and how our Company backs its retirement community contracts.
- Read carefully any and all contracts or other binding documents before agreeing to purchase a residence here or in any senior living community.
- Review all documents with your advisor before executing your residency agreement.
As a Lake Seminole Square resident, you will enjoy the following lifestyle advantages:
- Freedom from the burdens of maintaining a home
- A wide range of independent living accommodations
- Access to a full continuum of local care services when needed
- Flexible financial plans
- The up-front entry fee “buys down” your monthly service fee so that they are lower than those at comparable rental communities
- Tax deductions relating to monthly fees
- Caps on future fee increases in most cases result in lower future cost than rental communities
- Predictable long-term expenses
- Asset preservation, through the refund
- Discounted health care
The cost of living at Lake Seminole Square compares favorably with the cost of remaining in your own home, and is more personally accommodating to your long-term health and wellness. Brookdale believes that the quality of life in senior housing offers many advantages over remaining at home and affords peace of mind, thanks to:
- The choice of multiple financial options designed to fit your current situation and goals
- The potential for a more active, health-conscious lifestyle in an engaging social environment
- The availability of a full range of health and community services when needed
- Our Care for Life Guarantee option, which protects you if you should outlive your assets
We understand that choosing a retirement community represents a lifestyle choice. That’s why we offer more than a comfortable living environment for you.
Optimum Life is a lifestyle concept that is unique to Brookdale. At Lake Seminole Square, it is our comprehensive approach to exceptional senior living that is designed to help you live life at your maximum potential.
The key to aging well is living well. Optimum Life promotes active adult living, with a premise that everyone can achieve the maximum degree of health, fulfillment and purpose of which they are capable. The path to achieving an Optimum Life is an individual journey that is uniquely yours and that builds upon your past and present abilities and circumstances to help you reach your highest level of well-being.
An Optimum Life has six dimensions: purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual. Through these six dimensions, the concept of Optimum Life brings together a number of activities and opportunities designed to balance your overall sense of well-being, regardless of your current level of health, mobility or wellness. And the Optimum Life concept can benefit residents in any retirement community or senior living environment, whether those communities individually provide independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing or Alzheimer’s care, or if they are Continuing Care Retirement Communities offering multiple lifestyles and care options.
As a Lake Seminole Square resident, the choice is yours to take advantage of any of the numerous opportunities we provide in each area of Optimum Life. The culture of caring that we strive to bring alive within our communities is enhanced by our Optimum Life philosophy: we hope to assist all the residents in our communities to achieve optimal health, wholeness and life fulfillment in a comfortable senior living environment
Continuum of Care
As a Brookdale full service retirement community, our approach to senior living combines a variety of services and care options, enabling us to proactively meet the changing lifestyle or care needs or our residents.
Lake Seminole Square succeeds by providing independent living, assisted living, and rehabilitation and skilled nursing, all of which are available to our residents. Through Brookdale, we also offer an extensive spectrum of therapy services and wellness programs within our community, delivered professionally by Innovative Senior Care (ISC), a fully integrated therapy and ancillary services organization that operates within our community.
ISC completes the circuit of care services provided at Lake Seminole Square with a full selection of services that include physical, occupational and speech therapy, along with fitness and wellness programs. For the convenience of our residents, these additional services are delivered on site at the community.
Home Health and Personalized Living services are also available from Brookdale Senior Living to provide either temporary or more long term services to our residents.
As a Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE: BKD) community, Lake Seminole Square stands behind its residency contracts and is committed to financial transparency. To ensure our residents are fully aware of its financial capabilities, Brookdale takes the following actions…
- Provides consolidated financials for our community.
- Provides a review of audited annual statements.
- Provides a monthly review of community income statements.
- Makes annual disclosure statements available to residents.
- Hosts monthly resident meetings and financial reviews on site.
Financial disclosures are posted on the investor page of Brookdale’s company web site at www.brookdaleliving.com. These are provided prominently in the residents’ library at Lake Seminole Square .
- In keeping with Brookdale Senior Living policy, Lake Seminole Square has imposed upon itself an annual limit on the amount by which your monthly service fees may increase. This limitation is favorable for our residents and is unprecedented in the industry. Annual increases are discussed at budget meetings and with the community finance committees. We also provide fee schedules in residency agreements and annual disclosure statements.
- Our contract at Lake Seminole Square is a comprehensive agreement that describes the full set of services we can provide over the much extended time frame of residency and all related financial arrangements. We make every effort to ensure the contract is straightforward, concise and clear. The Executive Director and Director of Financial Services at the community are available during the evaluation process to answer questions on contracts. At closing, they also perform a formal review of each aspect of the contract. We recommend that prospects carefully review these documents with their advisors before signing them.
- Lake Seminole Square ’s goal is to help keep our residents in their current home at our community for as long as it is safe for them and for others. Our community offers numerous ancillary and wellness services. However, if a resident needs or desires to move to another care or service level, a confidential decision is made with the understanding and concurrence of the resident and/or their family, the resident’s physician and community staff. This helps assure that we are providing the correct service for each resident in the proper setting.
- Brookdale has operated entry fee CCRCs since 1979 and takes pride in never having denied care or services to a resident who selected a contract with this option and managed his/her finances in good faith, but was unable to meet their contractual obligations. Lake Seminole Square contracts provide a “Care for Life” option which assures residents they will always receive care or services. Should a Lake Seminole Square resident ever outlive their financial resources, the Executive Director or Director of Financial Services at the community will work with them to verify and assess their capabilities and assist them in moving to a more affordable condominium. Brookdale and Lake Seminole Square stand behind our Care for Life provision once this process has taken place. These provisions are detailed in our resident contracts.
- Community governance at Lake Seminole Square is provided by our experienced Executive Director and operations staff in concert with the resident advisory committee. Disclosures relating to Brookdale’s expertise, management and governance are available in our Company’s annual reports and quarterly statements, which we provide to each of our full service and CCRC communities. This information is also available on the investor page of our company web site at www.brookdaleliving.com. Brookdale is a public company with a corporate board that meets all requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the New York Stock Exchange, where our stock is traded. Accordingly, our company and our communities offer experienced and professional oversight at every level of operation, always seeking meaningful input from those we serve: our residents.
Road to Residency
The road to residency at a Brookdale full service retirement community is a process that assists you in assuring that the move will help you meet your lifestyle and retirement goals. It also helps you make very difficult decisions by providing a model similar to that provided by a certified financial planner. Our process includes a “Retirement Analysis” that assists you in making these decisions by forecasting future needs based on actuarial calculations and statistics relating to your projected needs and costs for the rest of your life.
When you visit Lake Seminole Square and find the condominium that you want to make yours, we begin the process of ensuring your desires are in line with your needs and your personal profile. The basic underwriting criteria to live at a Brookdale Senior Living Continuing Care Retirement Community consider your financial position, as well as your physical health and psychological profile at the time of move-in.
Lake Seminole Square provides a comprehensive retirement package, along with the freedom to select from among five distinct purchase plans offering different returns should you ever wish to move. One plan provides a full return of your purchase price, while four others offer various refund options depending upon which healthcare plan you select.
Lake Seminole Square prices its condominiums according to size and location. Then, depending upon the healthcare option selected, the resident can receive a refund of up to 100% of the purchase price when the condominium is vacated.
If you itemize deductions on your Federal Income Taxes, you can realize additional savings. The Internal Revenue Service has ruled that a portion of both your purchase price and monthly service fee is deductible as pre-payment of medical expenses. Through Lake Seminole Square, you will be notified each year of the percentage you can deduct based on an annual IRS review.
The Partner Plan – 100% Refund Designed for those who already have a strong long-term care insurance program and are more concerned about preserving assets than future healthcare costs. The Partner Plan allows for the greatest return by guaranteeing a full 100% refund of the purchase price when the condominium is resold.
This plan provides for 300 days of healthcare services discounted 15% per person along with priority access to either the Inn at Lake Seminole or the Freedom Square Rehab Center, if needed. You or your long-term care insurance provider will be responsible for all of your additional health costs.
Freedom Square is our sister community, also operated by Brookdale Senior Living. Lake Seminole Square residents have the same priority access to the Freedom Square Rehab Center, as do residents of Freedom Square itself. Lake Seminole Square and Freedom Square are within easy walking distance of each other, or our chauffeured transportation will be available for visits to your friends and loved ones.
The Security Plan – 0% Refund – This plan offers the best protection against future healthcare costs while at the same time helping to preserve your assets.
Our Security Plan provides for healthcare capped at $3500 per month per person (plus our normal annual fee increases capped at the CPI plus up to 2%) at the Freedom Square Rehab Center. If healthcare is needed, the monthly fee for the condominium will be adjusted or eliminated based on service and occupancy requirements. Under this plan, your refund amortizes down to 0% over a four-year period.
The Security Plus Plan – 50% Refund This plan provides the same excellent healthcare benefit as the Security Plan, and while the purchase price is higher, the Security Plus Plan also provides for a 50% refund of your purchase price.
This plan offers healthcare capped at $3500 per month per person (plus our normal annual monthly fee increases capped at the CPI plus up to 2%).
The Traditional Plan – 50% Refund Our Traditional Plan is designed for you if you want to preserve a portion of your purchase price, but also want some degree of protection against future healthcare expenses.
The Traditional Plan offers the same pricing as the Security Plan, but differs in two important ways. It provides for a 50% refund of your purchase price and you receive 360 healthcare days per person, for temporary stays during which, your condominium first person monthly fee is waived, and you receive a 15% healthcare discount thereafter. Your benefit days can be used at the rate of 90 days per year for a temporary stay in our healthcare center. During this time, the monthly fee for your condominium will be adjusted or eliminated based on service and occupancy requirements. The guaranteed minimum refund fee is 50% of the original single-person entrance fee you paid as the purchase of your condominium.
The Value Plan – 0% Refund This plan is designed for those who wish to pay least up front and are more interested in predictable future healthcare costs than in preserving assets. This plan is identical to the Traditional Plan, with two important exceptions: The purchase price is significantly lower, but it is not refundable after an initial 48-month amortization period.
The Lake Seminole Square lifestyle has been designed to assure your enjoyment today and to help predict future healthcare costs. As a Brookdale Senior Living community, Lake Seminole Square exists to enhance your comfort and convenience. Choose Lake Seminole Square todayÉ and secure your retirement years on Florida’s Fabulous Sun Coast.