Indiana Senior Living at its Finest
Robin Run Village located in Indianapolis, Indiana is a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Our award-winning ConnectedLiving program helps residents stay connected online with family and friends. In addition, residents’ family members are able to access the ConnectedLiving Network (CLN) from anywhere to communicate directly with their loved one and view dining menus, calendars, photo galleries and more.
Convenient to Interstate 465, you’re just minutes from any number of shops and restaurants, the airport or any of your favorite downtown attractions.
At Robin Run Village, we offer a wonderful lifestyle to our residents through our wide array of services and amenities.
You can remain connected and meet new friends with our many clubs and organizations. Surf the internet in our computer center; explore your creative side in our woodworking shop, or ceramics and stained-glass studio; or take a leisurely, scenic stroll along our mile-and-a-half nature trail.
Whatever your interests, there’s something for everyone at Robin Run Village!
With our full range of services and dedicated staff available 24 hours a day; you’ll rest easy knowing we can meet your every need.
We invite you to come experience exceptional senior living at Robin Run today.
Levels of Care
Robin Run is a Continuing Care Retirement Community offering; Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, Adult Day Care Center and Skilled Nursing Care.
Our dining program offers a choice of lunch or dinner daily prepared with only the freshest ingredients.
Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment the way you want it cleaned every other week.
Flat Linen Services
We launder your flat linens every other week.
Our trained and licensed transportation staff provides door-to-door services to shopping and your personal appointments (pre-arranged).
Programs, Outings, and Events
With a variety of programs, outings and/or events daily, there’s always something fun and exciting to do.
Fitness and Wellness Programs
We offer fitness and wellness programs with today’s active senior in mind.
Our staff is available around the clock for your peace of mind.
Our knowledgeable concierge can answer any question you may have.
Our main dining room offers a beautiful setting and a friendly staff waiting to serve you.
Private Dining Room
Our private dining room offers a more intimate setting for celebrations with friends and family (pre-planned).
Café and General Store
Our delightful café and general store make it easy to get a light bite to eat in a more casual setting or pick up everyday items for your apartment.
Indoor Swimming Pool
Our heated indoor swimming pool is great for an aquatic workout or a leisurely swim with friends or family.
Our billiards room is great for a friendly game of pool.
Our activity room accommodates a variety of activities from games to distance learning.
Arts and Crafts Studio
Our ceramics and stained glass studio allows residents to express their creativity.
Create a masterpiece in our woodworking shop.
Our convenient on-site Wellness Center is available to meet your basic healthcare needs through the expertise of our registered nurse.
Our guest accommodations make it convenient for out-of-town friends and family to visit.
Outdoor Garden Areas
Tend to your favorite warm weather plants in our well-maintained garden areas.
Our exercise room promotes a healthy lifestyle with senior-friendly fitness equipment.
Our library is a great place to relax and read the paper, enjoy a favorite book or borrow a movie.
Our computer room is a great place to surf the Internet or even learn how to use a computer.
Our walking paths invite you to take a stroll through our beautiful grounds.
Our beauty/barber shop is conveniently located on the main level and is run by local, reputable stylists.
Our spacious community room can be used for various social gatherings, events and activities.
Emergency Response System
Our emergency response system is monitored 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week by our well-trained staff in case of an emergency.
On-Site Banking Services
On-site banking services provided by Regions Bank make it convenient to do all of your banking without having to leave home.
On-Site Postal Services
Access to on-site postal services is available for your convenience.
Laundry facilities are located on every floor for your convenience.
Covered parking is available for an additional cost.
Resident storage is available for your convenience.
How to Choose
LifeCare CCRCs were first developed in the Unites States over a century ago and continue to adjust to the evolving needs of succeeding generations of Americans. Over the decades, providers have developed a wide variety of service-enhancements and care options to improve the quality and extent of services offered to residents. Pricing structures and healthcare commitments also continue to evolve.
We appreciate that the residents at Robin Run Village have made a very significant financial and emotional commitment at a point in their lives when they may be apprehensive about their future needs. We are dedicated to ensuring that your investment in our LifeCare community is one that will bring you value, security and peace of mind every day.
Prospective residents should keep three requirements in mind when choosing any LifeCare CCRC:
- That the CCRC will provide quality, professional care
- That the community will be governed and operated in a manner that allows it to remain financially sound and meet its long-term commitments to residents
- That the terms of the agreement for housing, care, services and a refund or repayment of the entry fee will be honored and met – including how the agreement addresses the situation in which a resident’s financial resources are depleted through no fault of his/her own
Call today to schedule your private visit, lunch and personal tour with one of our sales counselors.
The decision to move into a LifeCare CCRC such as Robin Run Village is a serious one that requires much thought, planning and open discussion with family members and loved ones. It represents both a major life decision and a substantial financial commitment; however, we believe your will agree that the move-in decision may also represent a financially astute investment, with a large percentage of the investment reverting back to the family or estate.
For those considering a move to Robin Run Village, we recommend that you:
- Visit the community more than once before you decide to purchase – talk with our Executive Director, the sales staff and as many of the residents as possible about the lifestyle, care options, services and delivery.
- Carefully consider your personal financial situation and the impact the decision will have on your lifestyle, your health and the peace of mind of both you and your family.
- Learn all you can about our community from personal visits, reading materials and other sources.
- Request information and carefully consider the financial position of the community and our parent company, Brookdale Senior Living, and how our Company backs its LifeCare contracts.
- Read carefully any and all contracts or other binding documents before agreeing to purchase a residence here or in any senior living community.
- Review all documents with your advisor before executing your residency agreement.
As a Robin Run Village LifeCare resident, you will enjoy the following lifestyle advantages:
- Freedom from the burdens of maintaining a home
- A wide range of independent living accommodations
- A full continuum of care services on campus
- Flexible financial plans
- The opportunity to share in the asset appreciation of your community on a favorable tax basis
- The up-front entry fee “buys down” your monthly service fee so that they are lower than those at comparable rental communities
- Tax deductions relating to entry fee and monthly fees
- Caps on future fee increases in most cases result in lower future cost than rental communities
- Predictable long-term expenses
- Asset preservation, through the refund
- Discounted health care
The cost of LifeCare at Robin Run Village compares favorably with the cost of remaining in your own home, and is more personally accommodating to your long-term health and wellness. Brookdale believes that the quality of life in senior housing offers many advantages over remaining at home and affords peace of mind, thanks to:
- The choice of multiple financial options designed to fit your current situation and goals
- The potential for a more active, health-conscious lifestyle in an engaging social environment
- The availability of a full range of health and community services when needed at a significant discount
- Our Care for Life Guarantee option, which protects you if you should outlive your assets
We understand that choosing a retirement community represents a lifestyle choice. That’s why we offer more than a comfortable living environment for you.
Optimum Life is a lifestyle concept that is unique to Brookdale. At Robin Run Village, it is our comprehensive approach to exceptional senior living that is designed to help you live life at your maximum potential.
The key to aging well is living well. Optimum Life promotes active adult living, with a premise that everyone can achieve the maximum degree of health, fulfillment and purpose of which they are capable. The path to achieving an Optimum Life is an individual journey that is uniquely yours and that builds upon your past and present abilities and circumstances to help you reach your highest level of well-being.
An Optimum Life has six dimensions: purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual. Through these six dimensions, the concept of Optimum Life brings together a number of activities and opportunities designed to balance your overall sense of well-being, regardless of your current level of health, mobility or wellness. And the Optimum Life concept can benefit residents in any retirement community or senior living environment, whether those communities individually provide independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing or Alzheimer’s care, or if they are Continuing Care Retirement Communities offering multiple lifestyles and care options.
As a Robin Run Village resident, the choice is yours to take advantage of any of the numerous opportunities we provide in each area of Optimum Life. The culture of caring that we strive to bring alive within our communities is enhanced by our Optimum Life philosophy: we hope to assist all the residents in our communities to achieve optimal health, wholeness and life fulfillment in a comfortable senior living environment.
Continuum of Care
As a Brookdale LifeCare community, our approach to senior living combines a variety of services and care options, enabling us to proactively meet the changing lifestyle or care needs or our residents.
Robin Run Village succeeds by providing independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing, all of which are available here in a single setting. Through Brookdale, we also offer an extensive spectrum of therapy services and wellness programs within our community, delivered professionally by Innovative Senior Care (ISC), a fully integrated therapy and ancillary services organization that operates within our community.
ISC completes the circuit of care services provided at Robin Run Village with a full selection of services that include physical, occupational and speech therapy, along with fitness and wellness programs. For the convenience of our residents, these additional services are delivered on site at the community by staff personnel our residents know.
Home Health and Personalized Living services are also available from Brookdale Senior Living to provide either temporary or more long term services to our residents.
Senior living industry leaders established recommended industry guidelines which are called “best practices.” Brookdale’s protocols meet these best practices, providing for residents’ informational needs and protection when choosing one of our LifeCare communities.
- As a Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE: BKD) community, Robin Run Village stands behind its LifeCare contracts and is committed to financial transparency. To ensure our residents are fully aware of its financial capabilities, Brookdale takes the following actions…
- Provides consolidated financials for our community.
- Provides a review of audited annual statements.
- Provides a monthly review of community income statements.
- Makes annual disclosure statements available to residents.
- Hosts monthly resident meetings and financial reviews on site.
Financial disclosures are posted on the investor page of Brookdale’s company web site at www.brookdale.com. These are provided prominently in the residents’ library at Robin Run Village.
- In keeping with Brookdale Senior Living policy, Robin Run Village has imposed upon itself an annual limit on the amount by which your monthly service fees may increase. This limitation is favorable for our residents and is unprecedented in the industry. Annual increases are discussed at budget meetings and with the community finance committees. We also provide fee schedules in residency agreements and annual disclosure statements.
- Our contract at Robin Run Village is a comprehensive agreement that describes the full set of services we can provide over the much extended time frame of residency and all related financial arrangements. We make every effort to ensure the contract is straightforward, concise and clear. The Executive Director and Director of Financial Services at the community are available during the evaluation process to answer questions on contracts. At closing, they also perform a formal review of each aspect of the contract. We recommend that prospects carefully review these documents with their advisors before signing them.
- Robin Run Village’s goal is to help keep our residents in their current home at our community for as long as it is safe for them and for others. Our community offers numerous ancillary and wellness services. However, if a resident needs or desires to move to another care or service level, a confidential decision is made with the understanding and concurrence of the resident and/or their family, the resident’s physician and community staff. This helps assure that we are providing the correct service for each resident in the proper setting.
- Brookdale has operated entry fee CCRCs since 1979 and takes pride in never having denied care or services to a resident who selected a contract with this option and managed his/her finances in good faith, but was unable to meet their contractual obligations. Robin Run Village contracts provide a “Care for Life” option which assures residents they will always receive care or services. Should a Robin Run Village resident with a Care for Life contract ever outlive their financial resources, the Executive Director or Director of Financial Services at the community will work with them to verify and assess their capabilities and assist them in moving to a more affordable apartment. Brookdale and Robin Run Village stand behind our Care for Life provision once this process has taken place. These provisions are detailed in our resident contracts.
- Community governance at Robin Run Village is provided by our experienced Executive Director and operations staff in concert with the resident advisory committee. Disclosures relating to Brookdale’s expertise, management and governance are available in our Company’s annual reports and quarterly statements, which we provide to each of our CCRC communities. This information is also available on the investor page of our company web site at www.brookdaleliving.com. Brookdale is a public company with a corporate board that meets all requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the New York Stock Exchange, where our stock is traded. Accordingly, our company and our communities offer experienced and professional oversight at every level of operation, always seeking meaningful input from those we serve: our residents.
Road to Residency
The road to residency at a Brookdale LifeCare Continuing Care Retirement Community is a process that assists you in assuring that the move will help you meet your lifestyle and retirement goals. It also helps you make very difficult decisions by providing a model similar to that provided by a certified financial planner. Our process includes a “Retirement Analysis” that assists you in making these decisions by forecasting future needs based on actuarial calculations and statistics relating to your projected needs and costs for the rest of your life.
When you visit Robin Run Village and find the apartment or Garden Home that you want to make yours we begin the process of ensuring your desires are in line with your needs and your personal profile. The basic underwriting criteria to live at a Brookdale Senior Living Continuing Care Retirement Community offering LifeCare consider your financial position, as well as your physical health and psychological profile at the time of move-in.
Brookdale residents tell us that we address the four (4) elements that they are looking for to provide real peace of mind for them and for their loved ones:
- Choices–through providing five purchase plans that allows them to select the plan that best suits their needs
- Predictability–by capping monthly fee increases so they can more accurately project future expenses
- Assets That Last Longer–due to the cap on monthly increases and discounted healthcare
- Preservation of Assets–they don’t spend down all their assets as they might in a rental community. Instead, they have the option of having a significant portion of assets returned to them through our Entry Fee refund program providing a nest egg for children or grandchildren or a favorite charity.
As you factor your expenses at Robin Run Village into your overall financial planning, consider that we offer two LifeCare plans in the Garden Homes and four plans in our apartments to make your planning a bit easier. The purchase price for your preferred apartment is based upon:
- Home square footage
- The amount of your Entry Fee you want to be refundable to you or to your estate
- Entry Fee refunded upon move-out or death only.
Call today to schedule your private visit, lunch and tour with one of our sales counselors.