Formerly: Emeritus at White Chapel
Newark, DE 19713
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Exceptional Senior Living in Newark, Delaware
Brookdale White Chapel provides excellent Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and dementia care services for seniors in Newark, Delaware.
Conveniently located within four blocks of downtown Newark, the Newark city bus stops at the entrance of our community, and we are a short walk to the Newark Senior Center, which has a gymnasium and pool on the property.
We are minutes from Rd 95 and easily accessible from northeast Maryland and southeast Pennsylvania. We have two major shopping centers within a mile radius. We are less than five miles from the premier hospital in the area, Christiana. The University of Delaware is in downtown Newark offering adult education and interest groups for seniors.
The Kind of Care You Deserve
When you become a resident at our community, you’ll be treated to some of the finest care in the region. For our staff this isn’t just a job — it’s a passion. And they will work with you to create a personalized care plan that fits your needs. Here’s a little about our two levels of care:
- Assisted Living — We provide just the right amount of assistance to make our residents’ lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
- Memory Care — Our state-of-the-art Clare Bridge Program employs the latest research plus the knowledge base and experience of the largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in the nation. Our programs can help your loved one maintain their mental functions, be more engaged with the world and enjoy the satisfaction and dignity of daily moments of success.
Life at Brookdale White Chapel
Our community has 100 senior apartments that come in a wide range of styles, including studios, one-bedroom, two-bedrooms and efficiency apartments. We have a very comfortable, home-like setting and are a pet friendly community. Our apartments are located on three floors with accommodating elevators, a library, media room, computer/internet access and a cafe for general refreshments available at all hours.
A Wonderfully Active Lifestyle
At Brookdale White Chapel, we have a very diverse social and recreation calendar to meet the needs of both Assisted Living and Memory Care residents. We support a variety of activities including live entertainment, outdoor excursions and creative and cultural events. Our residents have fun with our ice cream socials, manicures, or any one of our great clubs for the daily activities.
Our senior living community offers many excursions out in the community to museums, Longwood Gardens, as well as lunch and scenic tours of the area. A variety of religious denominations are represented for spiritual needs. And for the holidays, we have celebrations for friends and family, entertainment and lots to enjoy.
Learn More About Our Community
Our residents quickly become like family at Brookdale White Chapel. They are cared for, treated with respect and loved. Discover other aspects about our community by calling to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
Brookdale White Chapel offers two levels of care options — Assisted Living and Memory Care. Each of these lifestyles can be tailored to fit your particular needs.
Our Unique Approach to Assisted Living
Our Assisted Living community can offer help if you need assistance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing and administering needed medication. Just like family, we provide a little extra support with certain tasks while helping you maintain the privacy, dignity and independence that means so much to you.
Our skilled and trained staff does more than just provide you with the right kind of assistance to live a healthy and safe lifestyle. We can offer care plans that are customized to fit your particular needs.
It all starts with a Personal Service Assessment. With each of our residents, we sit down and listen to their needs. We don’t try to force a care plan on you. Instead, we work with you to figure out the level of assistance you feel comfortable with. Our support is based on only what you need, so you don’t end up paying for a ton of extra services.
We strive to provide an individualized experience for each of our residents. It’s evident in the customized plans that we offer, but it’s also apparent in the atmosphere we provide for our seniors. We learn details about our residents — from their favorite snack and recipe to a lifelong passion — and use that to provide a truly individualized living experience.
Person-Centered Memory Care
When you or your loved one joins our Memory Care community, you’ll be given the strongest kind of support, security and life-enriching programs. We create an environment that allows you to feel safe while enjoying meaningful experiences every day.
We have a state-of-the-art approach to Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, which has been perfected throughout the years. This approach is based on the Clare Bridge concept that utilizes the latest research and innovations to deliver quality Memory Care to seniors. We focus on caring for the individual — working to encourage feelings of belonging, a sense of self, purpose and fulfillment.
After undergoing specific training, our staff gently assists residents with daily programs that are designed to maintain a resident’s abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. Programs may include a “Morning Mental Workout” where residents might enjoy brain-stimulating games or discussions, and a Person-Centered Program, which may honor a resident’s past interests and involvements.
We also offer the Clare Bridge Dining Program, which was designed by a team of specialists to help those with Alzheimer’s and dementia master and enjoy successful dining experiences. It offers dementia-friendly menus, individualized dining assistance, a supportive environment and consistent seating arrangements.
Discover More About Our Care Approach
Your care needs are extremely important, and you don’t want to trust them in the hands of just anyone. Give us a call and we’d love to tell you more about our unique approach to senior care.
From housekeeping services to regular scheduled activities to a fine dining experience, our residents get to live a resort-level lifestyle in the comfort of their own home. Learn more about the amenities and services you’ll enjoy as a Brookdale White Chapel resident.
High Quality Amenities
- Specially designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
- Fully equipped fire safety and sprinkler systems
- Outdoor courtyard
- Outdoor walking paths
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Activity room with computer and Internet access
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special occasions
- Tea room
- Hair salon
- Medical safety alert monitoring system
- Personal Solutions — Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
- Private suite
- Private suite/shared bath
- Private deluxe suite
- Companion suite
- One-bedroom apartment
- Two-bedroom apartment
- Shared studio
- Shared two-bedroom
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window coverings
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and sink
- Telephone hookup
- Cable hookup
- Basic cable included
- Large, lighted closets
- Private bath including step-in shower and safety bars
- Patio and screened-in porch for outdoor living space
Expert Health Services
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse on-site 24 hours a day
- Registered nurse on-call, 24 hours a day
- Personal Service Plan
- Medication assistance
- Medication administration
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around the clock
- Ongoing monitoring of resident’s health status
- Incontinence care/management
- Diabetic care
- Stage I and II wound care
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and fall management
- Short-term stay options
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care available
- Ongoing dementia training and support for staff
Resort Lifestyle Services
- Daily Housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Three nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service available
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Transportation services available
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Specially designed exercise and fitness programs
- Ambulation and escort services
Stop Searching and Start Living
Get the care you need, in a comfortable environment, with all the life enriching activities you could want. Call or submit the online form to schedule a tour to see what life could be like at our community.