Arlington, VA 22203
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Arlington, Virginia
Brookdale Arlington offers a beautiful Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and dementia care community for seniors. Our loving family redefines life for residents, respecting their individuality, and allowing them to live life more meaningfully. We offer all of the amenities of home, without the work.
With a continuum of care, residents have the security of knowing they can remain here, in their home, without having to relocate and separate from their familiar surroundings and friendships, should their needs change over time. We are conveniently located in the heart of Arlington, and close to casual and fine dining establishments, shopping and cultural centers.
A Wonderful Place to Call Home
Arlington offers a friendly, home-like environment, which you feel as soon as you enter the front door. Cheerful smiles from our caring, professional staff greet you everyday, and our peaceful setting creates a wonderful living environment for residents. With many planned activities and dining services, there are numerous opportunities to make new friends, right here in your home.
Our community features several senior apartment layouts to meet the discerning tastes of our seniors. From studio living to larger one-bedroom apartments featuring private dens/studies, we are proud to offer these beautifully appointed units. For those with with memory loss, we offer the same residences within our Memory Care setting. Arlington’s staff takes pride in respecting the privacy and individuality of each person, while at the same time creating a real sense of community.
An Active and Engaging Lifestyle
A daily and monthly calendar of events is full of exciting programs that strive to enrich and engage the lives of our residents and their families. We offer a wide variety of activities that encourage the strengthening of their physical and mental functions. Our Hobby Shop is open to those who like to explore their creative side through different art mediums, and community guests make appearances to facilitate educational and spiritual groups and discussions.
The Green Thumb Gang keeps all of our indoor plants well groomed and during the mild weather, attend to our outdoor gardens, and the Give Back Group takes on community projects by volunteering their time and talent to local agencies. In the immortal words of Art Linkletter, we too believe that “Old Age is for Sissies” and that maintaining an active and fulfilling lifestyle can have a positive effect on the Golden years of our life.
Substantial investments in our culinary program and staffing, allow us to provide mealtime experiences that set our communities apart from the competition. From Culinary Arts Training for chefs, to select seasonings and bakery options, Brookdale has created one of the industry’s leading dining services. Our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician.
Three restaurant-style meals are served each day in the group dining room and snacks are provided throughout the day. We continue to meet the nutritional needs of residents with dining choices that promote their health and well-being. Each meal offers a selection of delicious choices, sensational service and we always accommodate special restrictions and requests.
To help alleviate any confusion or added stress, we keep mealtimes very routine for our Memory Care community. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.
Learn More About Our Community
To experience Brookdale Arlington and the services we provide, please give us a call or submit the online form on this page. We would love to show you our home!
Levels of Care
As the population ages, more people are discovering senior Assisted Living and the peace of mind we offer. Our community’s approach focuses on being a trusted partner and listening to your needs, understanding the life you want for yourself or a loved one and customizing a solution that puts that life within reach.
Brookdale Arlington offers two levels of care:
- Assisted Living provides personal assistance and support with daily activities and services needed, such as medication management, meals, bathing and dressing, as well as amenities for housekeeping and linen services, transportation and recreations. Our individualized care plans provide an ideal blend of convenience and support, with respect for personal preferences.
- Memory Care was created over 25 years ago and continually embraces current research in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia. Associates help residents create daily moments of success, offering opportunities for them to experience a sense of purpose and meaning. A gently daily structure is provided to help maintain and encourage current skills.
More About Memory Care
Memory Care at Brookdale offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self. Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for our staff members. All of our highly trained associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care for seniors with dementia.
An established set of protocols and techniques enables our team to intervene when challenging behaviors resulting from dementia arise. Our whole-community philosophy is the key that empowers our staff to identify any unmet needs and be a part of the solution.
Strong, Professional Relationships and Loving Staff
We are dedicated to maintain professional relationships with visiting physician groups, home health agencies and hospice agencies, as well as professional companion companies to support you and your loved one. Arlington has teamed up with the National Chapter of Alzheimer’s Association and hosts bi-monthly support groups. We work closely with several community based healthcare companies including Capital, Odysseys and Heartland Hospices.
Brookdale’s family values set us apart from any other senior living community. We are selective when choosing staff to join our team. Only those with a caring heart and experience in working with seniors are accepted into our family. From placing a call for a cab, warming someone’s coffee or holding the elevator door, our compassionate and competent team of professionals work hard to exceed the expectations of our residents.
Partnering With The Local Neighborhood Community
Our staff and residents continually partner with the local community. We work with schools, churches and civic organizations to promote various drives and causes. From our strong presence in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s and hosting intergenerational programs with children, to collecting items for the “Stockings for Seniors” project, we have our pulse on what is going on in our community. We are proud to be able to give back to those who may be less fortunate than ourselves.
Learn More About Arlington’s Levels of Care
We invite you to experience exceptional Assisted Living and Memory Care services at Brookdale. Please fill out the online form or give us a call to schedule a tour.
Brookdale Arlington’s inviting community provides the care and services you desire, plus the amenities of a resort. While the levels of care and needs will vary, each resident receives a customized care plan that is tailored to meet their personal preferences, ensuring a comfortable and supportive retirement for our seniors.
- Comfortable living spaces
- Outdoor courtyard
- Outdoor gardening areas
- Spacious family room
- Dining room
- Private dining room
- Hobby and craft room
- Full-service salon offering hairstyling, manicures and facials
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Located near shopping and fine dining
- Convenient to public transportation
- Underground garage parking for residents and guests
- Metro access one block from the building
Apartment Styles and Features
- Private suite
- Companion suite
- One-bedroom apartment
- Two-bedroom apartment
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window coverings
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and sink
- Telephone hookup
- Basic cable included
- Walk-in closets
- Private bath including step-in shower and safety bars
- Patio for outdoor living space
- Small pets welcome
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available, 24-hours a day
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around-the-clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Behavior tracking and management
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Linen services
- Three freshly-prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and falls management
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Ancillary services including pet care, in-room food service and errand running
- Personal check-ins throughout the day
- Ambulation assistance
- Ongoing dementia training and support for staff
- On-sight rehab center with physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstop delivery for all of your personal care products.
Learn More About our Services
For more information on Arlington’s programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.