Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
Retirement Living Community in Colorado Springs, CO
Located in a quiet enclave of southwest Colorado Springs near Highway 24 and I-25, Brookdale Bear Creek offers Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, and Skilled Nursing.
Set on landscaped grounds with courtyards and a view of Cheyenne Mountain, our community offers well-appointed accommodations and attentive service. We are located across the street from one of the city’s largest dog parks within Bear Creek Regional Park and within walking distance of Red Rock Canyon Park with trail access. Memorial Hospital Central and Penrose Maine are a short drive away.
You or your loved one will have the security of knowing that a continuum of care options is available on campus or nearby without the concern of selecting new services at a different location and without the worry of buy-in fees or leases. We also offer a short-term respite stay option, enabling residents to stay just a short period of time to give caregivers a much needed break or to simply visit and get to know our community.
Live the lifestyle you want with the care you need
Our campus includes the following levels of care and lifestyle options:
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities. We balance assistance with independence, providing just the right amount care needed.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia care program where skilled associates provide residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities, encourage the use of their current skills and experience daily moments of success with a sense of purpose.
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation — Licensed and Medicare-approved, our community offers skilled nursing care supported by speech, physical and occupational therapies and other rehabilitation services. We also offer respite care and hospice.
Live an Optimum Life
Fitness and wellness programs are an important part of our commitment to our residents’ experience at Brookdale Bear Creek. Our Optimum Life is a holistic initiative that balances six key dimensions of wellness – purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual – to help you live a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness and fulfillment.
Our associates serve our community by creating meaningful connections with residents and providing exceptional service and care. In fact, many of our staff first joined our team when Bear Creek first opened in 2000. For our associates, the opportunity to serve others is more than a job; it’s a passion.
Learn More About Brookdale Bear Creek
Experience our distinctive blend of hospitality, attentive service, and well-appointed amenities. Complete the online form for more information or call today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
Residents of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) enjoy an engaging lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. From Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care to Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, transitioning between levels of care is simple.
We understand your concern for the health and safety of your loved one. You may worry that they may not take their medications properly or suffer a serious fall with no one around to help. You have watched them slowly lose some of their abilities to manage daily tasks, and you feel the strain of additional demands on your time as you look after your loved one, and the guilt of not being able to do more.
We also understand how your loved ones feel too. They may be afraid of losing the comforts of a home built and furnished over a lifetime, or they fear losing their independence and their connection to friends and family.
We want you to know you are not alone. Our services are the unique contribution we can make to your loved one’s well-being and quality of life. At Brookdale Bear Creek we serve our residents and their families by providing balanced assistance and care to make our residents’ lives easier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible. Our associates are here to support the care that you and other family members already provide.
There may come a time when you or your loved may need additional help with daily tasks. At Brookdale Bear Creek, we offer Assisted Living care so you’ll be prepared, if or when you need more assistance.
It all begins with a personal service assessment. We take the time to listen to our residents, so we can understand their needs; then we establish clinical, dining and program support that works for them in a meaningful way. We partner with our residents, recognizing their individual needs and preferences, and adjust services to meet their changing needs.
So whether it’s a unique snack, the celebration of a favorite season or a lifelong interest, we value the privilege of knowing our residents and building relationships with them to create a truly personalized living experience.
With our exclusive personal service system, you can live your life the way you want with the right care at the right time, delivered by the right people. Through years of experience serving seniors, we have developed a process that allows us to customize personal care plans for our Assisted Living residents. Your customized care plan means you only pay for the services you need and want, giving you the flexibility to change your plan.
With a number of planned activities and award-winning programs, our residents have many appealing and entertaining options. We offer life enriching opportunities to engage our resident’s interests, passion and purpose.
Brookdale is committed to evidence-based programs, like our signature B-Fit exercise program as well as Brookdale Celebrates. Brookdale Celebrates combines inspired culinary and educational offerings that come together with themed experiences, special events and group activities spotlighting different cultures and cuisines.
We provide care that balances independence with assistance and we deliver service with compassion, understanding and respect. With comfortable accommodations and an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here, partnering with you and your family, to customize solutions that support our residents’ needs as they evolve.
We understand your concerns for your loved one’s safety and well-being, and we understand the weight of the responsibility of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Let us help you and your loved one with our compassionate, specialized care.
Brookdale Bear Creek offers programs and safe environments for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe no matter where an individual is on life’s journey, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program, also called the Clare Bridge program, focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging, purpose and safety while seeking to preserve a sense of self.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path includes programs such as discussion groups as a mental workout and daily physical exercise such as dancing. The Daily Path gives each resident purpose and a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.”
Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts in Dementia Care and registered dieticians, our unique dining program promotes a positive and successful dining experience with the following features:
- Dementia-friendly menus
- Individualized dining assistance
- A supportive dining environment encourages familiarity and socialization
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. Through our unique memory care programs, we offer comfort from the struggles of dementia for you and your loved one with customized care to meet your loved one’s specific needs.
Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
Life takes many turns, especially as it relates to health. On those occasions it is reassuring to know you have access to specialized care on campus. Brookdale Bear Creek offers licensed and Medicare-certified skilled nursing care and speech, physical, occupational and restorative therapies with well-appointed private and semi-private accommodations.
Whether it’s a short-term respite visit while recovering from surgery or a long-term rehabilitation after a joint replacement, at Brookdale Bear Creek we have the services and care you need, when you need them. Our Skilled Nursing team provides nursing care and our Rehabilitation professionals offer physical, occupational and speech therapy to help patients enhance or regain their independence. Our Skilled Nursing team also provides wound care, diabetic care, respite care and hospice.
We partner with you and your family to create a care plan that honors your individual preferences and needs. We treat the whole person — mind, body and spirit — with compassion and attentive care. We also develop and maintain strong relationships with area hospitals and healthcare centers to promote seamless transitions and care for our residents.
Experience our unique blend of care, compassion and comfort
Let us help provide the care you or your loved one need with the amenities and services you want to live life as you choose. For more information about our services or to schedule a tour, complete the form on this page or call today.
Our small neighborhood community has walking paths winding through landscaped grounds and courtyards with seating areas, plus a fully-enclosed sun room. Our community offers several choices for spacious residences including studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments.
Each apartment in our Assisted Living neighborhood features wall-to-wall carpeting, kitchenettes with refrigerators and individually-controlled heating and air. All of our apartments offer large windows with mountain views or courtyard views, and small pets are always welcome at Bear Creek.
Our monthly calendar is filled with enriching activities for residents to enjoy such as bingo, chair yoga, art classes, and the book club. We also offer devotional services, shopping trips and outings to movies and other local attractions.
With downtown Colorado Springs just a short drive away, residents and their families can enjoy shopping, restaurants and local attractions such as the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum, the Fine Arts Center or even visit the Garden of the Gods Park with its unique geological formations.
While some services may vary with levels of care, our residents enjoy the following amenities and services:
- Outdoor, heated swimming pool with Jacuzzi spa
- Walking paths with landscaped grounds
- Outdoor courtyards
- Country kitchen for continental breakfast, snacks and beverages
- Enclosed sun room
- Arts and crafts room
- Spacious family room for social gatherings with fireplace
- Devotional services on-site
- Fitness room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Full-service beauty salon and barbershop
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Cultural, social, education and recreational activities and events
- Fitness Programs –Our innovative Brookdale “B-Fit” fitness program with classes like Tai chi, yoga, and dancing is designed with the latest research on senior fitness to provide a fun, holistic and engaging exercise experience.
- Personal Solutions – Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery of all of your personal care products.
- Pet-friendly community
Resort Lifestyle Services
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals. Our menu is crafted with the help of registered dieticians and culinary chefs who create choices for even the most discerning palates. Meals are served restaurant-style with wait staff, table linens, and music for an exceptional dining experience. We can accommodate special dietary preferences such as vegetarian or kosher meals as well as a medically prescribed diet. Our staff will create meals to accommodate your needs and requests.
- Rental program with no entrance fee or long-term financial commitments
- Continuum of care on property with lifestyles and services to meet changing healthcare needs
- Housekeeping services with flat linen service
- Laundry rooms with complimentary use of washers and dryers, plus personal laundry service for an additional fee
- Transportation services
- Campus security
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours a day
- Help with Daily Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved with personal tasks such as bathing or showering, hygiene, clothing selection and dressing or grooming.
- Incontinence Management – We offer bathroom scheduling, reminders and bathroom assistance.
- Mobility and Escort Service – To prevent falls, we offer our residents assistance in moving about their suites, and escorts to meals and activities.
- Dining Assistance – For those who need some extra help at mealtime, we offer personal assistance when needed.
- Ease of access – Our community is easily navigated by individuals using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Nursing Service – Nurses oversee the delivery of all health care services and wellness visits for our residents. Our nurses are on-call for your loved one 24 hours a day, seven days a week in our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation wing.
- Medication Management – Our staff monitors and administers all medications based on the proper dosage and frequency prescribed by each resident’s physician. We track the inventory of each medication and coordinate refills so you and your loved one can rest easy knowing that medications are being taken safely.
- Diabetes Management
- Monitoring and Tracking of Residents’ Health – As a service for our residents, and for their families and physicians, we monitor, record and report each resident’s weight, vital signs and behavior as well as any changes in their condition.
Live Independently with Care and Support You Need
Come see how our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care can give you or your loved one the ideal balance of independence and support you need when you need it. Call today to schedule a visit.