Formerly: Emeritus at Carlsbad
Carlsbad, CA 92008
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Memory Care
- Skilled Nursing
Retirement Living Community in Carlsbad, CA
Brookdale Carlsbad is a premier retirement community providing Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia care and Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing care.
Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard and lovely gardens, our community’s convenient location gives our families easy access to all that the area offers. Located just off of Interstate 5 and Highway 78, our residents and visiting families are just blocks from shopping and restaurants and less than two and a half miles from beautiful beaches and scenic views.
Residents of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) enjoy an active lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. From Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care to Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, transitioning between levels of care is simple. You or your loved one will have the security of knowing that a continuum of care options is available on one campus without the concern of selecting new services at a different location.
Our campus also includes the following accommodations and levels of care and lifestyle options:
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities. We balance assistance with independence, providing just the right amount care needed.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia care program where skilled associates provide residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities, encourage the use of their current skills and experience daily moments of success with a sense of purpose.
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation — Licensed and Medicare-approved, our community offers skilled nursing care supported by speech, physical and occupational therapies and other rehabilitation services. We also offer respite care and hospice.
At Brookdale Carlsbad, our residents enjoy a continuum of care community without the worry of buy-in fees or leases. Our month-to-month rental program includes most utilities, laundry services, housekeeping services, three meals per day, transportation services, and entertainment. We also offer a short-term respite stay option, enabling residents to stay just a short period of time to give their caregivers a much needed break or to simply take our community for a test drive.
The Westfield Shopping Center, Movie Max Theater, Sprouts, Vons Shopping Center and many other merchants can all be found within walking distance of our community and the famous Carlsbad Flower Fields, Outlet Mall and much more are a short drive away.
Brookdale Carlsbad offers spacious common areas for our residents and families to enjoy. Our restaurant-style dining room and private family dining room boast an amazing selection of chef-prepared meals and flexible meal times, while our Bistro café is always ready to welcome you with fresh coffee, juice and fruit.
Take a walk in one of our three beautiful courtyards or the walking path which follows the contour of our community while taking in the local, natural landscape and views. Inside, enjoy any one of our large community rooms such as the billiards room, country kitchen, tea rooms, activity rooms, living room or library. Please don’t forget to stop by our on-site salon for some pampering.
Fitness and wellness programs are an important part of our commitment to our residents’ experience at Carlsbad. Brookdale’s Optimum Life is a holistic initiative that balances six key dimensions of wellness – purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual – to help you live a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness and fulfillment.
Each day our associates create meaningful connections with residents, while providing exceptional service and care. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion. We are committed to providing a rewarding experience through our community that is purposefully designed and operated to provide an outstanding experience for our residents.
Learn More About Life at Brookdale Carlsbad
Experience our distinctive blend of hospitality, attentive service, and well-appointed amenities. Complete the online form for more information or call today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
We understand that a thinking about a move can feel a little overwhelming. We want you to know we are here to help as you consider your choices for care and services. As a Continuing Care Retirement Community, Brookdale Carlsbad offers residents an active lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. From Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care to Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, transitioning between levels of care is simple for you and your family.
There may come a time when you or your loved may need additional help with daily tasks. At Brookdale Carlsbad, we offer Assisted Living care so you’ll be prepared, if or when you need more assistance.
It all begins with a personal service assessment. We take the time to listen to our residents, so we can understand their needs; then we establish clinical, dining and program support that works for them in a meaningful way. We partner with our residents, recognizing their individual needs and preferences, and adjust services to meet their changing needs. So whether it’s a unique snack, the celebration of a favorite season or a lifelong interest, we value the privilege of knowing our residents and building relationships with them to create a truly personalized living experience.
With our exclusive personal service system, you can live your life the way you want with the right care at the right time, delivered by the right people. Through years of experience serving seniors, we have developed a process that allows us to customize personal care plans for our Assisted Living residents. Your customized care plan means you only pay for the services you need and want, giving you the flexibility to change your plan.
With a number of planned activities and award-winning programs, our residents have many appealing and entertaining options. We offer life enriching opportunities to engage our resident’s interests, passion and purpose.
Brookdale is committed to evidence-based programs, like our signature B-Fit exercise program as well as Brookdale Celebrates. Brookdale Celebrates combines inspired culinary and educational offerings that come together with themed experiences, special events and group activities spotlighting different cultures and cuisines.
We provide care that balances independence with assistance and delivers service with compassion, understanding and respect. With comfortable accommodations and an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here, partnering with you and your family, to customize solutions that support our residents’ needs as they evolve.
We understand your concerns for your loved one’s safety and well-being, and we understand the weight of the responsibility of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Let us help you and your loved one with our compassionate, specialized care.
Brookdale Carlsbad offers programs and safe environments for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe no matter where an individual is on life’s journey, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program, also called the Clare Bridge program, focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging, purpose and safety while seeking to preserve a sense of self. The Clare Bridge concept has evolved over the last 25 years through research and innovations in quality dementia care. Our experienced teams have cared for thousands of individuals with dementia and their families.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path includes programs such as discussion groups as a mental workout and daily physical exercise such as dancing. The Daily Path gives each resident purpose and a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.”
Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts in Dementia Care and registered dieticians, our unique dining program promotes a positive and successful dining experience with the following features:
- Dementia-friendly menus with selections that are easy to manage and familiar with dishes that promote balanced nutrition and well-being.
- Individualized dining assistance includes evaluating residents to determine the level of assistance needed to preserve their use of utensils as long as possible.
- The supportive dining environment encourages familiarity and socialization and offers personalized assistance during meals.
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia care. Through our unique memory care programs, we offer comfort from the struggles of dementia for you and your loved one with customized care to meet your loved one’s specific needs.
Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
Life takes many turns, especially as it relates to health. On those occasions it is reassuring to know you have access to specialized care right here on campus. Brookdale Carlsbad offers licensed and Medicare-certified skilled nursing care with well-appointed private and semi-private accommodations.
Whether it’s a short-term respite visit while recovering from surgery or a long-term rehabilitation after a joint replacement, at Brookdale Carlsbad we have the services and care you need, when you need them. Our Skilled Nursing team provides round the clock nursing care and our on-site rehabilitation professionals offer physical, occupational and speech therapy to help patients enhance or regain their independence. We also provide wound care, diabetic care, respite care and hospice.
We partner with you and your family to create a care plan that honors your individual preferences and needs. We treat the whole person — mind, body and spirit — with compassion and attentive care. We also develop and maintain strong relationships with area hospitals and healthcare centers to promote seamless transitions and care for our residents.
Providing the care you need and the services you want
Let us help provide the care you or a loved one need and amenities and services you want to live life as you choose. For more information about our services or to schedule a tour, complete the online form or call today.
Our beautiful garden community offers 90 Assisted Living residences, 24 apartments for Alzheimer’s and Dementia care and 45 beds in our highly-rated Medicare-rated skilled nursing neighborhood. We have several floor plans to choose from including studio, one-bedroom, two-bedrooms and companion suites.
Each apartment in our Assisted Living neighborhood features wall-to-wall carpeting, full bathrooms with sit-down-seating showers, kitchenettes with refrigerators and individual climate controls. All of our apartments offer large windows with views of one of our three courtyards, our beautifully landscaped front entrance or beautiful Manzanita-covered hills, plus small pets are always welcome.
Our monthly calendar is filled with enriching and spiritual activities for residents to enjoy such as bingo, Sudoku, Book Club, Poker Club, Bridge Club, trivia, popcorn and a movie, spelling bees and group fitness classes. We also offer devotions, church, bible study, shopping and field trips to movies, casinos, the opera, and even Disneyland.
Our residents enjoy the following amenities and services, though some may vary with the level of care.
- Walking paths and landscaped grounds
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Outdoor courtyards with shaded seating areas
- Library and computer room
- Arts and crafts room
- Bistro café
- Spacious family room for social gatherings with fireplace
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Beauty salon and barbershop
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Tea room
- Cultural, social, education and recreational activities and events
- Fitness Programs –Our innovative Brookdale “B-Fit” fitness program with classes like Tai chi, yoga, and dancing is designed with the latest research on senior fitness to provide a fun, holistic and engaging exercise experience.
- Personal Solutions – Our Brookdale Personal Solutions program makes life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep deliver for all of your personal care products.
- Pet-friendly community
Resort Lifestyle Services
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals. Our menu is crafted with the help of registered dieticians and culinary chefs who create choices for even the most discerning palates. Meals are served restaurant-style with wait staff, table linens, and music for an exceptional dining experience. We can accommodate special dietary preferences such as vegetarian or kosher meals as well as a medically prescribed diet. Our staff will create meals to accommodate your needs and requests.
- Rental program with no entrance fee or long-term financial commitments
- Continuum of care on property with lifestyles and services to meet changing healthcare needs
- Housekeeping services with flat linen service
- Laundry rooms with complimentary use of washers and dryers, plus personal laundry service for an additional fee
- Transportation services
- Campus security within the prestigious gated community of Rancho Sin Vacas
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours a day
- Help with Daily Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved with personal tasks such as bathing or showering, hygiene, clothing selection and dressing or grooming.
- Incontinence Management – We offer bathroom scheduling, reminders and bathroom assistance.
- Mobility and Escort Service – To prevent falls, we offer our residents assistance in moving about their suites, and escorts to meals and activities.
- Dining Assistance – For those who need some extra help at mealtime, we offer personal assistance when needed.
- Ease of access – Our community is easily navigated by individuals using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Nursing Service – Nurses oversee the delivery of all health care services and wellness visits for our residents. Our nurses are on-call for your loved one 24 hours a day, seven days a week in our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation wing.
- Medication Management – Our staff monitors and administers all medications based on the proper dosage and frequency prescribed by each resident’s physician. We track the inventory of each medication and coordinate refills so you and your loved one can rest easy knowing that medications are being taken safely.
- Diabetes Management
- Monitoring and Tracking of Residents’ Health – As a service for our residents, and for their families and physicians, we monitor, record and report each resident’s weight, vital signs and behavior as well as any changes in their condition.
Learn More About Our Engaging Lifestyle and Care Options
Come see how our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care can give you or your loved one the ideal balance of independence and support when needed. Call today to schedule a visit and let our family help your family.