Formerly: Emeritus at Carmel Valley
San Diego, CA 92130
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
Senior Retirement Living Community in San Diego, CA
Located on a quiet campus of landscaped grounds and gardens, Brookdale Carmel Valley is an exclusive senior living community with well-appointed accommodations, restaurant-style dining and opportunities to engage your interests, passion and purpose.
Residents of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) enjoy an active lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. From Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care to Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, transitioning between levels of care is simple. You or your loved one will have the security of knowing that a continuum of care options is available on one campus without the concern of selecting
new services at a different location.
Sophisticated Comfort and Individualized Care
Step into our light-filled lobby with stylish furnishings and elegant common areas. Our mission-style architecture with large arch ways and outdoor courtyards create a relaxing retreat with resort-style amenities and service. Enjoy restaurant-style dining in our dining room with chef-prepared menu options, or meet friends for coffee in the living room. Each day is filled with a selection of activities and clubs to share with friends and neighbors. Join one of our shopping trips to local stores and boutiques, take a beading class, listen to a poetry reading, or attend one of several weekly devotional services offered.
The heart of San Diego is a short drive away with its charming shops, local restaurants and attractions such as the Birch Aquarium at Scripps, the USS Midway Museum, the San Diego Zoo and our region’s famous beaches and waterfront. Our residents enjoy excursions that include the opera, theater, baseball games, horseracing and even occasional trips to the casino.
Our campus also includes the following accommodations and levels of care options:
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities. We balance assistance with independence, providing just the right amount care needed.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia care program where skilled associates provide residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and experience daily moments of success.
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation — Licensed and Medicare-approved, our community offers skilled nursing care supported by speech, physical and occupational therapies and other rehabilitation services.
Living an Optimum Life
Fitness and wellness programs are an important part of our commitment to our residents’ experience at Carmel Valley. Brookdale’s Optimum Life is a holistic initiative that balances six key dimensions of wellness – purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual – to help you live a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness and fulfillment.
Hospitality and wellness are also key components to living well at Brookdale Carmel Valley. With a number of planned activities and award-winning programs, our residents have many appealing and entertaining options. We offer life enriching opportunities to engage our resident’s interests, passion and purpose.
Brookdale is committed to evidence-based programs, like our signature B-Fit exercise program as well as Brookdale Celebrates. Brookdale Celebrates combines inspired culinary and educational offerings that come together with themed experiences, special events and group activities spotlighting different cultures and cuisines.
At Brookdale Carmel Valley, our associates serve our communities by creating meaningful connections with residents and providing exceptional service and care. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion.
Outstanding service, care and accommodations
Experience our distinctive blend of hospitality, attentive service, and well-appointed amenities. Complete
the online form for more information or call today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
As a Continuing Care Retirement Community, Brookdale Carmel Valley offers residents an active lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. From Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care to Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, transitioning between levels of care is simple.
There may come a time when you or your loved may need additional help with daily tasks. At Brookdale Carmel Valley, we offer Assisted Living care so you’ll be prepared, if or when you need more assistance.
It all begins with a personal service assessment. We take the time to listen to our residents, so we can understand their needs; then we establish clinical, dining and program support that works for them in a meaningful way. We partner with our residents, recognizing their individual needs and preferences, and adjust services to meet the
ir changing needs. So whether it’s a unique snack, the celebration of a favorite season or a lifelong interest, we value the privilege of knowing our residents and building relationships with them to create a truly personalized living experience.
Personalized Service System
With our exclusive personal service system, you can live your life the way you want with the right care at the right time, delivered by the right people. Through years of experience serving seniors, we have developed a process that allows us to customize personal care plans for our Assisted Living residents. Your customized care plan means you only pay for the services you need and want, giving you the flexibility to change your plan.
We provide care that balances independence with assistance and delivers service with compassion, unders
tanding and respect. With comfortable accommodations and an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here, partnering with you and your family, to customize solutions that support our residents’ needs as they evolve.
We understand your concerns for your loved one’s safety and well-being, and we understand the weight of the responsibility of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Let us help you and your loved one with our compassionate, specialized care.
Brookdale Carmel Valley offers programs and safe environments for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe no matter where an individual is on life’s journey, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program, also called
the Clare Bridge program, focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging, purpose and safety while seeking to preserve a sense of self.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path includes programs such as discussion groups as a mental workout and daily physical exercise such as dancing. The Daily Path gives each resident purpose and a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.”
Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts in Dementia Care and registered dieticians, our unique dining program promotes a positive and successful dining experience with the following features:
- Dementia-friendly menus with selections that are easy to manage
- Individualized dining assistance
- The supportive dining environment encourages familiarity and socialization
The Clare Bridge concept has evolved over the last 25 years through research and innovations in quality dementia care. Through our unique memory care programs, we offer comfort from the struggles of dementia for you and your loved one with customized care to meet your loved one’s specific needs. Our skilled associates provide compassionate and attentive dementia care, and enable residents to experience daily moments of success.
Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
Life takes many turns, especially as it relates to health. On those occasions it is reassuring to know you have access to specialized care right here on campus
Brookdale Carmel Valley offers licensed and Medicare-certified skilled nursing care with well-appointed private and semi-private accommodations.
Whether it’s a short-term respite visit while recovering from surgery or a long-term rehabilitation after a
joint replacement, at Brookdale Carmel Valley we have the services and care you need, when you need them. Our Skilled Nursing team provides round the clock nursing care and our on-site rehabilitation professionals offer physical, occupational and speech therapy to help patients enhance or regain their independence. We also provide wound care, diabetic care, respite care and hospice.
We partner with you and your family to create a care plan that honors your individual preferences and needs. We treat the whole person — mind, body and spirit — with compassion and attentive care. We also develop and maintain strong relationships with area hospitals and healthcare centers such as Scripps Clinic, Scripps Green, Sharp Memorial, and the VA Medical Center to promote seamless transitions and care for our residents.
Learn more about Brookdale Carmel Valley
Let us help provide the care you or a loved one need with the amenities and services you want to live life as you choose. For more information about our services or to schedule a tour, complete the form on this page or call today.
At Brookdale Carmel Valley, our inviting community provides the care and services you need, plus the amenities of a resort. We are located in quiet residential neighborhood, but with easy access to shopping, physicians’ offices, banking and restaurants. Our library has an extensive collection of books and periodicals and computers with Internet access.
We offer a selection of apartment floor plans, including a studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom options that vary with care levels. Our dining room with its impressive menu choices is both elegant and comfortable for an outstanding dining experience. Residents also enjoy our outdoor courtyard with its shaded seating areas and beautiful gardens.
While some services may vary with care levels, our residents enjoy the following amenities and services:
- Walking paths with landscaped grounds
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Recreation and activity room
- Library with computers and Internet access
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Full-service salon offering hairstyling, manicures, and facials
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Cultural, social, education and recreational activities and events
- Fitness Programs –Our innovative Brookdale “B-Fit” fitness program with classes like Tai chi, yoga, and dancing is designed with the latest research on senior fitness to provide a fun, holistic and engaging exercise experience.
- Optimum Life Health Talks – Brookdale nurses and therapists share the latest research and solutions for health and wellness topics of interest in an interactive format with a focus on holistic well-being and conventional medical treatments.
- Entertainment – Our residents gather for free movies, live music performances, and parties coordinated with Brookdale Celebrates, a program combining inspired culinary and educational offerings with themed experiences, special events and group activities that spotlight different cultures and cuisines.
- Personal Solutions – Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
- Pet-friendly community
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals. Our menu is crafted with the help of registered dieticians and culinary chefs who create choices for even the most discerning palates. Meals are served restaurant-style with wait staff, table linens, and music for an exceptional dining experience. If you have special dietary preferences, or a medically prescribed diet, our staff will create meals to accommodate your needs and requests.
- Rental program with no entrance fee or long-term financial commitments
- Continuum of care on property with lifestyles and services to meet changing healthcare needs
- Housekeeping services with flat linen service
- Laundry rooms with complimentary use of washers and dryers, plus personal laundry service for an additional fee
- Transportation services
- Campus security
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours a day
- Help with Daily Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved with personal tasks such as bathing or showering, hygiene, clothing selection and dressing or grooming.
- Incontinence Management – We offer bathroom scheduling, reminders and bathroom assistance.
- Mobility and Escort Service – To prevent falls, we offer our residents assistance in moving about their suites, and escorts to meals and activities.
- Dining Assistance – For those who need some extra help at mealtime, we offer personal assistance when needed.
- Ease of access – Our community is easily navigated by individuals using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Nursing Service – Nurses oversee the delivery of all health care services and wellness visits for our residents. Our nurses are on-call for your loved one 24 hours a day, seven days a week in our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation wing.
- Wellness clinic
- Medication Management – Our staff monitors and administers all medications based on the proper dosage and frequency prescribed by each resident’s physician. We track the inventory of each medicatio
n and coordinate refills so you and your loved one can rest easy knowing that medications are being taken safely.
- Diabetes Management
- Wound care
- Monitoring and Tracking of Residents’ Health – As a service for our residents, and for their families and physicians, we monitor, record and report each resident’s weight, vital signs and behavior as well as any changes in their condition.
Personalized Care with Upscale Community Amenities
See how our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care can give you the freedom to live life as you choose with the care and support you need when you need it. Call today to schedule a visit and let our family help your family.