Mooresville, NC 28117
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
Blended Retirement Living in Mooresville, NC
Brookdale Churchill provides exclusive Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care services for seniors. Located just 25 minutes north of Charlotte, North Carolina, and just two minutes from Interstate 77, our community is set on ten acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with 135 private apartments, a courtyard, lovely gardens, walking trails and a full range of services and amenities.
With a continuum of care located on one property, our loving family is designed to support seniors who have independent lifestyles and those needing assistance with daily activities. Residents have the security of knowing they can remain here without having to relocate and separate from their familiar surroundings and friendships, should their needs change over time. We can facilitate moves throughout our campus with very little interruption.
A Wonderfully Active Lifestyle
Churchill’s residence has a lovely restaurant-style dining room, wellness center, activity room, library, Internet cafe and ice cream parlor. There is also a gift shop, hair salon and a bistro offering so many engaging conveniences for each resident and their unique interests.
Our staff works hard to provide an active schedule of programs and activities both inside our community and with outings in and around the beautiful Lake Norman region. Residents can take an exercise class, play bridge, pinochle, poker, bingo or Wii bowling, enjoy a movie night and be a part of the garden or walking club. You can also join a day trip shopping at Northlake Mall as well as visits to local restaurants and area attractions.
We have many religious activities on-site in our chapel, including bible studies and religious services. On-site rehabilitation services and a dementia resource center provide added support for our residents and Lake Norman Regional Medical Center and Presbyterian Hospital are minutes away, if ever needed. Whatever your needs and interests, Brookdale Churchill is a premier retirement community, providing so many options.
Partnering with the Local Neighborhood Community
Churchill is proud to host and facilitate the area’s largest gathering of healthcare professionals each month for the South Iredell Healthcare Forum. This event brings 60+ healthcare providers into our community to share ideas on a continuum of care developments for our residents and the community at large.
The forum features an educational presentation by area physicians and other local healthcare experts. Our staff developed the Churchill Positive Aging Series which focuses monthly on one aging topic and is presented to our residents in a lively, fun and educational atmosphere. The general public is invited to attend both of these series.
Homestyle cooking and restaurant-style dining are served three times a day in our lovely group dining room. Residents can choose from a daily selection of entrees and our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician. We strive to satisfy each resident with delicious dietary choices, sensational service and always accommodate special restrictions and requests. Snacks and beverages are available 24-hours a day.
To help alleviate any confusion or added stress, we keep mealtimes very routine for our Memory Care community. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so that they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.
Learn More About Our Community
To experience Brookdale’s Churchill community and the exceptional services we offer, please give us a call or submit the online form on this page.
Levels of Care
As the population ages, more people are discovering senior living and the peace of mind we offer. Our community’s approach focuses on being a trusted partner and listening to your needs, understanding the life you want for yourself or a loved one and customizing a solution that puts that life within reach. After all, the Golden years should be enjoyable, and our community strives to make this possible.
Brookdale Churchill offers three levels of care:
- Independent Living promotes a rewarding lifestyle for independent seniors. We provide vacation-style amenities and programs, allowing you the freedom to live a more relaxed and comfortable lifestyle. We enable seniors to trade in the responsibilities of home maintenance for the sophisticated comfort of a well-deserved retirement, with activities and wellness opportunities in an engaging environment.
- Assisted Living is where residents receive personal assistance and support with the daily activities and services needed, such as medication management, meals, bathing and dressing, as well as daily living activities and amenities for housekeeping and linen services, transportation and recreations. Our individualized care plans provide an ideal blend of convenience and support, with respect for personal preferences.
- Memory Care was created over 25 years ago and continually embraces current research in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia. Associates help residents create daily moments of success, offering opportunities for them to experience a sense of purpose and meaning. A gently daily structure is provided to help maintain and encourage current skills.
More About Memory Care
Our Memory Care program offers a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self. Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for our staff members. All of our highly trained associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care for seniors with dementia.
An established set of protocols and techniques enables our team to intervene when challenging behaviors resulting from dementia arise. The whole-community philosophy is the key that empowers our staff to identify any unmet needs, and be a part of the solution.
Strong, Professional Relationships and Staff
Brookdale Churchill has always been a leader in our local healthcare region by facilitating and coordinating a number of professional leadership groups and speaker series for residents and their families. We take special interest in helping bring awareness, education and raising funds for Alzheimer’s disease by co-chairing and working on the planning committee for the Iredell County annual Alzheimer’s Walk.
Our residence is not only the premier retirement community for seniors in the Lake Norman area, it also is a highly desired workplace for area healthcare professionals. Churchill has become a leader in the region as the host and coordinator of several forums, workshops and other educational presentations and events for our residents, their families and the general public. All of our residents are greeted with warm sincere smiles each day and are lovingly attended to by a compassionate staff.
Learn More About of Levels of Care
We invite you to experience exceptional Independent and Assisted Living, as well as Memory Care at Brookdale Churchill. Please fill out the online form or give us a call to schedule a tour.
Our inviting community provides the care and services you need, plus the amenities of a resort. While the levels of care will vary with each resident, every effort is made to ensure a comfortable and supportive retirement lifestyle for our seniors.
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available
- Personal solutions
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around the clock
- Ongoing monitoring of resident’s health status
- Behavior tracking and management
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Linen services
- Three freshly-prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and falls management
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Ancillary services including pet care, in-room food service and errands
Apartment Styles and Features
- Shared two-bedroom
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window coverings
- Individually-controlled heating and air conditioning
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave and sink
- Telephone hookup
- Basic cable included
- Private bath including step-in shower and safetybars
- Walk-in shower
- Small pets welcome
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
- Fully sprinklered fire safety system
- Outdoor courtyard
- Outdoor walking paths
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Recreation and activity room
- Sitting rooms with fireplace
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Fully enclosed sunroom
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Ice cream parlor
- Beauty/barber shop
- Gift shop
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Located near shopping and fine dining
Learn More About our Services
For more information on our programs, amenities or our accommodations, please give us a call today.