Formerly: Emeritus at Danville
Danville, VA 24541
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Balancing Assistance with Independence
Brookdale Danville Stokesland is a premier senior living community just minutes from downtown historic Danville, Virginia and Highway 29. Our campus spans five acres in the Country Club West residential neighborhood conveniently located near shopping, banks, restaurants and physicians’ offices.
Residents and their families enjoy a valued location near local attractions such as Danville’s Riverwalk Trail and antique malls, plus history buffs enjoy Danville’s unique historic sites, including the Sutherlin Mansion and the Tank Museum.
Our community includes the following levels of care:
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities. We balance assistance with independence, providing just the right amount care needed.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program where skilled associates provide residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities, encourage the use of their current skills and experience daily moments of success with a sense of purpose.
At Brookdale Danville Stokesland, our residents enjoy attentive care and services without the worry of buy-in fees or leases. Our month-to-month rental program includes most utilities, laundry services, housekeeping services, daily meals, transportation services, and entertainment.
Attentive Care and Sophisticated Comfort
Brookdale Danville Stokesland offers inviting common areas for our residents and their families to enjoy. Our restaurant-style dining room and private family dining room boast a selection of chef-prepared meals and flexible meal times.
Stroll along our walking paths or step inside and enjoy one of several large community rooms such as our spacious living room with comfortable seating areas, our light-filled garden room and our library. Pamper yourself with styling services at our on-site beauty salon.
Fitness and wellness programs are an important part of our commitment to our residents’ experience at Brookdale Danville Stokesland.
Brookdale’s Optimum Life is a holistic initiative that balances six key dimensions of wellness — purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual — to help you live a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness and fulfillment.
Caring relationships live here every day. Our associates create meaningful connections with residents and their families, while providing exceptional service and care. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion.
Learn More About Our Community
Experience our distinctive blend of hospitality, attentive service, and well-appointed amenities. Complete the online form for more information or call today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
We understand that planning a move can feel a little overwhelming. We want you to know we are here to help as you consider your choices for care and services. With Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, we offer the care you need when you need it.
There may come a time when you or your loved may need additional help with daily tasks. At Brookdale Danville Stokesland, we offer Assisted Living care so you’ll be prepared, if or when you need more assistance.
It all begins with a personal service assessment. We take the time to listen to our residents, so we can understand their needs. Then, we establish clinical, dining and program support that works for them in a meaningful way. We partner with our residents, recognizing their individual needs and preferences, and adjust services to meet their changing needs.
So whether it’s a unique snack, the celebration of a favorite season or a lifelong interest, we value the privilege of knowing our residents and building relationships with them to create a truly personalized living experience.
With our exclusive personal service system, you can live your life the way you want with the right care at the right time, delivered by the right people.
Through years of experience serving seniors, we have developed a process that allows us to customize personal care plans for our Assisted Living residents. Your customized care plan means you only pay for the services you need and want, giving you the flexibility to change your plan.
With a number of planned activities and award-winning programs, our residents have many appealing and entertaining options. We offer life enriching opportunities to engage our resident’s interests, passion and purpose.
Brookdale is committed to evidence-based programs, like our signature B-Fit exercise program as well as Brookdale Celebrates. Brookdale Celebrates combines inspired culinary and educational offerings that come together with themed experiences, special events and group activities spotlighting different cultures and cuisines.
We provide care that balances independence with assistance and delivers service with compassion, understanding and respect. With comfortable accommodations and an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here, partnering with you and your family, to customize solutions that support our residents’ needs as they evolve.
We understand your concerns for your loved one’s safety and well-being, and we understand the weight of the responsibility of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Let us help you and your loved one with our compassionate, specialized care.
Brookdale Danville Stokesland offers programs and safe environments for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe no matter where an individual is on life’s journey, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program, also called the Clare Bridge program, focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging, purpose and safety while seeking to preserve a sense of self.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills.
The Daily Path includes programs such as discussion groups as a mental workout and daily physical exercise such as dancing. The Daily Path gives each resident purpose and a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.”
Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts in Dementia Care and registered dieticians, our unique dining program promotes a positive and successful dining experience with the following features:
- Dementia-friendly menus with selections that are easy to manage and familiar
- Individualized dining assistance
- A supportive dining environment that encourages familiarity and socialization
Through our unique memory care programs developed over the last 25 years, we offer comfort from the struggles of dementia for you and your loved one with innovative and customized care to meet your loved one’s personal needs.
Partnering With You and Your Family
Let us help provide the care you or a loved one need and amenities and services you want to live life as you choose. For more information about our services or to schedule a tour, complete the online form or call today.
Our quaint community offers several floor plan choices, including studio, shared studio and private suite options. Each residence features wall-to-wall carpeting, window coverings, individually-controlled heating and air and basic cable.
Our apartments offer large windows and many have scenic views of one of our courtyards and beautifully-landscaped grounds, plus small pets are always welcome.
Our monthly calendar is filled with enriching activities for residents to enjoy such as bingo, Scrabble, Uno card games, magazine scavenger hunts, Karaoke, lunch outings and group fitness classes. We also offer devotion services, bible study, shopping and field trips to movies.
Our residents enjoy the following amenities and services, though some may vary with the level of care:
- Walking paths and landscaped grounds
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Outdoor courtyards with shaded seating areas
- Library and computer room
- Recreation and activity room
- Spacious family room for social gatherings with a fireplace in our lobby area
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Beauty salon and barbershop
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Cultural, social, education and recreational activities and events
- Fitness Programs — Our innovative Brookdale “B-Fit” fitness program with classes like Tai chi, yoga, and dancing is designed with the latest research on senior fitness to provide a fun, holistic and engaging exercise experience.
- Personal Solutions — Our Brookdale Personal Solutions program makes life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep deliver for all of your personal care products.
- Pet-friendly community
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals. Our menu is crafted with the help of registered dieticians and culinary chefs who create choices for even the most discerning palates. Meals are served restaurant-style with wait staff, table linens, and music for an exceptional dining experience. We can accommodate special dietary preferences such as vegetarian or kosher meals as well as a medically prescribed diet. Our staff will create meals to accommodate your needs and requests.
- Rental program with no entrance fee or long-term financial commitments
- Housekeeping services
- Laundry service and linen service
- Laundry rooms with complimentary use of washers and dryers, plus personal laundry service for an additional fee
- Transportation services
- Campus security
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours a day
- Short-term stays available
- Help with Daily Tasks — Our staff can assist your loved with personal tasks such as bathing or showering, hygiene, clothing selection and dressing or grooming.
- Incontinence Management — We offer bathroom scheduling, reminders and bathroom assistance.
- Mobility and Escort Service — To prevent falls, we offer our residents assistance in moving about their suites, and escorts to meals and activities.
- Dining Assistance — For those who need some extra help at mealtime, we offer personal assistance when needed.
- Ease of access — Our community is easily navigated by individuals using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Medication Management — Our staff monitors and administers all medications based on the proper dosage and frequency prescribed by each resident’s physician. We track the inventory of each medication and coordinate refills so you and your loved one can rest easy knowing that medications are being taken safely.
- Diabetes Management
- Wound care
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care available
- Monitoring and Tracking of Residents’ Health — As a service for our residents, and for their families and physicians, we monitor, record and report each resident’s weight, vital signs and behavior as well as any changes in their condition.
Learn More About Our Impressive Ameneties
Come see how our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care can give you or your loved one the ideal balance of independence and support when needed. Call today to schedule a visit.