Formerly: Emeritus at Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Centrally Located Senior Living Community
Brookdale Fort Wayne is a senior living community that offers Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and dementia care in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We are located in the northeast section of Fort Wayne which is close to many surrounding communities. This makes it a great central location for those families or friends who want to stop in and visit on their way between home and work.
From the white picket fence to our beautiful enclosed courtyard, our residents enjoy living in this warm, home-like environment. One of the many draws of our location is that it’s close to shopping, dining and country excursions — making it easy for seniors to get out and enjoy the local community.
Because we offer two levels of care, we have the resources in place to adjust to your changing care needs. With both Assisted Living and Memory Care, we treat residents with the respect they deserve. Here’s a little about each care level:
- Assisted Living — We provide you with just the right amount of support, as you need it, in order to make your life healthier and easier. But our staff’s aim is to allow you as much independence as possible.
- Memory Care — We utilize a state-of-the-art program, the Clare Bridge Concept, which has years of experience providing successful care to those with forms of Dementia. Our trained staff delivers attentive care with a focus of allowing residents to enjoy meaningful experiences, daily moments of success and working to retain mental functions.
Life at Brookdale Fort Wayne
Our community has 63 senior apartments all on one level for easy access to our residents and common areas. We have three different sizes and styles of apartments to choose from: a cost-effective and cozy studio option, the more mid-size alcove style, or the more spacious and open suite. All of our apartment choices have their own private bathrooms with walk-in showers.
Variety of Activities
At Brookdale Fort Wayne, we value our residents’ opinions and we rely on their feedback to plan activities that they enjoy. Each day is filled with various life-enriching activities that encourage socialization, physical exercise, creativity and mental, spiritual and emotional well-being. Our residents also enjoy a variety of live entertainment and outdoor excursions with the security of knowing care is available if they need it.
We also encourage our residents to participate in our exercise programs, and join others for cards, board games, and trivia games. During the fall and winter holidays, Brookdale Fort Wayne holds trick-or-treating for the kids, a traditional family-style Thanksgiving meal, and a Christmas party for the residents.
We serve our residents three delicious meals each day. Every meal includes a salad of choice, a selection of entrees, and dessert. Meals are served on fine china in a restaurant-style atmosphere so our residents can enjoy good food, good friends, and memorable experiences. Our residents may also select alternative meal options if desired.
A Community That Has it All
Whether sharing a meal with friends in the dining room, relaxing with a good book in the library, playing games in the activity room, or gazing under the stars in the courtyard; our residents and their families and friends have the opportunity to socialize or take time for themselves. Each day at Brookdale Fort Wayne is about living life to the fullest and letting us take care of the other stuff.
Give Us a Call Today
We are certain that you will love living at Brookdale Fort Wayne. But if you have any questions, we’d love to answer them. Call us or submit the online form to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
At Brookdale Fort Wayne, we can provide you with two different levels of care depending on your needs — Assisted Living and Memory Care. Here’s a little bit about our goals, aims and structure for our two care programs:
Adult Residential Care
With many years dedicated to serving seniors, we are able to provide an Assisted Living program that creates a balance between your desire for independence and any assistance you may need accomplishing daily tasks.
Sometimes you may need a little extra support during the day, perhaps for bathing, taking medication or getting dressed. Most people do at some point. But you still want to enjoy some independence. Well, our Assisted Living program is just for you.
We start with a Personal Service Assessment. We sit down with you to listen to you and understand the type of support you may need. You are an individual, and you deserve to have a care plan that reflects your individual needs.
So we work with you to create a customized plan that allows you to have the maximum level of independence while still remaining healthy and safe. If you need assistance for certain tasks, our staff will deliver that support with compassion, understanding and respect.
There are many things that go into providing good, quality Memory Care — a safe and secure environment, programs that encourage mental stimulation, loving staff that treats residents with respect and dignity. Just to name a few.
We have all of that here at Brookdale Fort Wayne. We provide a well-rounded, person-centered approach to Memory Care. It doesn’t matter where a person is in life, everyone deserves to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day. This is something we take to heart at our community. And it’s a philosophy that we implement daily because our residents deserve it.
We offer a gentle daily structure (seven days per week) for residents where they get to enjoy programs, at least six per day, that are designed to maintain the resident’s abilities and to encourage the use of their current skills.
For example, one of our residents may enjoy an exciting discussion or brain-stimulating game as part of the “Morning Mental Workout.” Or a resident may take part in a group exercise or fun dancing activity as part of the “Daily Physical Activity.”
We also offer a specific dining program that helps residents enjoy and master the dining experience. Dementia-friendly menus are developed that help prevent weight-loss and include foods that are familiar to residents and easy to manage. Also, our staff will evaluate each resident individually and determine the level of support needed during the dining experience. But our goal is to encourage the use of utensils as long as possible.
Learn More About Our Approach to Care
If you are interested in learning more about our community, please give us a call or schedule a tour. We would be happy to answer any questions you have.
Brookdale Fort Wayne is a community with a lot to offer. From being pet-friendly to luxurious apartments to fine dining, we have amenities and services that make your stay very comfortable. Check out what you’d get to enjoy:
- Specially designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
- Fully equipped fire safety and sprinkler systems
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyard with walking paths
- Outdoor walking paths
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Recreation and activity room
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Full-service salon offering hairstyling, manicures and pedicures
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Located near shopping and fine dining
- Convenient to public transportation
- Nondenominational church services
- Bible studies
- Catholic Rosary weekly
- Catholic Mass monthly
- Companion suite
- One-bedroom suite
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window coverings
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Telephone hookup
- Basic cable included
- Private bath including step-in shower and safety bars
- Small pets welcome
Expert Medical Services
- Licensed nurse on-call 24 hours a day
- Ongoing monitoring of resident’s health status
- Behavior tracking and management
- Diabetic care
- Short-term stay options available
- Incontenence care/ management
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and fall management
- Respite care available
- Hospice care available
- Coordination of hospice care available
- Ongoing dementia training and support for staff
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Personal Service Plan
- Medication administration
- Personal care assistance available around the clock
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Personal check-ins throughout the day
- Ambulation and escort services
Resort Lifestyle Services
- Housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Linen services
- Three freshly prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service available
- Daily programs, outings or events
- Specially designed exercise and fitness programs
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
Start Your Senior Living Experience Now
Don’t wait to become one of our residents. Give us a call today!