Formerly: Emeritus at Gainesville
Gainesville, FL 32607
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Gainesville, Florida
Brookdale Gainesville Southwest offers a beautiful Assisted Living and Memory Care community for seniors. With a continuum of care, our loving family is designed to support those needing some assistance with daily activities and others who have Alzheimer’s or dementia.
Residents have the security of knowing they can remain here, in their home, without having to relocate and separate from their familiar surroundings and friendships, should their needs change over time.
Our location is close enough to the University of Florida to feel part of the Gator Nation, yet far enough away to enjoy a quiet, pleasant environment. Brookdale is just five minutes off I-75 and convenient to shopping and entertainment venues, hospitals, doctor offices, restaurants, movie theatres and parks, offering so many options for our residents.
A Beautiful Place to Call Home
A family-friendly atmosphere feels like home the moment you walk through our doors. Spacious apartments in a variety of sizes are available, and all are on one level for easy access. We encourage our residents to personalize their rooms to the individual style they desire, maintaining their unique comforts of home.
Residents and their families can socialize in the many tastefully decorated common areas located throughout our community. Relax under the gazebo in our courtyard, sit with friends in the dining room or read a book in our quiet living room. The choice is yours. An array of social, educational and cultural programs encourages each resident to renew their old interests and explore new ones with friends and neighbors.
Optimum Life is a bold initiative that defines the way we live. By balancing six key dimensions of wellness with purpose, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual fulfillment, Optimum Life helps you live at your peak level within a lifestyle that promotes health and wholeness. Intended as a journey of self- examination and discovery, it includes services, features and benefits that allow each resident to reach these goals, regardless of real or perceived limitations.
Pet Friendly Community
We have witnessed first-hand the wide range of physical and emotional benefits that pets have provided for our residents. Not only do they offer companionship, they can also lower the risk for heart disease and help ease any feelings of stress, depression or loneliness.
Substantial investments in our culinary program and staffing, allow us to provide mealtime experiences that set our communities apart from the competition. From a Culinary Arts Training Program for chefs, to our select seasonings and bakery options, Brookdale has created one of the industry’s leading dining services. Our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician.
Three restaurant-style meals are served each day in the group dining room and snacks are provided throughout the day. We continue to meet the nutritional needs of residents with dining choices that offer satisfying entrees while supporting their health and well-being. Each meal offers a selection of delicious choices, sensational service and we always accommodate special restrictions and requests.
To help alleviate any confusion or added stress, we keep mealtimes very routine for our Memory Care community. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.
Learn More About Our Community
To experience Brookdale Gainesville Southwest and the services we provide, please give us a call or submit the online form on this page. We would love to show you our home!
Levels of Care
As the population ages, more people are discovering assisted senior living and the peace of mind we offer. Our community’s approach focuses on being a trusted partner and listening to your needs, understanding the life you want for yourself or a loved one, and customizing a solution that puts that life within reach.
Brookdale Gainesville Southwest offers two levels of care:
- Assisted Living is where residents receive personal assistance and support with daily activities and services needed, such as medication management, meals, bathing and dressing, as well as amenities for housekeeping and linen services, transportation and recreations. Our individualized care plans provide an ideal blend of convenience and support, with respect for personal preferences.
- Memory Care was created over 25 years ago and continually embraces current research in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia. Associates help residents create daily moments of success, offering opportunities for them to experience a sense of purpose and meaning. A gently daily structure is provided to help maintain and encourage current skills.
More About Memory Care
Memory Care at Brookdale offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self. Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for our staff members. All of our highly trained associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care for seniors with dementia.
An established set of protocols and techniques enables our team to intervene when challenging behaviors resulting from dementia arise. Our whole-community philosophy is the key that empowers our staff to identify any unmet needs and be a part of the solution.
Strong Professional Relationships and Loving Staff
Residents can feel safe knowing some of the state’s best medical facilities are all within an easy drive. We nurture strong relationships with area hospitals, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers allowing us to provide a seamless continuum of care for our residents. All of the services we provide are customized to personal and unique needs by creating a way of life that enriches the lives of others through compassion, respect, excellence and integrity.
Brookdale’s family values set us apart from any other senior living community. We are selective when choosing staff to join our team and serve our residents. Only those with a caring heart and experience in working with seniors are accepted into our family. We are proud of the longevity of qualified and nurturing caregivers, medical assistants and executive management, and our personalized approach encourages each person to continue to live as they please, with the added support our staff delivers.
Partnering with the Local Community
We work very closely with local businesses and healthcare providers doing community outreach, fundraisers and educational seminars, and are proud to be part of the Gainesville community. Brookdale hosts many free educational seminars and fun events, and we sponsor an Alzheimer’s support group each month.
Learn More About our Levels of Care
We invite you to experience the exceptional Assisted Living and Memory Care services we offer . Please fill out the online form or give us a call to schedule a tour.
The Gainesville Southwest’s inviting community provides the care and services you desire, plus the amenities of a resort. While the levels of needs will vary, each resident receives a customized care plan that is tailored to meet their personal preferences, ensuring a comfortable and supportive retirement for our seniors.
- Outdoor courtyard
- Outdoor walking paths
- Outdoor gardening areas
- Recreation and activity room
- Library with computers and Internet access
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Family room
- Ice cream parlor
- Full-service salon offering hair styling, manicures, facials and more
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Located near shopping and fine dining
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available, 24-hours a day
- Personal solutions
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around-the-clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Behavior tracking and management
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Linen services
- Three freshly-prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and falls management
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Ancillary services including pet care, in-room food service and errands
Apartment Styles and Features
- Private suite
- Private deluxe suite
- Companion suite
- One-bedroom apartment
- Window coverings
- Individually-controlled heating and air conditioning
- Telephone hookup
- Basic cable included
- Private bath including step-in shower and safety bars
- Patio for outdoor living space
- Small pets welcome
Learn More About our Services
For more information on our programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.