Formerly: Emeritus at Harden Ranch
Salinas, CA 93906
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Salinas, CA
Brookdale Salinas is an Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and dementia care community for seniors. With a continuum of care, our loving family is designed to support those needing assistance with daily activities, and for those with some form of memory loss.
Residents have the security of knowing they can remain here, in their home, without having to relocate and separate from their familiar surroundings and friendships, should their needs change over time.
We are conveniently located just off N. Main Street, close to Route 101 and Route 1, which is the major highway that runs along the California coast. The Northridge Shopping Center is just minutes from our community and offers many large stores as well as many terrific restaurants. Several hospitals are also close by including Salinas Valley Memorial and Natividad Medical Center. The Monterey Peninsula with its many attractions, is an easy half-hour drive south.
An Active and Engaging Lifestyle
Brookdale loves to keep our residents active and works hard to plan exciting adventures each week. Salinas is the location for one of the biggest rodeos in the country, and we never miss the week-long festivities which include musical events, parades, fireworks, a carnival and much more. In addition, we have day excursions to Monterey frequently visiting the Aquarium, the Steinbeck Center and Monterey Beach.
Residents especially enjoy strolling along the Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf, as well as the dramatic coastline of Carmel, for its Bach concerts and sunset strolls along the beach. Our vibrant retirement community is always full of recreational activities based on each persons unique and individual desires and passions.
Private Residences and Areas for Socializing
A family-friendly atmosphere feels like home the moment you walk through our doors. With 35 studio, one-bedroom and one-bedroom premium suites for our Assisted Living residents and 34 studios in our Memory Care community, we offer a wide variety of options to accommodate different budget needs. All apartments have large private baths, a kitchenette, wall-to-wall carpeting and individually controlled heat and air conditioning.
Our secured memory care community neighborhood is separate from our Assisted Living apartments, but both features large living areas, dining rooms, a private dining room and a large outdoor garden with many pathways.
Everyone shares a beautiful rose garden where we hold family barbeques and where residents can tend to their own vegetable garden. Our own beauty salon is open four days a week and provides hair styling services, as well as pedicures and manicures.
Substantial investments in our culinary program and staffing, allow us to provide mealtime experiences that set our communities apart from the competition. From our Culinary Arts Training for chefs, to our select seasonings and bakery options, Brookdale has created one of the industry’s leading dining services. Our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician.
Three restaurant-style meals are served each day in the group dining room and snacks are provided throughout the day. We continue to meet the nutritional needs of residents with dining choices that offer satisfying entrees while meeting dietary requirements. Each meal offers a selection of delicious choices, sensational service and we always accommodate special restrictions and requests.
To help alleviate any confusion or added stress, we keep mealtimes very routine for our Memory Care community. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.
Learn More About Our Community
To experience Brookdale Salinas and the services we provide, please give us a call or submit the online form on this page. We would love to show you our community!
Levels of Care
As the population ages, more people are discovering assisted senior living and the peace of mind we offer. Our community’s approach focuses on being a trusted partner and listening to your needs, understanding the life you want for yourself or a loved one and customizing a solution that puts that life within reach.
Brookdale Salinas offers two levels of care:
- Assisted Living is where residents receive personal assistance and support with the daily activities and services needed, such as medication management, meals, bathing and dressing, as well as daily living activities and amenities for housekeeping and linen services, transportation and recreations. Our individualized care plans provide an ideal blend of convenience and support, with respect for personal preferences.
- Memory Care was created over 25 years ago and continually embraces current research in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia. Associates help residents create daily moments of success, offering opportunities for them to experience a sense of purpose and meaning. A gently daily structure is provided to help maintain and encourage current skills.
More About Memory Care
Memory Care at Brookdale offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self. Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for our staff members. All of our highly trained associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care for seniors with dementia.
An established set of protocols and techniques enables our team to intervene when challenging behaviors resulting from dementia arise. The whole-community philosophy is the key that empowers our staff to identify any unmet needs and be a part of the solution.
Our Qualified and Loving Staff
All of our employees take their responsibilities very seriously and become closely involved in the lives of our residents. Each person is treated with dignity and respect and they show honest concern and do whatever they can to make the individual feel comfortable. For our 35 staff members, working at Brookdale Salinas isn’t just a job, it’s their calling, and with that calling comes sincere passion and compassion for the people we serve.
Partnering with the Local Neighborhood Community
Brookdale Salinas actively partners with an organization called CARE (Community Awareness Related to the Elderly) and provides a variety of speakers for CARE events. We sometimes have a physician talking about the Alzheimer’s disease process or we might bring in a speaker to address taking care of the caregiver. We also work closely with the local Alzheimer’s Association and participate in its Memory Walk to raise money for the organization.
Learn More About our Levels of Care
We invite you to experience exceptional Assisted Living and Memory Care services at Brookdale. Please fill out the online form or give us a call to schedule a tour.
Our inviting community provides the care and services you desire, plus the amenities of a resort. While the levels of care and needs will vary, each resident receives a customized care plan that is tailored to meet their personal preferences, ensuring a comfortable and supportive retirement for our seniors.
- Outdoor courtyard
- Outdoor walking paths
- Outdoor gardening areas
- Recreation and activity room
- Library with computers and Internet access
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Family room
- Beauty and barber shop
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Located near shopping and fine dining
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available, 24-hours a day
- Personal solutions
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around the clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Behavior tracking and management
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Linen services
- Three freshly-prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and falls management
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Ancillary services including pet care, in-room food service and errands
Apartment Styles and Features
- One bedroom
- Companion suite
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window coverings
- Individually-controlled heating and air conditioning
- Telephone hookup
- Basic cable included
- Private bath including step-in shower and safetybars
- Walk-in shower
- Screened-in porch for outdoor living space
- Patio for outdoor living space
- Small pets welcome
Learn More About our Amenities
For more information on our programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.