Formerly: Emeritus at Hemet
Hemet, CA 92543
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Premier Senior Living Community in Hemet, CA
Brookdale Hemet is an exceptional southern California senior living community that provides Assisted Living and Memory Care. We serve seniors and their families from Hemet, San Jacinto, Green Acres, Valle Vista, Winchester, Menifee, and other nearby towns and neighborhoods in the San Jacinto Valley.
Our campus is nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood near the intersection of Palm Avenue and West Stetson Avenue not far from Highways 74 and 79 in the heart of Hemet. Our town is 45 minutes southeast of Riverside and 45 minutes southwest of Palm Springs.
Locally, we are close to variety of shops, a Walmart, restaurants, banks, senior centers, the Hemet Museum, the Western Science Center, and parks including Weston Park and Gibbel Park. We also enjoy the security of having the Hemet Regional Medical Center nearby, and the Loma Linda Hospital, just 30 minutes away in Menifee.
We offer two categories of care:
- Assisted Living
This lifestyle option is for seniors who need a little help with mobility and daily tasks from trained caregivers while enjoying the convenience of resort services and the privacy of their own apartment. Assisted Living offers residents the specific type of personalized aid they need to make their lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Our state-of-the-art Clare Bridge Program employs the latest research as well as the knowledge base and experience of Brookdale, the largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in the nation. Our programs can help your loved one maintain their mental functions and enjoy the satisfaction and dignity of daily moments of success.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
The senior in your life doesn’t have to choose between independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Hemet is a community of apartment homes where they can have both — the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
Living With a Family of Friends
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets and talk for hours. At Brookdale Hemet, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
The Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents, “adopt” them as our grandparents, and enrich their lives every day.
Discover How We Bring New Life to Senior Living
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Call us today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
At Brookdale Hemet, we assist our residents in body and mind with two care options:
We Learn Resident Personalities
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, cognitive abilities, and particular likes and dislikes.
We Tailor Individualized Plans
Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks — Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Home Healthcare Services Arranged In-House
- In-House Physician and Exam Room
- Visiting Dentist, Podiatrist, Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care.
We Have Care in Mind
In addition to aiding seniors with physical challenges, our senior living community also offers care for residents impaired by symptoms of early, middle, or late stages of Alzheimer’s or Dementia, utilizing the latest research, technology and treatment programs. Your loved one’s distress can be alleviated by the unique features of our Memory Care program.
The Clare Bridge Program
Although the Clare Bridge program has established more than a quarter-century of success, it continues to evolve by incorporating the latest research for the care of thousands of Brookdale residents across the country who are overcoming symptoms of dementia.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path
In small “Cluster Groups” each resident is surrounded by others with the same cognitive abilities, to give them a feeling of fitting in. They participate in easy Daily Path activities that foster everyday successes and build feelings of accomplishment and competence.
We select a minimum of six activities per day, tailored to match each resident’s previous life interests, and scheduled to give our residents a gentle daily structure, seven days a week, in a routine that gives them a sense of security.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was designed by a team of Alzheimer’s Care professionals, including a gerontologist specializing in dementia care, a chef, and a registered dietician. It offers:
- Dementia-Friendly Menus
- Small Dining Rooms with Consistent Pre-Selected Seating
- Personal Dining Assistance
Learn More About Our Memory Care
Find out more about the personalized care we offer for both body and mind. Call us today to schedule a tour.
Our services, group activities, and campus features provide enjoyment, comfort, and convenience to residents throughout every section of our community.
- Weekly Housekeeping and Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- On-Site Salon
- Transportation — including to church services
- Brookdale Personal Solutions — Convenient direct-to-doorstep delivery of all of your personal care products.
- Optional Concierge Services — such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service.
Activities for Optimum Life
Brookdale offers a new way to grow older. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness: Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, and Intellectual.
To accommodate the range of resident ages and abilities in our Assisted Living and Memory Care communities, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy. Activities at Brookdale Hemet include:
- Group Outings — Our residents join each week to visit the restaurants, shops, museums, theaters, and parks located here in Hemet, including a local amphitheater production of “The Ramona Pageant”, the longest running outdoor play since 1923. We also enjoy ventures to Diamond Valley Lake, Palm Springs for the Palm Springs Follies, or a performance at the Fox Theater in Riverside. And since we are only one hour away from the beach, we occasionally make a day trip to the Pacific coast.
- A Full Calendar of Parties — We host monthly parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or eras of history. In addition, we enjoy movie nights, dances, barbeques, and themed parties for every holiday.
- Life Enrichment Activities — We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a variety of cultural events, interesting topical seminars, and charity projects.
- Bingo, Board Games, and Card Games
- Book Club
- Knit & Crochet Club
- Fitness Programs — customized to accommodate each resident’s abilities.
- Beach Ball Bounce
- Wii Bowling
- Tai Chi
- Bedazzling Bead Club
- Optimum Life Health Talks
When you visit Brookdale Hemet you will see:
Residential-Style Design and Décor
Brookdale Hemet offers an entirely different architectural layout than most Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. On our five acres, residents live in one of six cottages, each with 15 apartments. Four cottages are reserved for our Assisted Living residents and the remaining two cottages are devoted to Memory Care.
Each cottage is much like a home where residents eat together in the cottage dining room. The main cottage kitchen is fully equipped with a well-stocked refrigerator, stove, oven, sink and cabinets and is perfect for residents who enjoy cooking occasionally. And just like home, residents have a cottage living area with a fireplace, sofas, and comfy chairs.
The common areas of our living and dining rooms are designed as home-like settings that recreate environments our residents have been accustomed to all their lives. This familiarity is comforting for seniors with memory loss.
Interior Design That Aids Memory Care
Our campus offers features that aid orientation for memory care residents.
Convenience and Lifestyle Features
Your loved one can enjoy all the comforts of home in our pet-friendly community with features that enable a lifestyle of ease, including:
- Living Room with Fireplace
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Porches with Cushioned Rocking Chairs
- Patios with Tables and Seating
- Gazebos on Landscaped Grounds
- Putting Green
- Walking Paths
- Country Kitchen – Provided for convenient food warm-up or light cooking for residents, their aides or family members
- Laundry Room – In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of a convenient laundry room for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- A Pet-Friendly Environment
- Safety Features
- Alarms on All Exterior Doors
- Emergency Response System in each Apartment
- A State of the Art Fire Safety System
Apartment Home Features
Brookdale Hemet offers private or shared studios or suites, and one-bedroom apartments with features that include:
- Kitchenette with sink, refrigerator, and microwave
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Walk-in shower with safety bars
- Utilities paid (except phone)
- Small pets welcome
Come Home for a Visit
Come see your home at Brookdale Hemet, where comfort and care live here every day. Call us today to schedule a tour.