Formerly: Emeritus at Lake Pointe
Hartwell, GA 30643
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Hartwell, Georgia
Brookdale Hartwell offers a beautiful Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and dementia care community for seniors. Our loving family redefines life for residents, respecting their individuality, and allowing them to live life more meaningfully. We offer all of the amenities of home, without any of the maintenance or work.
With a continuum of care, residents have the security of knowing they can remain here, in their home, without having to relocate and separate from their familiar surroundings and friendships, should their needs change over time. Everyone who comes into Hartwell comments on the warm and comforting feeling they experience as soon as entering our front door.
A Wonderful Place to Call Home
Cheerful smiles from our caring, professional staff greet you everyday, and our peaceful setting creates a wonderful living environment for residents. With many planned activities and dining services, there are numerous opportunities to make new friends, right here in your home.
We offer 34 apartments in a variety of styles and many tastefully decorated common areas to socialize with neighbors and family. Every unit has a personal bathroom and living area, and we provide personal pendants for the residents to use in the event of an emergency, but also as a hospitality convenience. For safety purposes, there are pull cords provided in the bathrooms that also act as emergency or assistance alerts.
An Active and Engaging Lifestyle
An array of social, educational and cultural programs encourages residents to rekindle their past interests and explore new ones with friends. Brookdale offers many planned activities each week and loves taking our seniors for day excursions such as visits to Hart State Park, Hartwell Lake, and shopping at our local stores. All activities are created around the passions, hobbies and talents of each resident.
We have socials, spiritual events and cognitive and motivational activities such as Maintain Your Brain, which is a six week course focusing on the five major brain functions. Regular holiday events include the Snowball Dance, Senior Prom Dance, an Annual Picnic on the Lake and Easter Egg Hunt.
Substantial investments in our culinary program and staffing, allow us to provide mealtime experiences that set our communities apart from the competition. From Culinary Arts Training for chefs, to select seasonings and bakery options, Brookdale has created one of the industry’s leading dining services. Our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician.
Three restaurant-style meals are served each day in the group dining room and snacks are provided throughout the day. We continue to meet the nutritional needs of residents with dining choices that promote their health and well-being. Each meal offers a selection of delicious choices, sensational service and we always accommodate special restrictions and requests.
To help alleviate any confusion or added stress, we keep mealtimes very routine for our Memory Care community. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.
Learn More About Our Community
To experience Brookdale Hartwell and the services we provide, please give us a call or submit the online form on this page. We would love to show you our home!
Levels of Care
As the population ages, more people are discovering senior Assisted Living and the peace of mind we offer. Our community’s approach focuses on being a trusted partner and listening to your needs, understanding the life you want for yourself or a loved one and customizing a solution that puts that life within reach.
Brookdale Hartwell offers two levels of care:
- Assisted Living provides personal assistance and support with daily activities and services needed, such as medication management, meals, bathing and dressing, as well as amenities for housekeeping and linen services, transportation and recreations. Our individualized care plans provide an ideal blend of convenience and support, with respect for personal preferences.
- Memory Care was created over 25 years ago and continually embraces current research in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia. Associates help residents create daily moments of success, offering opportunities for them to experience a sense of purpose and meaning. A gently daily structure is provided to help maintain and encourage current skills.
More About Memory Care
Memory Care at Brookdale offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self. Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for our staff members. All of our highly trained associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care for seniors with dementia.
An established set of protocols and techniques enables our team to intervene when challenging behaviors resulting from dementia arise. Our whole-community philosophy is the key that empowers our staff to identify any unmet needs and be a part of the solution.
Strong, Professional Relationships and Loving Staff
Brookdale is well known in our small town. Most of the doctors in our area visit on a regular basis to either check on a resident or just to have lunch. We have excellent relationships with local hospitals and healthcare agencies in keeping our seniors and their families happy and healthy. If a resident needs rehab or a stay in the hospital, we make visits and follow-up on their care and needs.
Brookdale’s family values set us apart from any other senior living community. We are selective when choosing staff to join our team and serve our residents. Only those with a caring heart and experience in working with seniors are accepted into our family. We are proud of the longevity of qualified and nurturing caregivers, medical assistants and executive management, and our personalized approach encourages each person to continue to live as they please, while respecting individual preferences.
Learn More About Hartwell’s Levels of Care
We invite you to experience exceptional Assisted Living and Memory Care services at Brookdale. Please fill out the online form or give us a call to schedule a tour.
Brookdale Hartwell’s inviting community provides the care and services you desire, plus the amenities of a resort. While the levels of care and needs will vary, each resident receives a customized care plan that is tailored to meet their personal preferences, ensuring a comfortable and supportive retirement for our seniors.
- Specially-designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
- Fully-equipped fire safety and sprinkler systems
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyard with walking paths
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Beauty/barber shop
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Located near shopping and fine dining
Apartment Styles and Features
- Shared studio
- One-bedroom apartment
- Telephone and cable hookups
- Private bath including step-in shower and safety bars
- Small pets welcome
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available, 24-hours a day
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around-the-clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Behavior tracking and management
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Linen services
- Three freshly-prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and falls management
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstop delivery for all of your personal care products.
Learn More About Our Services
For more information on Hartwell’s programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.