Formerly: Emeritus at Litchfield Hills
Torrington, CT 06790
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Litchfield Hills, CT
Considered one of the best senior living communities in Connecticut, Brookdale Litchfield Hills provides high-quality Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and dementia care services. Our community is set on beautifully landscaped grounds nestled in the picturesque town of Litchfield Hills.
Located near Route 8, we are close to the towns of Goshen and Litchfield and just minutes from downtown Torrington with its many shops, restaurants and theater. Our community is also near Charlotte Hungerford Hospital and a nursing home rehabilitation facility.
Personalized Care for Seniors
Our staff takes pride in their work and are very patient and compassionate about senior care. Residents come first and the staff gives them choices so that they can stay independent for as long as possible. Respect and dignity is shown to each individual that walks in the door.
Our staff’s commitment to our residents was recognized in 2010 when we were awarded a Certificate of Achievement for the Assisted Living Federation of America’s (ALFA) Best of the Best Award.
Our staff is skilled and trained to deliver Assisted Living and Memory Care. Here’s a little bit about our approach to these two care options:
- Assisted Living — We provide just the right amount of assistance to make our residents’ lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care — Our state-of-the-art Clare Bridge Program employs the latest research plus the knowledge base and experience of the largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in the nation. Our programs can help your loved one maintain their mental functions, be more engaged with the world and enjoy the satisfaction and dignity of daily moments of success.
A Community Built For Comfort and Enjoyment
Our cozy and inviting community has 68 senior apartments that come in a variety of sizes including private studios, one-bedroom, two-bedroom and friendship suites.
They all offer individually controlled heating and air-conditioning, wall-to-wall carpeting, built-in bookshelves, all utilities, kitchenettes and a 24-hour emergency response system. And pets are welcome. Resident apartments are on three floors and many have lovely views of the wooded bird sanctuary.
Our common areas are designed for relaxing and visiting with family or getting to know other residents. Whether sharing a meal with friends in the dining room, relaxing with a good book in the library, kicking back in the TV room, or strolling with friends along the walking paths, you’ll have everything you need to live a life full of enjoyment.
When you sit down for a meal at our community, you’ll be treated to a very fine and luxurious experience. Three homemade meals are served each day. Each meal offers a salad and soup to start, entree and dessert. Meals are served on fine china in a restaurant-style atmosphere so that residents can enjoy conversation with the company at their table while enjoying a satisfying culinary experience.
Plenty of Entertainment Options
At Brookdale Litchfield Hills each day is filled with echoes of laughter in the hallways. We offer a wide range of activities each month including exercise classes, evening movies, line dancing, brain games, card games and concerts in Coe Park.
We have vibrant residents and we rely on their opinions and feedback to plan activities they enjoy. Their input is the basis of a calendar filled with enriching activities. We encourage activities that include social, physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and creative activities as they are the components of optimal brain health. Residents enjoy a variety of live entertainment and outdoor excursions, all with the security of knowing care is available if they need it.
Learn More About Our Community
Our residents quickly become like family at Brookdale Litchfield Hills. They are cared for, treated with respect and loved. Discover other aspects about our community by calling to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
Brookdale Litchfield Hills is a community that’s focused on our residents. We care about each one of our seniors and want to provide the lifestyle they want. As one of our Assisted Living or Memory Care residents, you’ll be treated to the best kind of care. Discover more about the lifestyle and care options we can offer you:
Our Personalized Assisted Living Experience
Sometimes you may need a little extra support during the day, perhaps for bathing, taking medication or getting dressed. But even with that little bit of support, you still want to maintain a level of independence. That’s where our staff can provide the right balance of care.
Our community provides care that combines independence with assistance and delivers service with compassion, understanding and respect. It’s all tailored to fit you and your needs. We work with each of our residents, understanding their needs first and then crafting together a plan that fits their situation. You only pay for the services that you need.
We also monitor your situation and needs during your stay, and can easily adjust plans at any time. But our goal is to provide you with an individualized experience, and make you feel like you have a partner with us. Our residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here for them, in whatever way they need.
Person-Centered Memory Care
For our Memory Care, we strive to help maintain residents’ abilities and encourage their current skills. We believe that each individual deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, and you’ll see that our staff strives to do that every day.
We have a state-of-the-art approach to Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, which has been perfected throughout the years. This approach is based on the Clare Bridge concept that utilizes the latest research and innovations to deliver quality Memory Care to seniors. We focus on caring for the individual — working to encourage feelings of belonging, a sense of self, purpose and fulfillment.
From the type of dining we offer to the activities available, we work to engage residents’ mental functions, encourage them to participate in purposeful activities, and involve them in many physical programs. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our seniors to feel a sense of meaning every day.
After undergoing specific training, our staff gently assists residents with daily programs that are designed to maintain a resident’s abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. Programs may include a “Morning Mental Workout” where residents might enjoy brain-stimulating games or discussions, and a Person-Centered Program, which may honor a resident’s past interests and involvements.
See Our Care Plans in Action
Caring for our residents doesn’t begin when they join our community — it happens way before. From answering your questions to giving a personal tour, we are here for you. Give us a call today.
With an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale Litchfield Hills residents enjoy life with all the support they may require. From a movie theater and concert hall to room service and housekeeping, you’ll discover a well-rounded community with us.
High Quality Amenities
- Specially designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
- Fully equipped fire safety and sprinkler systems
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyard with walking paths
- Outdoor walking paths
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Recreation and activity room
- Library with computers and internet access
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Beauty/barber shop
- Washer and dryers available for personal use
- Full community Wi-Fi
- Dollar store
- Concert hall
- Movie theater
- Outdoor balcony area
- Personal Solutions — Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
- Private suite
- Private deluxe suite
- Companion suite
- One-bedroom apartment
- Two-bedroom apartment
- Shared two-bedroom
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window coverings
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and sink
- Telephone hookup
- Cable hookup
- Basic cable included
- Private bath including a step-in shower and safety bars
- Walk-in shower
- Balcony in select apartments
- Small pets welcome
Expert Health Services
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available
- Registered nurse on-call, 24 hours a day
- Personal Service Plan
- Medication administration
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around the clock
- Ongoing monitoring of resident’s health status
- Incontinence care/management
- Diabetic care
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and fall management
- Respite care available
- Hospice care available
- Coordination of hospice care available
- Ongoing dementia training and support for staff
Resort Lifestyle Services
- Daily and weekly housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Linen services
- Three nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service available
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Transportation services available
- Specially designed exercise and fitness programs
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Ambulation and escort services
Stay With The Best
We have some of the best amenities and services around. Come check out our concert hall, have a seat in our movie theater, and discover what life could be like everyday as a Brookdale Litchfield Hills resident.