Mentor, OH 44060
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Mentor, Ohio
Emeritus at Newell Creek is a beautiful senior residential community offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services. This newly constructed property has been specifically designed and built for seniors who need some support with daily living activities. There are seven health care facilities within two miles of our community for additional convenience.
Located near I-90, we are a short distance to Cleveland, offering cultural and entertainment events for all interests. The beautiful shores of Lake Erie are nearby, along with more than 1,200 acres of parks. We like to take our residents often for scenic drives and exciting day excursions such as the Mentor Lagoons Nature Preserve, award-winning ball fields and local restaurants and shopping.
A Wonderful Place to Live
We offer a variety of private living spaces, from studios to two-bedroom apartments. Additionally, we provide plenty of group common space including a living room, library and spacious dining room. Each resident has numerous options for visiting, relaxing, celebrating an event, engaging in a group activity or exercise program or enjoying a good book. Emeritus at Newell Creek also provides a concierge who can handle special requests and help with daily activities.
An Active and Engaging Lifestyle
A family-friendly atmosphere feels like home the moment you walk through our doors. An array of social, educational and cultural programs encourages each resident to renew their old interests and explore new ones with friends and neighbors. As we age, we don’t lose our taste for good food, social interaction or interesting experiences. After all, these are the things that make us who we are and keep life vibrant and exciting.
Emeritus at Newell Creek has its own Life Enrichment Director who finds new social, recreational and cultural activities for everyone to enjoy. Life stories are gathered and explored to help understand each resident’s interests and hobbies as a basis for choosing activities. We work hard to make every day a beautiful experience for our seniors.
Substantial investments in our culinary program and staffing, allow us to provide mealtime experiences that set our communities apart from the competition. From our Culinary Arts Training for chefs, to select seasonings and bakery options, Brookdale has created one of the industry’s leading dining services. Our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician.
Three restaurant-style meals are served each day in the group dining room and snacks are provided throughout the day. We continue to meet the nutritional needs of residents with dining choices that offer a selection of delicious and satisfying entrees and sensational service. Of course, we can always accommodate special restrictions and requests.
To help alleviate any confusion or added stress, we keep mealtimes very routine for our Memory Care community. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.
Learn More About Our Community
To experience Brookdale Emeritus at Newell Creek and the services we provide, please give us a call or submit the online form on this page. We would love to show you our lovely home.
Levels of Care
As the population ages, more people are discovering assisted senior living and the peace of mind we offer. Our community’s approach focuses on being a trusted partner and listening to your needs, understanding the life you want for yourself or a loved one and customizing a solution that puts that life within reach. After all, the Golden years should be enjoyable and the services we provide make this possible.
Brookdale Emeritus at Newell Creek offers two levels of care:
- Assisted Living – where residents receive personal assistance and support with the daily activities and services needed, such as medication management, meals, bathing and dressing, as well as daily living activities and amenities for housekeeping and linen services, transportation and recreations. Our individualized care plans provide an ideal blend of convenience and support, with respect for personal preferences.
- Memory Care – was created over 25 years ago and continually embraces current research in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia. Associates help residents create daily moments of success, offering opportunities for them to experience a sense of purpose and meaning. A gently daily structure is provided to help maintain and encourage current skills.
More About Memory Care
Memory Care at Brookdale offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self. Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for our staff members. All of our highly trained associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care for seniors with dementia.
An established set of protocols and techniques enables our team to intervene when challenging behaviors resulting from dementia arise. The whole-community philosophy is the key that empowers our staff to identify any unmet needs and be a part of the solution.
Strong Professional Relationships and Loving Staff
Residents can feel safe knowing some of the state’s best medical facilities are all within an easy drive. In addition, home health and rehabilitation providers from the immediate area come into our community and offer services such as physical and occupational therapy, here in the comfort of the resident’s own home or in one of our many common areas.
The Brookdale staff is proud of the longevity of qualified and nurturing caregivers, medical assistants and executive management. Our personalized approach encourages each person to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences. All of the services we provide are customized to personal and unique needs by creating a way of life that enriches the lives of others through compassion, respect, excellence and integrity.
Learn More About our Levels of Care
We invite you to experience exceptional Assisted Living and Memory Care services at Brookdale. Please fill out the online form or give us a call to schedule a tour.
Our inviting community provides the care and services you desire, plus the amenities of a resort. While the levels of care and needs will vary, each resident receives a customized care plan that is tailored to meet their personal desires, ensuring a comfortable and supportive retirement for our seniors.
- Outdoor courtyard
- Outdoor walking paths
- Recreation and activity room
- Library with computers and Internet access
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Cafe area
- Movie theater
- Family room
- Beauty and barber shop
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Located near shopping and fine dining
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available, 24-hours a day
- Personal solutions
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around the clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Behavior tracking and management
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Linen services
- Three freshly-prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and falls management
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Ancillary services including pet care, in-room food service and errands
Apartment Styles and Features
- One bedroom
- Two bedroom
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window coverings
- Individually-controlled heating and air conditioning
- Telephone hookup
- Basic cable included
- Private bath including step-in shower and safetybars
- Walk-in shower
- Screened-in porch for outdoor living space
- Patio for outdoor living space
- Small pets welcome
Learn More About our Services
For more information on our programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.