Formerly: Emeritus at Northdale
Tampa, FL 33618
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Tampa, Florida
Brookdale Northdale offers a beautiful Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and dementia care community for seniors. Our loving family redefines life for residents, respecting their individuality, and allowing them to live life more meaningfully. We provide all of the amenities of home without any of the responsibilities or work!
With a continuum of care, residents have the security of knowing they can remain here, in their home, without having to relocate and separate from their familiar surroundings and friendships, should their needs change over time. Our emphasis is on providing you with numerous services, while helping you maintain your independence and health.
A Wonderful Place to Call Home
Northdale offers a friendly, home-like environment, which you feel as soon as you enter our front door. Cheerful smiles from our caring, professional staff greet you everyday, and a peaceful setting creates a wonderful living environment for residents.
We have two landscaped outdoor courtyards, a sun room, private dining and several comfortable living room areas. Our accommodations consist of generously-sized studio apartments, many with garden views.
Our residents come from all areas and all walks of life, and their ages range from early-sixties to late-nineties. We are an “all inclusive” community with housekeeping, dining and activities provided in the monthly rental charges.
Residents enjoy the services of a professional hairdresser and a barbershop in the building, as well as mobile grooming services for our pets. Our staff takes pride in respecting the privacy and individuality of each person, while at the same time creating a real sense of community.
An Active and Engaging Lifestyle
An array of social, educational and cultural programs encourages residents to rekindle their past interests and explore new ones with friends and neighbors. Brookdale offers many planned activities each week and loves taking our seniors for day excursions such as visits to local shops and restaurants, the Tampa Museum, the Fine Arts Museum, Salvador Dali and Dale Chiluly collections, The Straz Theatre for the Performing Arts, Seminole Hard Rock Casino and our beautiful beaches. All activities are created around the passions, hobbies and talents of each resident.
Substantial investments in our culinary program and staffing, allow us to provide mealtime experiences that set our communities apart from the competition. From Culinary Arts Training for chefs, to select seasonings and bakery options, Brookdale has created one of the industry’s leading dining services. Our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician.
Three restaurant-style meals are served each day in the group dining room and snacks are provided throughout the day. We continue to meet the nutritional needs of residents with dining choices that promote their health and well-being. Each meal offers a selection of delicious choices, sensational service and we always accommodate special restrictions and requests.
To help alleviate any confusion or added stress, we keep mealtimes very routine for our Memory Care community. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.
Learn More About Our Community
To experience Brookdale Northdale and the services we provide, please give us a call or submit the online form on this page. We would love to show you our home!
Levels of Care
As the population ages, more people are discovering senior Assisted Living and the peace of mind we offer. Our community’s approach focuses on being a trusted partner and listening to your needs, understanding the life you want for yourself or a loved one and customizing a solution that puts that life within reach.
Assisted Living and Memory Care
Brookdale Northdale offers two levels of care:
- Assisted Living provides personal assistance and support with daily activities and services needed, such as medication management, meals, bathing and dressing, as well as amenities for housekeeping and linen services, transportation and recreations. Our individualized care plans provide an ideal blend of convenience and support, with respect for personal preferences.
- Memory Care was created over 25 years ago and continually embraces current research in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia. Associates help residents create daily moments of success, offering opportunities for them to experience a sense of purpose and meaning. A gently daily structure is provided to help maintain and encourage current skills.
More About Memory Care
Memory Care at Brookdale offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self. Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for our staff members. All of our highly trained associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care for seniors with dementia.
An established set of protocols and techniques enables our team to intervene when challenging behaviors resulting from dementia arise. Our whole-community philosophy is the key that empowers staff members to identify any unmet needs and be a part of the solution.
Strong, Professional Relationships and Loving Staff
Senior Home Care provides therapy, nursing and related services to our residents seven days per week, right here in our building. Affiliated physicians are on hand weekly to see patients, and a variety of specialists visit our community regularly to ensure the continued good health of our seniors. We are consistently adding to our group of enthusiastic employees who love working with older adults.
Brookdale’s family values set us apart from any other senior living community. We are selective when choosing staff to join our team and serve our residents, and only those with a caring heart and experience in working with seniors are accepted into our family. We are proud of the longevity of qualified and nurturing caregivers, medical assistants and executive management, and our personalized approach encourages each person to continue to live as they please, while respecting individual preferences.
Partnering with the Local Community
Northdale is a proud participant and sponsor of the yearly Alzheimer’s Walk, and we host a variety of fundraising events for this worthwhile cause, partnering with world-renowned USF Center for Alzheimer Research. We have a monthly schedule of events planned for both our residents and the local community and host focus groups for Alzheimer’s families, monthly health specialty clinics and professionals speaking about veterans benefits, crime prevention and behavior and communication techniques.
Learn More About Northdale’s Levels of Care
We invite you to experience exceptional Assisted Living and Memory Care services at Brookdale. Please fill out the online form or give us a call to schedule a tour.
The Brookdale Northdale community provides the care and services you desire, plus the amenities of a resort. While the levels of care and needs will vary, each resident receives a customized care plan that is tailored to meet their personal preferences, ensuring a comfortable and supportive retirement for our seniors.
- Specially designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
- Fully equipped fire safety and sprinkler systems
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyard
- Outdoor walking paths
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Recreation and activity room
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Fully enclosed sun room
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Beauty/barber shop
Apartment Styles and Features
- Companion suite
- One-bedroom apartment
- Shared studio
- Shared one-bedroom
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window coverings
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Telephone hookup
- Cable hookup
- Private bath including step-in shower, safety bars and built-in seat
- Small pets welcome
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available, 24-hours a day
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around-the-clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Behavior tracking and management
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Linen services
- Three freshly-prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and falls management
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstop delivery for all of your personal care products.
Learn More About our Services
For more information on Northdale’s programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.