Formerly: Emeritus at Northridge
Northridge, CA 91325
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
Senior Living with Care Choices in Northridge, CA
Brookdale Northridge is an exclusive senior living community with well-appointed accommodations, restaurant-style dining and opportunities to engage your interests, passion and purpose. Located in Northridge, California, north of Los Angeles, Brookdale Northridge offers a convenient location with shopping, banks, restaurants and physicians’ offices near campus.
Brookdale Northridge is conveniently located in the heart of San Fernando Valley with easy access to I-405 and Route 118. Our community is in a unique work/live neighborhood of Northridge just across the street from Temple Ramat Zion and close to the Northridge Mall, Northridge Hospital Medical Center and Providence Holy Cross Medical Center.
Residents of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) enjoy an active lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. From Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care to Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, transitioning between levels of care is simple.
You or your loved one will have the security of knowing that a continuum of care options is available on one campus without the concern of selecting new services at a different location.
Sophisticated Comfort With Individualized Care
Step into our light-filled lobby with stylish furnishings and well-appointed common areas. Enjoy restaurant-style dining in our dining room with chef-prepared menu options, or meet friends for coffee in the living room.
Residents also enjoy our outdoor courtyard with its shaded seating areas, beautiful gardens and enclosed patios.
Each day is filled with a selection of activities and clubs to share with friends and neighbors. Join one of our shopping trips to local stores, play Wii bowling, meet friends for a wine tasting or attend one of several weekly devotional services offered.
Our campus also includes the following accommodations and levels of care options:
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities. We balance assistance with independence, providing just the right amount care needed.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia care program where skilled associates provide residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and experience daily moments of success.
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation — Licensed and Medicare-approved, our community offers skilled nursing care supported by speech, physical and occupational therapies and other rehabilitation services.
Fitness and wellness programs are an important part of our commitment to our residents’ experience at Brookdale Northridge. Our Optimum Life program is a holistic initiative that balances six key dimensions of wellness — purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual — to help you live a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness and fulfillment.
We Enrich Lives Every Day
With a number of planned activities and award-winning programs, our residents have many appealing and entertaining options. We offer a selection of classes for our residents, including Tai Chi, our walking club, yoga, painting classes, cultural classes, for example in Jewish history, and book clubs. Our residents enjoy lunch outings and weekly religious services too, including Christian and Shabbat services. We even offer Happy Hour celebrations, often with live music.
Brookdale is committed to evidence-based programs, like our signature B-Fit exercise program as well as Brookdale Celebrates. Brookdale Celebrates combines inspired culinary and educational offerings that come together with themed experiences, special events and group activities spotlighting different cultures and cuisines. Our dining room with its impressive menu choices is both elegant and comfortable for an outstanding dining experience.
At Brookdale, our associates serve our communities by creating meaningful connections with residents and providing exceptional service and care. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion.
Caring Relationships Live Here Every Day
Experience our distinctive blend of hospitality, attentive service, and well-appointed amenities. Complete the online form for more information or call today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
As a Continuing Care Retirement Community, Brookdale Northridge offers residents an active lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. From Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care to Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, transitioning between levels of care is simple.
There may come a time when you or your loved may need additional help with daily tasks. At Brookdale Northridge, we offer Assisted Living care so you’ll be prepared, if or when you need more assistance.
It all begins with a personal service assessment. We take the time to listen to our residents, so we can understand their needs, then we establish clinical, dining and program support that works for them in a meaningful way.
We partner with our residents, recognizing their individual needs and preferences, and adjust services to meet their changing needs. So whether it’s a unique snack, the celebration of a favorite season or a lifelong interest, we value the privilege of knowing our residents and building relationships with them to create a truly personalized living experience.
With our exclusive personal service system, you can live your life the way you want with the right care at the right time, delivered by the right people. Through years of experience serving seniors, we have developed a process that allows us to customize personal care plans for our Assisted Living residents. Your customized care plan means you only pay for the services you need and want, giving you the flexibility to change your plan.
We provide care that balances independence with assistance and delivers service with compassion, understanding and respect. With comfortable accommodations and an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here, partnering with you and your family, to customize solutions that support our residents’ needs as they evolve.
We understand your concerns for your loved one’s safety and well-being, and we understand the weight of the responsibility of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Let us help you and your loved one with our compassionate, specialized care.
Our community offers programs and safe environments for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe no matter where an individual is on life’s journey, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program, also called the Clare Bridge program, focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging, purpose and safety while seeking to preserve a sense of self.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path includes programs such as discussion groups as a mental workout and daily physical exercise such as dancing. The Daily Path gives each resident purpose and a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.”
Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts in Dementia Care and registered dieticians, our unique dining program promotes a positive and successful dining experience with the following features:
- Dementia-friendly menus with selections that are easy to manage
- Individualized dining assistance
- The supportive dining environment encourages familiarity and socialization
The Clare Bridge concept has evolved over the last 25 years through research and innovations in quality dementia care. Through our unique memory care programs, we offer comfort from the struggles of dementia for you and your loved one with customized care to meet your loved one’s specific needs. Our skilled associates provide compassionate and attentive dementia care, and enable residents to experience daily moments of success.
Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
Life takes many turns, especially as it relates to health. On those occasions it is reassuring to know you have access to specialized care right here on one campus.
Brookdale Northridge offers licensed and Medicare-certified Skilled Nursing Care with well-appointed private and semi-private accommodations.
Whether it’s a short-term respite visit while recovering from surgery or a long-term rehabilitation after a joint replacement, we have the services and care you need, when you need them. Our Skilled Nursing team provides round the clock nursing care and our on-site rehabilitation professionals offer physical, occupational and speech therapy to help patients enhance or regain their independence. We also provide wound care, diabetic care, respite care and hospice.
We partner with you and your family to create a care plan that honors your individual preferences and needs. We treat the whole person — mind, body and spirit — with compassion and attentive care.
Bringing New Life to Senior Living
Let us help provide the care you or a loved one need with the amenities and services you want to live life as you choose. For more information about our services or to schedule a tour, complete our online form or call today.
At Brookdale Northridge, our inviting community provides the care and services you need, plus upscale amenities and services.
There are several golf courses and country clubs close to campus, as well as a state-of-the-art YMCA center, California State University Northridge with its beautiful botanical gardens, and several museums including the Getty Museum, Ronald Reagan Presidential Library,and the Gene Autrey Museum. Our community is a comfortable driving distance from area casinos and about an hour from the Pacific Ocean, favorite destinations for our residents.
We offer a selection of spacious residence floor plans, including studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom options. Our light-filled apartments are pet-friendly and include a kitchenette with a refrigerator and sink, connection to basic cable television, an emergency response system and a private bathroom with walk-in showers equipped with safety bars.
While some services may vary with care levels, our residents enjoy the following amenities and services:
- Walking paths and landscaped grounds
- Courtyard and enclosed patios
- Recreation and activity room
- Arts and crafts room
- Country kitchen with light snacks and beverages
- Library with computers and Internet access
- Private dining room for celebrations with family and friends
- Spacious family room with a fireplace for social gatherings
- Full-service beauty salon and barber shop
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Cultural, social, education and recreational activities and events
- Fitness Programs — Our innovative Brookdale “B-Fit” fitness program with classes like Tai chi, yoga, and dancing is designed with the latest research on senior fitness to provide a fun, holistic and engaging exercise experience.
- Entertainment — Our residents gather for free movies, live music performances, and parties.
- Pet-friendly community
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals.
- Personal Solutions — Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
- Rental program with no entrance fee or long-term financial commitments
- Continuum of care on property with lifestyles and services to meet changing healthcare needs
- Housekeeping services with flat linen service
- Laundry rooms with complimentary use of washers and dryers, plus personal laundry service for an additional fee
- Transportation services
- Room service available
- Short-term stay options
- Campus security
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours a day
- Help with daily tasks — Our staff can assist your loved with personal tasks such as bathing or showering, hygiene, clothing selection and dressing or grooming.
- Incontinence management — We offer bathroom scheduling, reminders and bathroom assistance.
- Mobility and escort service — To prevent falls, we offer our residents assistance in moving about their suites, and escorts to meals and activities.
- Dining assistance — For those who need some extra help at mealtime, we offer personal assistance when needed.
- Ease of access — Our community is easily navigated by individuals using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Nursing service — Nurses oversee the delivery of all health care services and wellness visits for our residents. Our nurses are on-call for your loved one 24 hours a day, seven days a week in our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation wing.
- Medication management — Our staff monitors and administers medications based on the proper dosage and frequency prescribed by each resident’s physician and track inventory for refills.
- Diabetes management and care
- Wound care
- Respite care available
- Therapy services
- Routine monitoring of residents’ health
Upscale Amenities with Attentive Care
See how our compassionate care and hospitality can give you or your loved one the engaging lifestyle you deserve. Call today to schedule a visit and let our family help your family.