Formerly: Emeritus at Outlook Manor
Westerville, OH 43081
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Personalized Senior Living in Westerville, Ohio
Brookdale Cooper Road is considered one of the premier senior living communities in in Westerville, Ohio, near Columbus. we offer Assisted Living services and Alzheimers and dementia care for seniors.
Close to I-270, our community is located in a great part of Columbus, providing easy access to all the city’s great amenities. We are just a block away from Mount Carmel St. Ann’s Hospital, and near Uptown Westerville, Sharron Woods Metro Park, and many shops and restaurants.
At our community, this isn’t just a job for our staff members — it’s a passion. Every day they strive to excel at providing support and assistance to our residents. Our community offers two types of care — Assisted Living and Memory Care. Here’s a short description about each one:
- Assisted Living — We provide you with just the right amount of support, as you need it, in order to make your life healthier and easier. But our staff’s aim is to allow you as much independence as possible.
- Memory Care — We utilize a state-of-the-art program, the Clare Bridge Concept, which has years of experience providing successful care to those with forms of Dementia. Our trained staff delivers attentive care with a focus of allowing residents to enjoy meaningful experiences, daily moments of success and working to retain mental functions.
Life at Brookdale Cooper Road
We offer a choice of private or shared senior apartments with a variety of floor plans and sizes to meet virtually any need. There are studio floor plans and one-bedroom style apartments. All apartments have a kitchenette and private bathroom with a large, walk-in shower. We encourage you to personalize your apartment with your own belongings to make it more comfortable.
Our residents can enjoy common areas outside their private apartments while dining, watching TV, enjoying activities or reading a book in the library. Our community gives residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another and enjoy each other’s company. During nice weather the outdoor patio area is a popular spot for residents to relax and enjoy socializing.
Plenty of Entertainment Options
For residents who love to be active and have fun, there’s never a lack of things to do here at our community. Some of our activities include trips to local museums, sporting events, the Columbus Zoo, restaurants and to see live entertainment.
We value our residents’ opinions and we rely on their feedback to plan activities they enjoy. We also don’t force seniors to participate in activities; you get to decide what you want to do. Friends and family members are also welcome to join in on all of our activities.
Discover Your New Home
We’d love to meet you and show you all of the wonderful features of our community. Give us a call to schedule a time to tour Brookdale Cooper Road.
Levels of Care
At our community, we can offer you or your loved one skilled Assisted Living or Memory Care. With each level of care, our staff is dedicated to supporting and caring for the individual’s needs. Whatever those may be.
Assisted Living Tailored to You
Sometimes you may need a little extra support during the day, perhaps for bathing, taking medication or getting dressed. But even with that little bit of support, you still want to maintain a level of independence. That’s where our staff can provide the right balance of care.
Our community provides care that combines independence with assistance and delivers service with compassion, understanding and respect. It’s all tailored to fit you and your needs. We work with each of our residents, understanding their needs first and then crafting together a plan that fits their situation. You only pay for the services that you need.
We also monitor your situation and needs during your stay, and can easily adjust plans at any time. But our goal is to provide you with an individualized experience, and make you feel like you have a partner with us. Our residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here for them, in whatever way they need.
Person-Centered Memory Care
For our Memory Care, we strive to help maintain residents’ abilities and encourage their current skills. We believe that each individual deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, and you’ll see that our staff strives to do that every day.
We have a state-of-the-art approach to Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, which has been perfected throughout the years. This approach is based on the Clare Bridge concept that utilizes the latest research and innovations to deliver quality Memory Care to seniors. We focus on caring for the individual — working to encourage feelings of belonging, a sense of self, purpose and fulfillment.
From the type of dining we offer to the activities available, we work to engage residents’ mental functions, encourage them to participate in purposeful activities, and involve them in many physical programs. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our seniors to feel a sense of meaning every day.
After undergoing specific training, our staff gently assists residents with daily programs that are designed to maintain a resident’s abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. Programs may include a “Morning Mental Workout” where residents might enjoy brain-stimulating games or discussions, and a Person-Centered Program, which may honor a resident’s past interests and involvements.
Learn More About Our Care
We’d love for you to come visit Brookdale Cooper Road and see what we can provide you. Give us a call today and we can set up a time for you to stop by.
When you select Brookdale Cooper Road as your home, you’ll have access to quality care that’s specifically designed for you. You’ll be able to retain independence while accessing resort-style amenities that you’d never get living in a neighborhood. Discover more about the lifestyle and care options we can offer you:
Expert Health Services
- We offer Assisted Living and Memory Care Lifestyle Services
- Personalized Service Assessment and Plan — We evaluate your individual needs and then create a custom care plan tailored to you.
- Ongoing dementia training, expertise and support for staff
- Nursing Services — Professional nurses oversee the delivery of healthcare services to our residents. A licensed nurse is on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Monitoring of residents’ health status
- Medication Support
- Specialized intervention programs — We implement specially designed nutrition tracking, weight management and falls management programs.
- Short term Stay and Respite Care — Our short term stay program is available for family vacations or just a much needed rest for family caregivers. We also offer respite care for individuals who are recovering from surgery or a recent hospitalization.
- Assistance with Personal Needs — Our trained staff is there to assist you with your personal needs, such as bathing or showering, selection of clothing, dressing assistance, grooming, hygiene, mobility and transferring and dining assistance.
- Ambulation & Escort Services — We will escort you to meals and activities within the building.
- Incontinence Management — We offer a comprehensive incontinence management program – from reminders to scheduling to assistance.
- Trained staff on-site 24 hours a day
- Transportation Services
Resort Lifestyle Services
- Three nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks available throughout the day
- Housekeeping Services
- Personal Laundry and Linen Services
- Daily Life Enrichment Programming — Multiple programs are offered throughout the daytime and evening hours. These programs are designed and supported by our dementia care specialists.
- Pet friendly environment
- Variety of apartment styles including: studio, studio deluxe and one-bedroom style apartments.
- All apartments have a private bathroom with a large walk-in shower. One-bedrooms styles have a kitchenette
- Specially designed environment — For individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency Response system
- Personal Solutions — Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
- State-of-the-art fire safety system
- Handicapped accessibility
Come Visit Our Community
Still unsure about whether our community is the right fit for you? Call us to schedule a personal tour of our grounds to see what life would be like at Brookdale Cooper Road.