Formerly: Emeritus at Park Place
Portland, OR 97223
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
Personalized Senior Assisted Living in Portland
Brookdale Park Place Tigard is an exceptional Assisted Living community serving seniors and their families from Portland and surrounding suburbs and towns in northwest Oregon.
Our community is not visible from our street because we are tucked away in the woodlands of Metzger Park, surrounded by huge trees and mature landscaping. Our dining room looks out onto a large duck pond and a stream that meanders through our property. Yet, we are conveniently close to restaurants, doctor’s offices, churches, coffee houses, banks, drug stores, a post office, Winco, Costco, Fred Meyer, Walmart, Dollar Tree, and Trader Joe’s.
Washington Square Mall is just across the street. Major routes I-5 and Route 217 are only minutes away and there are three wonderful senior centers in the immediate vicinity. We offer a beautiful natural setting with all of the amenities of a major metropolitan area close at hand. And downtown Portland is just 15 minutes away.
We also enjoy the security of quick access to Providence St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Meridian Park Hospital, and Oregon Health & Science University Hospital.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
Your senior doesn’t have to choose between independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Park Place Tigard is a community of apartment homes where they can have both — the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
A Family of Friends
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets and talk for hours. At Brookdale Park Place Tigard, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
The Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents, “adopt” them as our grandparents, and enrich their lives every day.
Discover How We Bring New Life to Senior Living
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Call us today to schedule a tour.
At Brookdale Park Place Tigard, our Assisted Living services provide the senior in your life the freedom and comfort of living independently, plus peace of mind from having help close at hand. Your loved one spent decades taking care of others. Now, it’s their turn to be pampered.
Customized Personal Care Services
We Learn Resident Personalities
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, and particular likes and dislikes.
We Tailor Individualized Plans
Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Home Healthcare Agency Services
- Visiting Podiatrist and Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapists
When vacancies are available, we offer short-term respite stays for Assisted Living guests so that family caregivers like you can enjoy a much-needed rest, or leave town for a business trip or vacation while your loved one receives pampered care.
Learn More About Our Assisting Care
Find out more about the care our associates can provide your loved one to ease their life and ease your life. Call us or submit the online form today to schedule a tour.
Our services, group activities, and campus features provide enjoyment, comfort, and convenience to our residents.
- Weekly Housekeeping and Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- On-Site Salon services
- Brookdale Personal Solutions — Convenient direct-to-doorstep delivery of all of your personal care products.
- Optional Concierge Services — such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service.
Activities for Optimum Life
Brookdale offers a new way to grow older. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness — Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, and Intellectual.
To accommodate the range of resident ages and abilities in our community, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy. Activities at Brookdale Park Place Tigard include:
- Group Outings — Our residents join ventures to movie theaters, stores, restaurants, casinos, antique shops, museums, farmers markets, theater plays, concerts, street fairs and festivals, the Portland International Rose Garden, and other recreational and scenic attractions in the region. We visit the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, which is home to the Oregon Symphony, or the White Bird Dance Company, Portland Arts & Lectures, and many local performing arts groups. We also take residents on outings beyond city limits including to the Tulip Festival in Wilsonville, Spirit Mountain Casino, Chinook Winds Casino, outlet stores in Lincoln City, the boardwalk in Seaside, and the spectacular Multnomah Falls, less than an hour’s drive away.
- A Full Calendar of Parties — We host monthly parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or eras of history. In addition, we enjoy movie nights and matinees, barbeques, wine and cheese socials, ice cream socials, happy hours, and themed parties for every holiday.
- Board and Card Games
- Arts and Crafts
- Group Puzzles
- Out to Lunch Bunch
- My Life Story Time
- Memory Exercises
- Movie Nights and Matinees
- Live Music Performances
- Beading Classes
- Knitting Group
- Hand Chime Choir
- Trivia Games
- Fitness Programs — customized to accommodate each resident’s abilities.
- Walking Group
- Chair Exercise
- Life Enrichment Activities — We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a variety of cultural events, interesting topical seminars, and charity projects.
- Optimum Life Health Talks
- Devotional Services
Our residents are surrounded by campus features designed for convenience, recreation, and relaxation:
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room – with tall wall-to-wall windows
- Activity and Game Room
- TV / Movie Room
- Billiards Table
- Arts and Crafts Room
- Exercise Room
- Resident-Managed Convenience Store
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Covered Deck with Tables and Grill
- Duck Pond and Stream
- Lighted Walking Paths
- Private Dining Room — Host special gatherings exclusively for your family and friends.
- Country Kitchen – Provided for convenient food warm-up or light cooking for residents, their aides, or family members
- Laundry Room — In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of a convenient laundry room for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- A Pet-Friendly Environment
- Safety Features
- Alarms on All Exterior Doors
- Emergency Response System
- A State of the Art Fire Safety System
Apartment Home Features
Our studios and one-bedroom apartments include the following features:
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, and microwave
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Large windows – most facing the duck pond or one of several cul-de-sac landscaped areas.
- Window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Walk-in shower with safety bars
- Utilities paid (except phone)
- Free basic cable TV included
- Small pets welcome
Come Home for a Visit
Come see the home we made for your loved one at Brookdale Park Place Tigard, where comfort and care live here every day. Call us today to schedule a tour.