Facility I.D. #AL000-769 / SNF000-269
Formerly: Emeritus at Plaza on the River Campus
Kerrville, TX 78028
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
- Skilled Nursing
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
Experience Exclusive Senior Living in Kerrville, Texas
Located in Kerrville, Texas, on a seven-acre campus just across from a park, Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza, recently underwent a major remodel of its Independent Living and Assisted Living communities. This, combined with our elegant plantation-style architecture, covered patios, multiple courtyards, walking areas and spectacular views of the Guadalupe River, make our community one of the most desirable senior living communities in Texas Hill Country.
Our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offers the following levels of care:
- Independent Living apartments offer the privacy of well-appointed residences and the services and amenities of a vacation property, including restaurant-style dining, transportation services, housekeeping, and laundry services.
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities. We balance assistance with independence, providing just the right amount care needed.
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation — Licensed and Medicare-approved, our community offers skilled nursing care supported by speech, physical and occupational therapies and other rehabilitation services. We also offer respite care and hospice.
All buildings are connected, making it easy for residents to take full advantage of our continuum of care. This unique environment allows residents to easily transition from one care level to the next without having to leave familiar surroundings or friends. Couples can live on the same campus together even if one lives independently and the other requires a different level of care.
The Freedom to Live Life as You Choose
While just a small city of 22,000, Kerrville has earned the notable distinction of being among the country’s top ten retirement destinations for a town of our size. Come for a visit and you’ll quickly see why.
We’re located in the heart of beautiful Texas Hill Country, where creeks and rivers meander through the rugged terrain and rolling hills of the Guadalupe River Valley. In the spring, the hills are ablaze with the spectacular Texas Bluebonnets and the renowned Wild Seed Farm in Fredericksburg, a favorite destination for residents, is just 22 miles from our campus.
Several small historical German towns are a short drive from our community and only an hour northwest is San Antonio which is home of the River Walk, Fiesta Texas and Sea World. The state capitol of Austin is about 90 minutes, door to door. Our weather is temperate, neither too hot nor cold, and the pace in this part of Texas is just right.
Kerrville offers convenient amenities with restaurants, banks, shopping malls, theaters, parks and outstanding medical facilities, including Peterson Regional Medical Center and the VA Medical Center, near campus. We have designated days for errands and appointments but are very flexible and are almost always able to take residents wherever they need to go whenever they need transportation.
Enjoy a Rewarding Retirement
Experience our distinctive blend of hospitality, attentive service, and well-appointed amenities. Complete the online form for more information or call today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
As a Continuing Care Retirement Community, Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza offers residents a vibrant, engaging lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. Live life as you choose with the care and support you need.
Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza also hosts a community event each month which might include a luau, a community barbeque or an outing into town to take in a concert or play. We always schedule a trip to the annual Texas State Arts and Craft Fair which feature artists and entertainers from around the state. Our community is a comfortable driving distance to San Antonio and Austin allowing easy day trips that residents can enjoy when they are looking for a change of scenery.
At Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza, you can enjoy the rewarding retirement you deserve when you trade in the work of house maintenance and daily meal preparation for a refined residence that caters to you. With attentive service and convenient amenities, residents indulge in the comforts of vacation living with a fitness room on property and concierge services.
Remember your own days in a college dorm or summer camp, living with people your own age that shared your interests and experiences? You played cards and board games, and talked for hours swapping stories. Here at Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza, we recreate that fun, communal experience of living with a family of friends.
When you’re here, you’re home. The residences in our community are a neighborhood, where neighbors become friends and friends become family.
As a community resident you will enjoy the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry and transportation services in a valued location near popular attractions with shopping and restaurants close to campus.
There may come a time when you or your loved may need additional help with daily tasks. At Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza, we offer Assisted Living care so you’ll be prepared, if or when you need more assistance.
We understand that the decision to move can sometimes feel overwhelming. Let us help you or your loved one as you consider your choices. We are committed to serving our community by creating meaningful connections with residents and providing exceptional service and care. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job; it’s a passion.
It all begins with a personal service assessment. We take the time to listen to our residents, so we can understand their needs. Then we establish clinical, dining and program support that works for them in a meaningful way.
We partner with our residents, recognizing their individual needs and preferences, and adjust services to meet their changing needs. So whether it’s a unique snack, the celebration of a favorite season or a lifelong interest, we value the privilege of knowing our residents and building relationships with them to create a truly personalized living experience.
We provide care that balances independence with assistance and delivers service with compassion, understanding and respect. With comfortable accommodations and an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here, partnering with you and your family, to customize solutions that support our residents’ needs as they evolve.
Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
Life takes many turns, especially as it relates to health. On those occasions it is reassuring to know you have access to specialized care right here on campus. Our community offers licensed and Medicare-certified skilled nursing care with well-appointed private and semi-private accommodations.
Whether it’s a short-term respite visit while recovering from surgery or a long-term rehabilitation after a joint replacement, we have the services and care you need, when you need them. Our Skilled Nursing team provides round the clock nursing care and our on-site rehabilitation professionals offer physical, occupational and speech therapy to help patients enhance or regain their independence.
We partner with you and your family to create a care plan that honors your individual preferences and needs. We treat the whole person — mind, body and spirit — with compassion and attentive care.
Caring Relationships Live Here Every Day
Brookdale is bringing new life to senior living. Call today to schedule a visit and let our family help your family.
Every morning, we provide a reminder notice of the upcoming daily activities. This helps ensure that our assisted living residents can take advantage of as many activities as possible. Most days begin with an exercise program, often followed by a game of bridge and lunch.
Frequently, we host “Chew and Chats” which is a great time for residents to get together and enjoy each other’s company. We also have several religious services each week and offer a variety of clubs, from the Red Hat Society to our Walking Club. We always celebrate holidays in style with great meals, a party or dance and entertainment and, of course, family members are always invited to attend.
Our newly remodeled community offers Independent Living residences and Assisted Living apartments in three connected buildings. Residents can choose from studios, one-bedroom suites and two-bedroom with two-bath configurations. Our spacious residences include the following:
- Large windows, most with views of the surrounding countryside and many with views of the river
- Full kitchens in our one- and two-bedroom apartments and kitchenettes in our studios
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms, most of which feature walk-in showers
- More than ample storage space and walk-in closets
- Patios with sliding glass doors
Independent Living residents have full use of several common areas including living and sitting rooms with flat-screen televisions, DVDs and fireplaces, private dining areas for families to enjoy special celebrations together, a chapel, beauty salon and barber shop and fitness center.
Assisted Living residents are always welcome to use any of these common areas including TV rooms, game rooms and a large dedicated activities room. There are four courtyards, some enclosed and some facing the river.
Licensed for 64 beds, our Skilled Nursing Care building is warm and inviting with a fireplace in the main dining room, where residents undergoing rehabilitation dine together. We offer spacious private and semi-private suites. We even have a bird aviary.
- Gardening areas with a greenhouse for residents’ use
- Full-service beauty salon and barbershop
- Fitness center
- Living Room with cozy fireplace
- Courtyard and gardens
- Recreation and activity room — Ideal for playing bridge, pinochle, or board games with friends
- Laundry room for complimentary washer and dryer use
- Cultural, social, education and recreational activities and events
- Fitness Programs — Our innovative Brookdale “B-Fit” fitness program with classes like Tai chi, yoga, and dancing is designed with the latest research on senior fitness to provide a fun, holistic and engaging exercise experience.
- Entertainment — Our residents gather for free movies, live music performances and parties.
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals
- Rental program with no entrance fee or long-term financial commitments
- Continuum of care on property with lifestyles and services to meet changing healthcare needs
- Housekeeping services
- Personal Solutions — The Brookdale Personal Solutions service makes life easier and more convenient with discreet direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
- Laundry services
- Transportation services
- Campus security
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours a day
- Respite stays available
- Help with daily tasks — Our staff can assist your loved with personal tasks such as bathing or showering, hygiene, clothing selection and dressing or grooming.
- Incontinence management – We offer bathroom scheduling, reminders and bathroom assistance.
- Mobility and escort service – To prevent falls, we offer our residents assistance in moving about their suites, and escorts to meals and activities.
- Dining assistance — For those who need some extra help at mealtime, we offer personal assistance when needed.
- Ease of access — Our community is easily navigated by individuals using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Nursing service — Nurses oversee the delivery of all health care services and wellness visits for our residents. Our nurses are on-call for your loved one 24 hours a day, seven days a week in our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation wing.
- Medication management — Our staff monitors and administers all medications based on the proper dosage and frequency prescribed by each resident’s physician. W
- Continence care/management
- Diabetic care
- Short-term stay options available
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care available
Experience Personalized Care and Amenities
Learn more about Brookdale Guadalupe River Plaza. Complete the online form for more information or call today to schedule a tour.