Formerly: Emeritus at Rancho Mirage
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
Retirement Living Community in Palm Springs, CA
Located in an exclusive desert community just south of Palm Springs, Brookdale Rancho Mirage offers Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia care.
Set on five acres of landscaped grounds with courtyards, citrus trees, and charming gardens, our community offers elegant accommodations set against the backdrop of the scenic Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains. We are located across the street from the renowned Eisenhower Medical Center, tucked into an exclusive neighborhood surrounded by country clubs, golf courses and fine dining restaurants.
Residents of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) enjoy an engaging lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs – transitioning between levels of care is simple. We offer Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia accommodations, plus Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation at our adjacent Rancho Mirage Skilled Nursing Center.
We Offer Sophisticated Comfort
You or your loved one will have the security of knowing that a continuum of care options is available on campus or nearby without the concern of selecting new services at a different location and without the worry of buy-in fees or leases. We also offer a short-term respite stay option, enabling residents to stay just a short period of time to give caregivers a much needed break or to simply experience the pampered luxuries offered here.
Our campus includes the following levels of care and lifestyle options:
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities. We balance assistance with independence, providing just the right amount care needed.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia care program where skilled associates provide residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities, encourage the use of their current skills and experience daily moments of success with a sense of purpose.
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation — Licensed and Medicare-approved, our community offers skilled nursing care supported by speech, physical and occupational therapies and other rehabilitation services. We also offer respite care and hospice.
Enjoy your Optimum Life
Fitness and wellness programs are an important part of our commitment to our residents’ experience at Rancho Mirage. Brookdale’s Optimum Life is a holistic initiative that balances six key dimensions of wellness – purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual – to help you live a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness and fulfillment.
Our associates serve our community by creating meaningful connections with residents and providing exceptional service and care. Many of our staff joined our team when Rancho Mirage first opened in 2000. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job; it’s a passion.
The freedom to live life as you choose
Experience our distinctive blend of hospitality, attentive service, and well-appointed amenities. For more information about our community, complete the online form or call today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
Residents of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) enjoy an engaging lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs.
There may come a time when you or your loved may need additional help with daily tasks. At Brookdale Rancho Mirage, we offer Assisted Living care so you’ll be prepared, if or when you need more assistance.
It all begins with a personal service assessment. We take the time to listen to our residents, so we can understand their needs; then we establish clinical, dining and program support that works for them in a meaningful way.
We partner with our residents, recognizing their individual needs and preferences, and adjust services to meet their changing needs. So whether it’s a unique snack, the celebration of a favorite season or a lifelong interest, we value the privilege of knowing our residents and building relationships with them to create a truly personalized living experience.
Engage your interests, passion and purpose
With a number of planned activities and award-winning programs, our residents have many appealing and entertaining options. We offer life enriching opportunities to engage our resident’s interests, passion and purpose.
Brookdale is committed to evidence-based programs, like our signature B-Fit exercise program as well as Brookdale Celebrates. Brookdale Celebrates combines inspired culinary and educational offerings that come together with themed experiences, special events and group activities spotlighting different cultures and cuisines.
We provide care that balances independence with assistance and we deliver service with compassion, understanding and respect. With comfortable accommodations and an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here, partnering with you and your family, to customize solutions that support our residents’ needs as they evolve.
We understand your concerns for your loved one’s safety and well-being, and we understand the weight of the responsibility of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Let us help you and your loved one with our compassionate, specialized care.
Brookdale Rancho Mirage offers programs and safe environments for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe no matter where an individual is on life’s journey, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program, also called the Clare Bridge program, focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging, purpose and safety while seeking to preserve a sense of self. The Clare Bridge concept has evolved over the last 25 years through research and innovations in quality dementia care. Our experienced teams have cared for thousands of individuals with dementia and their families.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path includes programs such as discussion groups as a mental workout and daily physical exercise such as dancing. The Daily Path gives each resident purpose and a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.”
Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts in Dementia Care and registered dieticians, our unique dining program promotes a positive and successful dining experience with the following features:
- Dementia-friendly menus with selections that are easy to manage and familiar
- Individualized dining assistance
- A supportive dining environment that encourages familiarity and socialization
With more than 25 years of experience with innovative research and practices, Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia care. Through our unique memory care programs, we offer comfort from the struggles of dementia for you and your loved one with customized care to meet your loved one’s specific needs.
Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Care
Life takes many turns, especially as it relates to health. On those occasions it is reassuring to know you have access to specialized care on campus. Brookdale Rancho Mirage offers licensed and Medicare-certified skilled nursing care and speech, physical, occupational and restorative therapies with well-appointed private and semi-private accommodations.
Whether it’s a short-term respite visit while recovering from surgery or a long-term rehabilitation after a joint replacement, at Brookdale Rancho Mirage we have the services and care you need, when you need them. Our Skilled Nursing team provides round the clock nursing care and our rehabilitation professionals offer speech, occupational, and physical therapies to help patients enhance or regain their independence. We also provide wound care, diabetic care, respite care and hospice.
We partner with you and your family to create a care plan that honors your individual preferences and needs. We treat the whole person — mind, body and spirit — with compassion and attentive care. We also develop and maintain strong relationships with area hospitals and healthcare centers to promote seamless transitions and care for our residents.
Learn more about our personalized care
Let us help provide the care you or a loved one need with the amenities and services you want to live life as you choose. For more information about our services or to schedule a tour, complete the online form or call today.
Our small desert oasis community has walking paths winding through landscaped grounds and stylish desert architecture with its refined arches and subtle colors. Our community offers several choices for spacious residences including studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments.
Each apartment in our Assisted Living neighborhood features a patio for outdoor living space, wall-to-wall carpeting, kitchenettes with refrigerators and individually controlled heating and air. All of our apartments offer large windows with mountain views or courtyard views, and small pets are always welcome at Rancho Mirage.
Our monthly calendar is filled with enriching activities for residents to enjoy such as bingo, chair yoga, art classes, and the walking club. We also offer devotional services, shopping trips and outings to movies and other local attractions. With Palm Springs just a short drive away, residents and their families can enjoy the glamour of another era with historical museums, art galleries and architecture and design tours.
Our residents enjoy the following amenities and services, though some may vary with the level of care.
- Outdoor, heated swimming pool with Jacuzzi spa
- Walking paths with landscaped grounds
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Outdoor courtyards with shaded seating areas and a fountain
- Library with computers and Internet service
- Country kitchen for continental breakfast, snacks and beverages
- Arts and crafts room
- Spacious family room for social gatherings with fireplace
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Full-service beauty salon and barbershop
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Cultural, social, education and recreational activities and events
- Fitness Programs –Our innovative Brookdale “B-Fit” fitness program with classes like Tai chi, yoga, and dancing is designed with the latest research on senior fitness to provide a fun, holistic and engaging exercise experience.
- Personal Solutions – The Brookdale Personal Solutions service makes life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
- Pet-friendly community
Resort Lifestyle Services
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals. Our menu is crafted with the help of registered dieticians and culinary chefs who create choices for even the most discerning palates. Meals are served restaurant-style with wait staff, table linens, and music for an exceptional dining experience. We can accommodate special dietary preferences such as vegetarian or kosher meals as well as a medically prescribed diet. Our staff will create meals to accommodate your needs and requests.
- Rental program with no entrance fee or long-term financial commitments
- Continuum of care on property with lifestyles and services to meet changing healthcare needs
- Housekeeping services with flat linen service
- Laundry rooms with complimentary use of washers and dryers, plus personal laundry service for an additional fee
- Transportation services
- Campus security
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours a day
- Help with Daily Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved with personal tasks such as bathing or showering, hygiene, clothing selection and dressing or grooming.
- Incontinence Management – We offer bathroom scheduling, reminders and bathroom assistance.
- Mobility and Escort Service – To prevent falls, we offer our residents assistance in moving about their suites, and escorts to meals and activities.
- Dining Assistance – For those who need some extra help at mealtime, we offer personal assistance when needed.
- Ease of access – Our community is easily navigated by individuals using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Nursing Service – Nurses oversee the delivery of all health care services and wellness visits for our residents. Our nurses are on-call for your loved one 24 hours a day, seven days a week in our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation center.
- Medication Management – Our staff monitors and administers all medications based on the proper dosage and frequency prescribed by each resident’s physician. We track the inventory of each medication and coordinate refills so you and your loved one can rest easy knowing that medications are being taken safely.
- Diabetes Management
- Monitoring and Tracking of Residents’ Health – As a service for our residents, and for their families and physicians, we monitor, record and report each resident’s weight, vital signs and behavior as well as any changes in their condition.
Learn more about our services and amenities
Come see how our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care can give you or your loved one the ideal balance of independence and assistance. Call today to schedule a visit and let our family help your family.