Formerly: Emeritus at Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
About Our Community
Retirement Living Santa Rosa, CA
A Four Star Skilled Nursing Rating
Brookdale Fountaingrove, formerly Emeritus at Santa Rosa, is a retirement living community in Santa Rosa, CA. Our senior living community offers independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s care and skilled nursing care. Conveniently located off of highway 101 just five minutes north of downtown Santa Rosa, our community is situated on a beautiful 15 acre Fountaingrove hillside with sweeping views of West County, an abundance of flowering trees, plants, wildlife and beautiful sunsets. Emeritus at Santa Rosa is also conveniently located close to three major hospitals; Kaiser, Sutter, and Santa Rosa Memorial.
Set on 15 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard, walking trails and lovely gardens, Brookdale Fountaingrove is considered one of the premier continuing care communities in Sonoma County. Located near Highway 101, our community offers 162 apartments on three floors. With its warm, family-friendly atmosphere, Brookdale Fountaingrove feels like home the moment you walk through the doors. Our common areas including our lovely dining room, TV room and library give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another. We also offer a wide range of activities each month, including wine country tours and tastings, shopping and dining outings. Brookdale Fountaingrove is conveniently located in a urban area near Howarth Park, Lake Sonoma and Bodega Bay with Memorial Hospital nearby if ever needed.
A Wonderful Selection
Brookdale Fountaingrove is the only senior community in Santa Rosa that offers four lifestyles in three neighborhoods all under one roof. We have independent living, assisted living, memory care and a skilled nursing center. No matter how your needs change as you age, we can care for you here and you will not have to move again. We offer month-to-month rentals with beautiful apartments and many floor plans to choose from. The rent includes three nutritious and flavorful meals a day prepared by our wonderful chef, all utilities (except phone), housekeeping, laundry (bedding and personal), activities (inside and out on our bus), transportation to medical appointments, 24/7 Resident Assistants on duty as well as licensed nurses seven days per week. We have an intercom in every apartment and Lifeline pendants.
Our community also has a beautiful dining room, living room, library, mailboxes, beauty salon, activities room, movie room, pool table, a Bocce court and two country kitchens with food and beverages accessible 24/7.
Strong, Caring, Professional Relationships
Brookdale Fountaingrove is proud to be affiliated with many healthcare providers and various other organizations. For example, the Northern California Medical Association has seven primary care physicians and eight cardiac doctors only half a mile away from our community. Our Medical Director for skilled nursing is part of this group. This is especially beneficial if someone is moving from out of town or state because we can help them obtain a great primary care physician that is located nearby.
Brookdale Fountaingrove has many people that have worked here for eleven years or more. Our resident assistants are very professional, loving, caring people and treat everyone with the utmost respect. Our team as a whole are happy employees because they are passionate about caring for seniors.
License # al496803519/license #snf010000430/pcoa #243
Our Community Lifestyle
A Wonderful, Active Lifestyle
Brookdale Fountaingrove offers all kinds of activities and entertainment for our seniors. Everything from daily exercise class to afternoon cocktail hour and other socials with live entertainment, music, singing and dancing. We have a bocce ball courtyard, walking club, gardening club, bridge club, blackjack, arts & crafts, knitting, painting, baking, Gentleman’s group and historian group. Daily outings on our bus include grocery shopping, movies, Wells Fargo Center for the Arts, Casino trips, dinners, lunch, medical trips, church and much more.
Partnering with the Local Neighborhood Community
Quarterly Seminars are offered for the public to attend. For example, we have had Teepa Snow (national celebrity) here with two hour interactive discussion with humor on the very sensitive topic of Alzheimer’s disease. We also offer caregiver tips, political speakers, Mobility Masters, Medicare guidelines and stroke prevention education in conjunction with Kaiser hospital.
- Alzheimer’s Association – All residents are involved in creating craft items which are sold to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association and the annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Many Residents and staff participate in the walk.
- Catholic Charities and Catholic Services – Emeritus at Santa Rosa is honored to have a Monsignor living with us who celebrates mass every Sunday in our community.
- Jewish Community Center and Jewish Film Festival – We take residents to monthly activities at the Jewish Community Center, offer weekly Shabbat candle lighting services, take residents to Saturday morning services and celebrate all the high holy days with traditional food and prayer. We are a proud sponsor of the Jewish Film Festival and will be hosting a noted Film Critic to do a lively presentation at our community in October.
- Santa Rosa Symphony – An avid group of music lovers support our local symphony with their patronage, delighting in the choices and performances conducted by our Parisian Musical Director, Bruno Fernandes.
- Council on Aging – We sponsored the First Sonoma Senior World Games and plan to be a vital part of next year’s training. At Sonoma Fair, both staff and residents contribute to the art, doll house, woodworking and other exhibits at the fair.
- Local Wineries – Paradise Ridge Winery, less than a mile from our community is host to our summertime evening picnics with a box supper prepared by the chef, special wines to taste, and the best view of Santa Rosa from a hilltop winery.
Brookdale Fountaingrove is proud to say we have a great dining service program. Not only has our chef been here for eleven years, so have many of our kitchen staff. They specialize in creating appetizing, colorful and creative daily menus and really go over the top for those special occasions. We have had wonderful candlelight prime rib dinners where we invite our family members to attend, Hawaiian Luaus with authentic roasted pig and dancers, great buffets with ice sculptures and down to earth outdoor barbecues in our rose garden.
Our team can create meals for those who need special diets, such as diabetic diets, vegetarian, gluten free, mechanical soft, puree and no added salt. We have designated dining servers that will come to your table to take your order just like a regular restaurant and all residents have many menu choices to choose from including desserts, wine and beer.