Formerly: Emeritus at Skylyn Place
Spartanburg, SC 29307
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
- Skilled Nursing
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
Luxury Senior Living in Spartanburg, South Carolina
Located in a quiet residential neighborhood of Spartanburg, South Carolina, Brookdale Skylyn is a luxury senior living community with well-appointed accommodations, restaurant-style dining and opportunities to engage your interests, passion and purpose.
Our campus is on the east side of Spartanburg, just across from Mary Black Memorial Hospital. Brookdale Skylyn’s countryside location offers a serene retreat with shopping, restaurants, banks and physicians’ offices near campus.
The Chapman Cultural Center in downtown Spartanburg is a popular destination for performing arts and visual arts, science and history. Residents and their families enjoy the Regional History Museum, the Spartanburg Science Center and SAM Art Gallery with its art exhibitions from international, national and regional artists. There are also several colleges in our area where residents are welcome to audit classes.
Residents of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) enjoy an engaging lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. From Independent Living and Assisted Living to Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care and Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, transitioning between levels of care is simple. You or your loved one will have the security of knowing that a continuum of care is available on one campus without the concern of selecting new services at different location.
Our 18-acre campus includes walking trails through landscaped grounds. Step into our light-filled lobby with its elegant furnishings, a grand piano and an aquarium. Enjoy restaurant-style dining in our inviting dining rooms with chef-prepared meals complete with table linens and comfortable upholstered chairs, or meet friends in our outdoor courtyard for tea.
We Offer Sophisticated Comfort and Care
Our campus includes the following accommodations and levels of care:
- Independent Living apartments offer the privacy of well-appointed residences and the services and amenities of a vacation property.
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities. We balance assistance with independence, providing just the right amount care needed.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia care program where skilled associates provide residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities, encourage the use of their current skills and experience daily moments of success with a sense of purpose.
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation — Licensed and Medicare-approved, our community offers skilled nursing care supported by speech, physical and occupational therapies and other rehabilitation services. We also offer respite care and hospice.
Fitness and wellness programs are an important part of our commitment to our residents’ experience. Brookdale’s Optimum Life is a holistic initiative that balances six key dimensions of wellness — purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual — to help you live a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness and fulfillment.
Each day our associates create meaningful connections with residents, while providing exceptional service and care. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion.
Bringing New Life to Senior Living
Experience our distinctive blend of hospitality, attentive service, and well-appointed amenities. Complete the online form for more information or call today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
Live the life you choose with the security of care options, if needed. Our community offers your choice of care with Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care and Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation.
At Brookdale Skylyn, trade the work and expense of house maintenance for a well-appointed residence that serves you. Let us take care of the chores, while you relax and enjoy a well-deserved retirement. Our Independent Living lifestyle offers refined amenities, attentive service and engaging opportunities so you can live life as you choose.
As a resident you will enjoy the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry and transportation services in a desirable location near popular attractions with shopping and restaurants close to campus.
Hospitality and wellness are also key components to Independent Living at Brookdale Skylyn. With a number of planned activities and award-winning programs, our residents have many appealing and entertaining options, including our signature B-Fit exercise program as well as Brookdale Celebrates.
Brookdale Celebrates combines inspired culinary and educational offerings that come together with themed experiences, special events and group activities spotlighting different cultures and cuisines.
At Brookdale Skylyn, we are passionate about great meals. Our menu is crafted with the help of registered dieticians and culinary chefs who create choices for even the most discerning palates. Meals are served restaurant-style with wait staff, table linens, and music for an exceptional dining experience. If you have special dietary preferences, or a medically prescribed diet, our staff will create meals to accommodate your needs and requests.
There may come a time when you or your loved may need additional help with daily tasks. We offer Assisted Living care so you’ll be prepared, if or when you need more assistance.
It all begins with a personal service assessment. We take the time to listen to our residents, so we can understand their needs; then we establish clinical, dining and program support that works for them in a meaningful way. We partner with our residents, recognizing their individual needs and preferences, and adjust services to meet their changing needs. So whether it’s a unique snack, the celebration of a favorite season or a lifelong interest, we value the privilege of knowing our residents and building relationships with them to create a truly personalized living experience.
We provide care that balances independence with assistance and delivers service with compassion, understanding and respect. With comfortable accommodations and an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here, partnering with you and your family, to customize solutions that support our residents’ needs as they evolve.
We understand your concerns for your loved one’s safety and well-being, and we understand the weight of the responsibility of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Let us help you and your loved one with our compassionate, specialized care.
Our community offers programs and safe environments for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe no matter where an individual is on life’s journey, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program, also called the Clare Bridge program, focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging, purpose and safety while seeking to preserve a sense of self. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills.
Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts in Dementia Care and registered dieticians, our unique dining program promotes a positive and successful dining experience with the following features:
- Dementia-friendly menus with selections that are easy to manage
- Individualized dining assistance
- A supportive dining environment that encourages familiarity and socialization
Memory games, gardening, daily exercise, musical programs and pet therapy are just a few of the activities we offer for our memory care residents.
Through our unique memory care programs, we offer comfort from the struggles of dementia for you and your loved one with customized care to meet your loved one’s specific needs. Our skilled associates provide compassionate and attentive dementia care, and enable residents to experience daily moments of success.
Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
Life takes many turns, especially as it relates to health. On those occasions it is reassuring to know you have access to specialized care right here on campus. We offer licensed and Medicare-certified Skilled Nursing Care with well-appointed private and semi-private accommodations.
Whether it’s a short-term respite visit while recovering from surgery or a long-term rehabilitation after a joint replacement, we have the services and care you need, when you need them. Our Skilled Nursing team provides round the clock nursing care and our on-site rehabilitation professionals offer physical, occupational and speech therapies to help patients enhance or regain their independence.
We partner with you and your family to create a care plan that honors your individual preferences and needs. We treat the whole person — mind, body and spirit — with compassion and attentive care.
Caring Relationships Live Here Every Day
Let us help you create the rewarding lifestyle you deserve with the assurance of a continuum of care options. For more information about our services, complete the online form or call today.
Spacious Pet-Friendly Residences
Brookdale Skylyn offers spacious Independent Living one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom apartments, plus one- and two-bedroom residences for our Assisted Living residents. Our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care neighborhood on the first floor features one- and two-bedroom apartments and our skilled nursing wing offers both companion and private rooms.
All Independent Living one-bedroom apartments include a full kitchen, a living room, small balcony and private full bathroom. Our two- and three-bedroom apartments also offer an enclosed patio, plus two full baths. Assisted Living apartments feature a kitchenette and select units have a patio or balcony
Our Memory Care community provides private one and two-bedroom apartments, both with a kitchenette. The common areas include a spacious living room, two sitting areas, a private dining room and a beautiful outdoor secured courtyard, with raised bed gardens.
Our monthly calendar is filled with enriching and spiritual activities for residents to enjoy such as bingo, brain puzzles, bird watching, trivia games and movie matinees. We also offer devotional services, field trips for shopping and lunch, and picnics. In addition to an exciting calendar of activities, classes and outings, our residents enjoy the following amenities and services:
- Beauty salon and barbershop on-site
- Walking paths with landscaped grounds and gardens
- Gardening area with raised beds
- Fitness center
- Meditation chapel
- Spacious great room
- Community Activity Room — Ideal for playing bridge, pinochle, or board games with friends
- Cultural, social, education and recreational activities and events
- Guest accommodations available
- Fitness Programs — Our innovative Brookdale “B-Fit” fitness program with classes like Tai chi, yoga, and dancing is designed with the latest research on senior fitness to provide a fun, holistic and engaging exercise experience.
- Entertainment — Our residents gather for free movies, live music performances, and parties.
- Personal Solutions — With discreet direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products, Brookdale Personal Solutions service makes life easier and more convenient.
- Pet-friendly community
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals
- Rental program with no entrance fee or long-term financial commitments
- Continuum of care on property with lifestyles and services to meet changing healthcare needs
- Housekeeping services with flat linen service
- Laundry rooms with complimentary use of washers and dryers, plus personal laundry service for an additional fee
- Transportation services
- Campus security
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours a day
- Help with daily tasks — Our staff can assist your loved with personal tasks such as bathing or showering, hygiene, clothing selection and dressing or grooming.
- Continence management — We offer bathroom scheduling, reminders and bathroom assistance.
- Mobility and escort service — To prevent falls, we offer our residents assistance in moving about their suites, and escorts to meals and activities.
- Dining assistance — For those who need some extra help at mealtime, we offer personal assistance when needed.
- Nursing Service — Nurses oversee the delivery of all health care services and wellness visits for our residents. Our nurses are on-call for your loved one 24 hours a day, seven days a week in our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation wing.
- Medication management
- Diabetes care and management
- Respite care
- Hospice care available
- Wound care
- Monitoring and tracking of residents’ health
Experience the Rewarding Retirement You Deserve
Experience how our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care can give you the freedom to live life as you choose with the care and support available, if needed. Call today to schedule a visit and let our family help your family.