Formerly: Emeritus at Spring Mountain
Marietta, GA 30064
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Personal Care Home
Personal Care Home and Memory Care in Marietta, Georgia
Brookdale Marietta offers a beautiful Personal Care Home and Alzheimer’s and dementia care community for seniors. Our loving family redefines life for residents, respecting their individuality, and allowing them to live life more meaningfully. We offer all of the amenities of home, without any of the work, and our peaceful setting creates an exceptional retirement living environment.
With a continuum of care, residents have the security of knowing they can remain here, in their home, without having to relocate and separate from their familiar surroundings and friendships, should their needs change over time. Transitioning between services is simply done.
A Beautiful Place to Call Home
You will be welcomed in true southern style by our rocking chair front porch and once inside Brookdale, the first thing you will notice is that it feels like home. Residents pursue a lifestyle of their choice by engaging in activities, reading the newspaper, enjoying freshly popped popcorn or sharing a cup of tea with a friend. Family is the common thread with which we weave our community.
Our courtyard areas provide ample opportunities for walking, bird watching and gardening. Equipped with sidewalks and gazebos, both our Memory Care and Personal Care Home courtyards offer outdoor enjoyment in a park like setting. We are less than five miles from two of Metro Atlanta’s major hospitals, if ever needed, and near Towne Center Mall and Marietta Square with their antique stores, restaurants, theaters and museums.
An Active and Engaging Lifestyle
An array of social, educational and cultural programs encourages residents to rekindle their past interests and explore new ones with neighbors. We have monthly events that include not only our residents, but their entire family as well.
After all, we as a family look forward to entertaining your family in our home. Families and friends are always welcome to join in any daily meal or activity. At Brookdale Marietta, your family member can enjoy a lifestyle as engaged or relaxed as they desire.
Brookdale offers many planned activities each week and loves taking our seniors for day excursions such as visits in historic Marietta, the historical Civil War sites of Cheatham Hill and the Kennesaw Mountain and Battlefield. All activities are created around the passions, hobbies and talents of each resident.
Optimum Life is a bold initiative that defines the way we live. By balancing six key dimensions of wellness with purpose, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual fulfillment, Optimum Life helps you live at your peak level within a lifestyle that promotes health and wholeness. Intended as a journey of self- examination and discovery, it includes services, features and benefits that allow each resident to reach these goals, regardless of real or perceived limitations.
Substantial investments in our culinary program and staffing, allow us to provide mealtime experiences that set our communities apart from the competition. From Culinary Arts Training for chefs, to select seasonings and bakery options, Brookdale has created one of the industry’s leading dining services. Our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician.
Three restaurant-style meals are served each day in the group dining room and snacks are provided throughout the day. We continue to meet the nutritional needs of residents with dining choices that promote their health and well-being. Each meal offers a selection of delicious choices, sensational service and we always accommodate special restrictions and requests.
To help alleviate any confusion or added stress, we keep mealtimes very routine for our Memory Care community. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.
Learn More About Our Community
To experience Brookdale Marietta and the services we provide, please give us a call or submit the online form on this page. We would love to show you our home!
Levels of Care
As the population ages, more people are discovering senior Personal Care Home and the peace of mind we offer. Our community’s approach focuses on being a trusted partner and listening to your needs, understanding the life you want for yourself or a loved one and customizing a solution that puts that life within reach.
Brookdale Marietta offers two levels of care:
- Personal Care Home provides personal assistance and support with daily activities and services needed, such as medication management, meals, bathing and dressing, as well as amenities for housekeeping and linen services, transportation and recreations. Our individualized care plans provide an ideal blend of convenience and support, with respect for personal preferences.
- Memory Care was created over 25 years ago and continually embraces current research in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia. Associates help residents create daily moments of success, offering opportunities for them to experience a sense of purpose and meaning. A gently daily structure is provided to help maintain and encourage current skills.
More About Memory Care
Memory Care at Brookdale offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self. Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for our staff members. All of our highly trained associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care for seniors with dementia.
An established set of protocols and techniques enables our team to intervene when challenging behaviors resulting from dementia arise. Our whole-community philosophy is the key that empowers our staff to identify any unmet needs and be a part of the solution.
Strong, Professional Relationships and Loving Staff
As advocates for our residents, we work hard to find outstanding service providers including Home Health, rehabilitation, mental health and physicians to enhance the care we provide for our residents. Those personal relationships allow us a level of communication to ensure our residents will maintain their highest level of independence. In addition, we partner with several local churches and organizations like the VFW and Cobb Senior Services to provide residents with a strong connection to special interests in the community.
Brookdale’s family values set us apart from any other senior living community. We are selective when choosing staff to join our team and serve our residents. Only those with a caring heart and experience in working with seniors are accepted into our family. We are proud of the longevity of qualified and nurturing caregivers, medical assistants and executive management, and our personalized approach encourages each person to continue to live as they please, while respecting individual preferences.
Partnering with the Local Neighborhood Community
Given the impact that Alzheimer’s Disease has on many of our residents and their families, we at Brookdale have dedicated ourselves to be proactive in education and fundraising for this worthy cause. We have had book and bake sales, a resident art and jewelry auction and on going “jeans for a cause” events to raise awareness and money. As a community, we participate in the annual Alzheimer’s Association walk, and we regularly host educational events that help with financial resources and information relevant to the aging process.
Learn More About Marietta’s Levels of Care
We invite you to experience exceptional Personal Care Home and Memory Care services at Brookdale. Please fill out the online form or give us a call to schedule a tour.
Brookdale Marietta’s inviting community provides the care and services you desire, plus the amenities of a resort. While the levels of care and needs will vary, each resident receives a customized care plan that is tailored to meet their personal preferences, ensuring a comfortable and supportive retirement for our seniors.
- Specially-designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
- Fully equipped fire safety and sprinkler systems
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyard
- Outdoor walking paths
- Recreation and activity room
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Full-service salon offering styling, manicures, facials and more
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Located near shopping and fine dining
Apartment Styles and Features
- Private suite
- Companion suite
- One-bedroom apartment
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Cable hookup
- Basic cable included
- Walk-in shower
- Patio for outdoor living space
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available, 24-hours a day
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around-the-clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Behavior tracking and management
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Linen services
- Three freshly-prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and falls management
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstop delivery for all of your personal care products.
Learn More About our Services
For more information on Marietta’s programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.