Formerly: Emeritus at Springfield
Springfield, OR 97478
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
Exceptional Senior Living in Springfield, Oregon
Brookdale Springfield Briarwood is a unique community of Assisted Living apartments and Independent Living cottages in Springfield, Oregon. We serve seniors and their families from Springfield, Eugene, and other surrounding towns in the southern Willamette Valley region of Lane County in western Oregon.
From our location in a quiet residential area near the intersection of 48th and Main, we enjoy easy access to Highway 126 and I-5. We are conveniently close to restaurants, doctor’s offices, churches, coffee houses, banks, drug stores, a post office, Valley River Center, Walmart, Albertsons, Winco, Bi-Mart, Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Fred Meyer, and Gateway Mall. We also enjoy the security of having McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center and Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend Hospital close at hand.
We are regarded as a premier retirement community in this area for our hotel-style amenities and the pampering services our associates provide. Here, you can choose the Independent Living or Assisted Living services that suit your particular needs and desires.
Choose Your Level of Independence or Care
We provide senior living options, customized for each resident:
For seniors with able bodies and minds who simply wish to fully enjoy the rewards of retirement, our well-appointed Independent Living apartment community offers resort hotel services and amenities. Without the responsibilities of house maintenance or cooking, our residents are free to pursue a lifestyle of recreation and relaxation in an active social environment.
This lifestyle option is for seniors who need a little help with daily tasks and mobility from trained caregivers, while enjoying the convenience of resort-style services and the privacy of their own apartment. Assisted Living gives residents the specific type of personalized aid they need to make their lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
A Place for Today and All Your Tomorrows
Today – you want hotel-style comforts and a vibrant lifestyle of engagement in your favorite interests.
Tomorrow – you may need some degree of care in order to continue your happy and fulfilling life.
At Brookdale Springfield Briarwood, you’ll be prepared for different possibilities of senior living. If your health requires more attention in the future, we have progressive care options that may enable you to stay in in your home here through many of the upcoming ages and stages of your senior life, surrounded by your friends, favorite caregivers, and familiar surroundings.
Live With Next-Door Neighbors Like You
Brookdale Springfield Briarwood is located next to another senior living campus neighbor, Brookdale Springfield Woodside. Our two adjacent, yet distinctly different communities offer our residents the best of both worlds. They can select a home that best reflects their particular needs and preferences, while enjoying all the features that both communities offer.
Residents have full access to the activities, classes, parties, live entertainment, shopping or recreational excursions and day trips sponsored by either community. They are also free to choose restaurant-style meals in either community dining room at any time.
Our residents feel a natural kinship with neighbors just like them who grew up in the same era. They remember radio dramas, homes without air conditioning, cars with fins, hoop skirts, bobby socks, soda fountains and phones with cords. They share a history of simpler times when the world was not so complex.
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets and talk for hours. At Brookdale Springfield Briarwood, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
Live With the Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents, “adopt” them as our grandparents, and enrich their lives every day.
Discover How We Bring New Life to Senior Living
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Call us or submit the online form today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
At Brookdale Springfield Briarwood, you can choose the lifestyle option that suits your needs and preferences.
You worked hard, raised a family, and earned a rewarding retirement. You spent decades taking care of others. Now, it’s your turn.
A Permanent Vacation
You deserve the lifestyle upgrade awaiting you at Brookdale Springfield Briarwood, where you can do more than live longer – you can live better. It’s like staying on a year-round vacation.
Trade Your Chores for Resort-Style Service
If you can’t keep up with upkeep, it’s time to trade the house, lawn and garden that keeps you working, for a home that lets you truly retire from manual labor. Instead of taking care of a house, let our home take care of you. Enjoy the convenience of our housekeeping, laundry, and transportation services.
If you’ve been struggling in the kitchen, the joy of cooking has been replaced by the fatigue of standing at the sink and stovetop. If cooking and eating healthy has become too difficult, it’s time to hand over the spatula and retire. Take a seat and be served.
At Brookdale Springfield Briarwood, we create a restaurant-style environment with wait staff, table linens, and centerpieces. It’s like eating out every day. (And we can tailor our meals to follow medically-prescribed special diets.)
Design Your Days
Enjoy nature as you relax in our courtyard or stroll past our gardens to follow the walking paths on our beautifully manicured grounds to a nearby pond. Build your strength, promote your health and prolong your independence with the senior-friendly fitness classes offered in our exercise room. Stretch your mind and stay connected with the wider world in our library filled with daily publications, classic books, and computers with Internet access. Gather with friends for afternoon or evening treats in our 1950s Coca-Cola Ice Cream Shop.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
The senior in your life doesn’t have to choose between independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Springfield Briarwood is a community of apartment homes where they can have both … the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
Our Assisted Living residents enjoy the same hotel-style hospitality and group activities available to our Independent Living residents plus the following additional assistance options:
Customized Personal Care
We Learn Resident Personalities
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, and particular likes and dislikes.
We Tailor Individualized Plans
Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks — Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Home Healthcare Agency Services
- Visiting Podiatrist, Optometrist, Dentist, and Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapists
Learn More About Our Assisting Care
Find out more about the care our associates can provide your loved one to ease their life and ease your life. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the response box on this page to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a tour.
Our services, group activities, and building features provide enjoyment, comfort, and convenience to residents throughout every section of our community.
- Weekly Housekeeping and Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- On-Site Salon services
- Brookdale Personal Solutions — Convenient direct-to-doorstep delivery of all of your personal care products.
- Optional Concierge Services — such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service.
Activities for Optimum Life
Brookdale offers a new way to grow older. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness: Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, and Intellectual.
To accommodate the range of resident ages and abilities in our Independent Living and Assisted Living communities, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy.
Residents at Brookdale Springfield Briarwood and at Brookdale Springfield Woodside next door can participate in activities hosted at either location, including:
- Group Outings — Our residents join ventures to movie theaters, stores, restaurants, casinos, antique shops, museums, parks, farmers markets, theater plays, concerts, street fairs and festivals, live performances at the Hult Center in Eugene, star and galaxy shows at the Planetarium, swimming at the Willamilane Park Swim Center, and other recreational and scenic attractions in the region. We also take day trips to the Tri Rivers Casino in Florence on the Oregon coast, Story Brook Land in Albany, or scenic drives up Deerhorn Country Road.
- A Full Calendar of Parties — We host monthly parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or eras of history. In addition, we enjoy movie nights and matinees, barbeques, wine and cheese socials, ice cream socials, happy hours, and themed parties for every holiday.
- Life Enrichment Activities ––We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a variety of cultural events, interesting topical seminars, and charity projects.
- Board and Card Games
- Dice Games
- Arts and Crafts
- Group Puzzles
- Group Crosswords
- Air Hockey
- Activities at the Willamilane Senior Center
- Red Hat Society
- Men’s Breakfast Group
- My Life Story Time
- Pet Therapy
- Entertainment — Free movies and live music performances.
- Current Events Discussion Group
- Crochet and Knitting Group
- Poetry Group
- Laughter Club
- Trivia Games
- ”BFit” Fitness Programs — customized to accommodate each resident’s abilities
- Chair Exercise
- Wii Games
- Walking Group
- Swimming at the Willamilane Swim Center
- Beanbag Baseball
- Optimum Life Health Talks
- Devotional Services
Brookdale Springfield Briarwood showcases our Assisted Living apartments in a three-story building that displays the elegance of vaulted ceilings, walls of glass and well-appointed décor in our common areas, with modern accents and colors in upscale styles. Our community design may remind you of a resort hotel.
Our residents are surrounded by campus features designed for convenience, recreation, and relaxation:
- 2 Restaurant-Style Dining Rooms (one with a Grand Piano and a Fountain)
- Community Living Room with Fireplace
- Additional Living Rooms — Home-sized living rooms located on each floor in our community, just a few steps away from each resident’s apartment
- Activity and Game Room
- TV and Movie Media Room
- Billiards Table
- Arts and Crafts Room
- Sweets Shop
- The Coca-Cola Room — A 1950s-style Diner/Ice Cream Parlor
- Music Jukebox
- Exercise Room
- 2 Libraries
- Computers with Free Internet Access
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Courtyard with Tables, Seating, and Pond
- Walking Paths
- Raised Gardening Beds — Residents who truly enjoy cultivation can tend to their favorite warm-weather plants without getting down on their knees.
- Private Dining Room – Host special gatherings exclusively for your family and friends.
- Country Kitchen — Provided for convenient food warm-up or light cooking for residents, their aides, or family members
- Laundry Room — In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of a convenient laundry room for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- A Pet-Friendly Environment
- Guest Bed and Breakfast Suites
- Safety Features
- Alarms on All Exterior Doors
- Emergency Response System
- A State of the Art Fire Safety System
Apartment Home Features
Some of our apartments are among the most spacious to be found in any Assisted Living community in the region. Light and bright, with high ceilings and large windows, our apartment homes present an upscale residential style.
The Independent Living cottages on our campus look like a cluster of country-style homes in a suburban neighborhood. The classic residential interior designs of our apartments and cottages recreate the old-fashioned environments our residents have been accustomed to in years past. That familiar look of home is comforting.
Our studio, one-bedroom apartments, and two-bedroom apartments and cottages include the following features:
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, and microwave
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Spacious closets
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Walk-in shower with safety bars
- Utilities paid (except phone)
- Small pets welcome
- Two full baths with walk-in shower and bathtub (available at our cottages)
- Full kitchen with stove and oven (available at our cottages)
- Washer/Dryer hook-up (available at our cottages)
- A patio for your own outdoor living space (at our cottages)
- Driveway and Garage (available at our cottages)
Come Home for a Visit
Come see the home we made for you at Brookdale Springfield Briarwood, where comfort and care live here every day. Call us today to schedule a tour.