Formerly: Emeritus at Sweetwater
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Personal Care Home
Esceptional Senior Living in Lithia Springs, Georgia
Brookdale Sweetwater Creek offers a beautiful Personal Care Home and Alzheimer’s and dementia care community for seniors. Our loving family redefines life for residents, respecting their individuality, and allowing them to live life more meaningfully. We offer all of the amenities of home, without any of the responsibilities or work!
With a continuum of care, residents have the security of knowing they can remain here, in their home, without having to relocate and separate from their familiar surroundings and friendships, should their needs change over time. Surrounded by the beauty of Sweetwater Springs State Park, this is the perfect location to call home. We are located off I-20 and just a few miles from Douglasville Hospital, if ever needed.
A Wonderful Place to Call Home
From the minute you walk into Brookdale, you feel a warm and inviting feeling that just says welcome home. Cheerful smiles from our caring, professional staff greet you everyday, and our peaceful setting creates a wonderful living environment for residents. With many planned activities and dining services, there are numerous opportunities to make new friends, right here in your home.
We offer three different style apartments, including a one-bedroom, studio and one-bedroom deluxe, which is equipped with a full kitchen. All utilities are included except phone, along with a 24-hour Emergency Response System, private bathrooms, individually controlled heating and air and wall-to-wall carpeting. We are also a pet friendly community.
An Active and Engaging Lifestyle
An array of social, educational and cultural programs encourages our residents to rekindle their past interests and explore new ones with friends. Brookdale offers many planned activities each week and loves taking our seniors for day excursions such as visits to the Fox Theater, an Atlanta Braves game and the Georgia Aquarium. All activities are planned around the hobbies and passion of our seniors.
Our community has many tastefully decorated common areas to socialize with neighbors and family. Have a cup of tea of coffee in the outdoor courtyard, join in an arts and crafts project, watch your favorite game or movie in the family room or pamper yourself in the beauty and barber shop. Our staff takes pride in respecting the privacy and individuality of each person, while at the same time creating a real sense of community.
Substantial investments in our culinary program and staffing, allow us to provide mealtime experiences that set our communities apart from the competition. From Culinary Arts Training for chefs, to select seasonings and bakery options, Brookdale has created one of the industry’s leading dining services. Our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician.
Three restaurant-style meals are served each day in the group dining room and snacks are provided throughout the day. We continue to meet the nutritional needs of residents with dining choices that promote their health and well-being. Each meal offers a selection of delicious choices, sensational service and we always accommodate special restrictions and requests.
To help alleviate any confusion or added stress, we keep mealtimes very routine for our Memory Care community. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.
Learn More About Our Community
To experience Brookdale Sweetwater Creek and the services we provide, please give us a call or submit the online form on this page. We would love to show you our home!
Levels of Care
As the population ages, more people are discovering senior Personal Care Home and the peace of mind we offer. Our community’s approach focuses on being a trusted partner and listening to your needs, understanding the life you want for yourself or a loved one and customizing a solution that puts that life within reach.
Brookdale Sweetwater Creek offers two levels of care:
- Personal Care Home provides personal assistance and support with daily activities and services needed, such as medication management, meals, bathing and dressing, as well as amenities for housekeeping and linen services, transportation and recreations. Our individualized care plans provide an ideal blend of convenience and support, with respect for personal preferences.
- Memory Care was created over 25 years ago and continually embraces current research in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia. Associates help residents create daily moments of success, offering opportunities for them to experience a sense of purpose and meaning. A gently daily structure is provided to help maintain and encourage current skills.
More About Memory Care
Memory Care at Brookdale offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self. Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for our staff members. All of our highly trained associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care for seniors with dementia.
An established set of protocols and techniques enables our team to intervene when challenging behaviors resulting from dementia arise. Our whole-community philosophy is the key that empowers our staff to identify any unmet needs and be a part of the solution.
Strong, Professional Relationships and Loving Staff
We are dedicated to maintain professional relationships with visiting physician groups, home health agencies and hospice agencies, as well as professional companion companies to support you and your loved one. These relationships allow residents to remain in their home here, and often prevent the need to relocate to a nursing home.
Brookdale’s family values set us apart from any other senior living community. We are selective when choosing staff to join our team and serve our residents. Only those with a caring heart and experience in working with seniors are accepted into our family. We are proud of the longevity of qualified and nurturing caregivers, medical assistants and executive management, and our personalized approach encourages each person to continue to live as they please, while respecting individual preferences.
Learn More About Sweetwater Creek’s Levels of Care
We invite you to experience exceptional Personal Care Home and Memory Care services at Brookdale. Please fill out the online form or give us a call to schedule a tour.
Brookdale Sweetwater Creek’s inviting community provides the care and services you desire, plus the amenities of a resort. While the levels of care and needs will vary, each resident receives a customized care plan that is tailored to meet their personal preferences, ensuring a comfortable and supportive retirement for our seniors.
- Specially designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- Emergency response system
- Handicap accessibility
- Fully sprinklered fire safety system
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyard with walking paths
- Recreation and activity room
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Full-service dining room
- Beauty/barber shop
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
Apartment Styles and Features
- One-bedroom apartment
- Choice of floor plans
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window coverings
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Kitchenette including refrigerator and microwave
- Telephone and cable hookups
- Basic cable included
- Private bath including step-in shower and safety bars
- Walk-in shower
- Patio for outdoor living space
- Small pets welcome
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available, 24-hours a day
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around-the-clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Behavior tracking and management
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Linen services
- Three freshly-prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and falls management
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstop delivery for all of your personal care products.
Learn More About our Services
For more information on Sweetwater Creek’s programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.