Formerly: Emeritus at Villa Colima
Walnut, CA 91789
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Exceptional Senior Living in Walnut, CA
Brookdale Walnut is an exceptional southern California senior living community that provides the lifestyle options of Assisted Living or Memory Care.
We serve seniors and their families from Walnut as well as surrounding towns and neighborhoods of eastern Los Angeles County, including West Covina, Rowland Heights, and Pomona. We are regarded as a premier senior care community in our region because of the relationships we form with families who entrust us with the well-being of their loved ones.
We are located in the heart of the city of Walnut, east of Los Angeles and Pasadena, west of Riverside, and south of the San Gabriel Mountains. Conveniently close to Highway 60 and Highway 57, our community is nestled between the hills of Brea and Diamond Bar, next door to a beautiful 18-hole golf course and country club. Popular shops and restaurants are within walking distance of our community.
Several medical facilities are nearby, including Inter-Community Hospital, Queen of the Valley Hospital, Whittier Hospital Medical Center, East Valley Hospital Medical, Metropolitan State Hospital, Maryknoll Hospital, St. Jude’s Hospital, Pomona Valley Medical Center, Kaiser Hospital, San Antonio Hospital, and Hoag Memorial.
Levels of Care
We offer two categories of care:
- Assisted Living
This lifestyle option is for seniors who need a little help with mobility and daily tasks from trained caregivers while enjoying the convenience of resort services and the privacy of their own apartment. Assisted Living offers residents the specific type of personalized aid they need to make their lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Our state-of-the-art Clare Bridge Program employs the latest research as well as the knowledge base and experience of Brookdale, the largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in the nation. Our programs can help your loved one maintain their mental functions and enjoy the satisfaction and dignity of daily moments of success.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
The senior in your life doesn’t have to choose between the two options of independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Walnut is a community of apartment homes where they can have both … the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
Live With Neighbors Like You
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets and talk for hours. At Brookdale Walnut, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
Live With the Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents, “adopt” them as our grandparents, and enrich their lives every day.
Discover How Brookdale Brings New Life to Senior Living
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the response box on this page to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
At Brookdale Walnut, we assist our residents in body and mind with two care options:
Our Assisted Living residents enjoy the same hotel-style hospitality and group activities available to our Independent Living residents — plus the following additional assistance options:
Customized Personal Care
We use a two-step process to design personalized service plans for our residents.
We Get to Know You – Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, cognitive abilities, and particular likes and dislikes.
We Tailor Individualized Plans – Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Home Healthcare Services Arranged In-House
- Visiting Dentist and Podiatrist
- Collaborative Relationships with Local Physicians
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care.
We Have Care in Mind
In addition to aiding seniors with physical challenges, our senior living community also offers care for residents impaired by symptoms of early, middle, or late stages of Alzheimer’s or Dementia, utilizing the latest research, technology and treatment programs.
Your loved one’s distress can be alleviated by the unique features of our Memory Care program.
The Clare Bridge Program
Although the Clare Bridge program has established more than a quarter-century of success, it continues to evolve by incorporating the latest research for the care of thousands of Brookdale residents across the country who are overcoming symptoms of dementia.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path
In small “Cluster Groups” each resident is surrounded by others with the same cognitive abilities, to give them a feeling of fitting in. They participate in easy Daily Path activities that foster everyday successes and build feelings of accomplishment and competence.
We select a minimum of six activities per day, tailored to match each resident’s previous life interests, and scheduled to give our residents a gentle daily structure, seven days a week, in a routine that gives them a sense of security.
- The Morning Mental Workout – Mental maintenance exercises that can include topical discussions and brain-stimulating trivia games
- Reminiscence Therapy – We stimulate residents’ long-term memories by showing them photos, old movies, TV shows, and commercials from their past.
- “Livelihoods” Daily Life Skills Activities
- Ventures – Educational outings, such as visits to a museum, maintain the learning process by introducing residents to new knowledge and environments.
- Art Expressions – Activities like painting and crafting stimulate the creative thought process.
- Solace Sessions – These small-group sessions focus on calming and soothing residents suffering from confusion and agitation associated with advanced stages of dementia. Solace activities can include Bible reading, poem reading, and hand massages.
- Personalized Life Enrichment Refresher Sessions – In these individual sessions, we spend time with your loved one, giving them objects and photos associated with their past careers or hobbies. These sensory experiences stimulate their memories, awaken interest in their surroundings, and promote conversations about their personal histories.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was designed by a team of Alzheimer’s Care professionals, including a gerontologist specializing in dementia care, a chef, and a registered dietician. It offers:
- Dementia-Friendly Menus
- Small Dining Rooms with Consistent Pre-Selected Seating
- Personal Dining Assistance
Learn More About Our Memory Care
Find out more about the personalized care we offer for both body and mind. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the response box on this page to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a tour.
Our hospitality services, group activities, and campus features provide enjoyment, comfort, and convenience to residents throughout every section of our community.
- Weekly Housekeeping and Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- On-Site Salon Services
- Optional Concierge Services — such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service.
Activities for Optimum Life
Brookdale offers a new way to grow older. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness: Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, and Intellectual.
To accommodate the range of resident ages and abilities in our Assisted Living and Memory Care communities, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy. Activities at Brookdale Walnut include:
- Group Outings — Our residents join for ventures to enjoy all the restaurants, shops, and cultural, entertainment, and recreation options available throughout the region. We go on picnics at local lake parks where we feed the ducks, take scenic drives in the nearby mountains, see plays and concerts at community theaters, visit the Nixon Library, and tour regional museums.
- A Full Calendar of Parties — We host monthly parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or eras of history. In addition, we enjoy movie and popcorn nights, Friday night happy hours with hors d’oeuvres and live entertainment, regular barbeques, and themed parties for every holiday.
- Life Enrichment Activities — We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a variety of cultural events, interesting topical seminars, and charity projects.
- Bingo, Board Games, and Card Games
- Fitness Programs — customized to accommodate each resident’s abilities.
- Optimum Life Health Talks
- Devotional Services
When you visit Brookdale Walnut you will see:
Residential-Style Design and Décor
The common areas of our living and dining rooms are designed as home-like settings that recreate environments our residents have been accustomed to all their lives. This familiarity is comforting for seniors with memory loss.
Interior Design That Aids Memory Care
Our campus offers features that aid orientation for memory care residents.
Convenience and Lifestyle Features
Your loved one can enjoy all the comforts of home in our pet-friendly community with features that enable a lifestyle of ease, including:
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Living Room with Fireplace
- Assisted Living Activity Room
- Memory Care Activity Room
- 2 Game Rooms
- Arts and Crafts Room
- 2 TV Rooms
- Exercise Room
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Enclosed Courtyard with Garden and Pond
- 2 Patios with Tables and Seating
- Putting Green
- Landscaped Grounds with Walking Paths and a Stream
- Private Dining Room – Host special gatherings exclusively for your family and friends.
- Laundry Room – In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of a convenient laundry room for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- A Pet-Friendly Environment
- Safety Features
- Alarms on All Exterior Doors
- Emergency Response Systems for Every Apartment
- A State of the Art Fire Safety System
Private Apartment Home Features
Brookdale Walnut offers private or shared studio and one-bedroom apartments on two levels. Our 85 Assisted Living and 21Memory Care apartments include the following features:
- Kitchenette with sink and refrigerator
- Golf course or courtyard views
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Patio or balcony with select apartments
- Ample closet space
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Walk-in shower with safety bars
- Utilities paid (except phone)
- Basic cable TV included
- Small pets welcome
Come Home for a Visit
Come see your home at Brookdale Walnut, where comfort and care live here every day. Call us or submit the online form today to schedule a tour.