About Our Community
Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock, formerly Emeritus at Woodstock, is located approximately five miles from interstate 575 off of Highway 92 on Neese Road and we are approximately 30 miles north of Atlanta. Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock is a great location as we are conveniently located near Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Kennesaw and Canton. Our community is just minutes from Historic Downtown Woodstock where our residents frequently visit the many shops, restaurants and area attractions including the historic Train Depot and Woodstock’s Gorgeous City Park.
A Wonderful Selection
There is no doubt when you walk through the front doors of our home here at Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock you will feel the energy and friendliness from our residents and staff. We all pride ourselves in making everyone feel at home and this include our guests. It is our ultimate goal to ensure that “everyday we make a difference in our residents’ lives”. Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock offers three different apartment options for our independent residents and residents requiring additional care services which include semi-companion living, studio apartment living and one-bedroom apartment living. We also have a Memory Care Community for residents who have advanced dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and/or other dementia related diseases that require a “secure” living environment that still feels like home. A large benefit of Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock is that we are one level with no elevators and/or stairs to be concerned with.
Reasons to Call Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock Home:
- We believe that truly great care starts with staff members having a knowledge and love for each individual resident and their past experiences. Our service to your loved ones starts with an extensive Life Story so that our staff knows who their residents are, where they’re from, what they like and what their passions are in life. Even our Dining Service Director knows his residents’ food preferences and goes above and beyond to satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
- Our Life Enrichment programming is one of the best in the state of Georgia led by our energetic Life Enrichment Director, who continually encourages and engages our residents to participate in our very active calendar of events. Imagine yourself or your loved one being pampered every Tuesday with manicures, taking trips to downtown Woodstock, going out to lunch, playing card games, seeing live entertainment, participating in Senior Fitness or playing bingo for bucks. We even have a Red Hat Society for the ladies and our men’s only club “Romeo”. There is surely something to enjoy for everyone at Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock!
- Every meal is served in our spacious and beautifully decorated dining room as if you are dining in a restaurant. We offer a southern cuisine style menu at Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock with alternate choices daily as well as an “Always Available” option if you do not care for our main dish selections. Our staff waits on each table, starting with refreshments then bringing the main entrée to each resident followed by desert. We also cater to some special dietary needs such as diabetic, mechanical soft, and even pureed diets.
- Escape to relaxation in our beautifully manicured courtyard where you can sit and listen to the birds singing as you inhale the sweet smells of all the various flowers in bloom. Pamper yourself at our beauty salon open five days a week. Watch a movie on our enormous flat screen television in our theater room. Snuggle up on one of our comfy chairs and read a book from our library. Journey to explore all of Woodstock and beyond on our accessible bus during our weekly trips out. Listen to the sounds of water, toss a penny in our gorgeous water fountain or simply have a fresh cup of coffee while reading the paper or surfing the internet in our café.
- We proudly boast one of the best memory care programs, “Join Their Journey” Program, through our communities focus on what we call The Six Signatures. The Six Signatures are committed areas of programming for wellness, dining experience, supportive environment, life enrichment, family partnerships and team development.
Strong, Caring, Professional Relationships
Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock has valuable relationships with outside agencies that may service our residents at some point in time. Residents who have medical needs on a temporary basis may require the services of a Home Health agency. Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock has been working with the same home health company for many years and are more than happy to recommend them and or any other outside agency as needed. Outside agencies are held to the same standards that our employees are held to when providing services to our residents. Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock has strong ties with the First Baptist Church of Woodstock. They have performed various volunteer projects for us over the years, provide worship services on Sundays in the Community and provide a monthly “Birthday Bash” for our residents with birthdays during that given month. We have relationships with numerous churches in the surrounding community so that our residents’ spiritual needs can be met based on denominational preference. We also have various affiliations with medical professionals that can be recommended if you are coming from out of state and/or are in need of a specific physician/specialty. Emeritus at Woodstock also fosters relationships with local skilled nursing homes, local senior centers, local fire departments and/or police departments.
Our employees are personally interviewed and hired by our Executive Director, our Assistant Executive Director and our Resident Care Director to ensure not only that they are able to perform the physical skills required in caring for our residents but that they are suitable for interacting with our residents on a more personal level . Employees that become a “family member” of Emeritus at Woodstock must exude a sense of “this is what I’ve always wanted to do”, “I love working with the elderly” and “I Love my Job”. It is evident to all who walk in our front doors that our employees do love their jobs. Our Executive Director has been in the Community for over five years, The Assistant Executive Director has been in the Community for over nine years and we have various care staff members that have been with our Community for many years.
Our Community Lifestyle
A Wonderful, Active Lifestyle
Our Life Engagement Director is a warm, bubbly and vivacious character. She states that our residents keep her busy but our residents would tell you the opposite. She has a history in assisted living that has prepared her in planning, organizing and carrying out daily activities which enrich the lives of our seniors. She makes it her goal to ensure that our seniors understand that they come to Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock to live life.
Daily, weekly and monthly calendar activities are planned around events suggested by our own residents, changing them as needed, based on resident acuity and seasonal changes. At community events such as family gatherings during holidays, we like to invite our residents’ family members to come to them as this gives our seniors a sense of ownership of their home. Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock has a walking club called The Terrace Trekkers, a Gardening Club, a Red Hat Ladies Club and a Romeos club for our gentlemen. There are monthly Resident Council Meetings to determine likes and dislikes and what additions our residents would like to see on next months calendar.
Partnering with the Local Community
Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock interacts with the local community in annual events such as the City of Woodstock Christmas parade, City of Woodstock Concerts in the Park, senior events hosted by our local Senior Center, attending local theatre productions, visits from local churches of various denominations, visits from local school children, Girl and Boy Scouts, brownie troops and Sunday School classes. Each year Kennestone State University college students come for a period of six weeks to lead our Community exercise program if they are majoring in physical fitness and come to our Community to do their clinicals concerning physical fitness for seniors. This has been an ongoing project with our community for approximately six years. Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock hosts a monthly Alzheimer’s Support Group on the last Thursday of the month for anyone in the surrounding community who may be caring for a family member with Alzheimer’s Disease and/or a dementia related disease. Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock has participated in the annual “Memory Walk” fundraiser for the past five years or more and raised a substantial amount in funding research to find a cure for Alzheimer’s Disease.
Our Dietary Services Director comes from an extensive background in Food Service Management and has high standards when it comes to his kitchen and providing a Fine Dining Experience for our Seniors here at Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock. We host monthly Food Council meetings to ensure that residents are heard to understand what they like and what they dislike so that we can plan for changes as needed. Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock strives to ensure that our residents receive a “Fine Dining Experience” as this is the center of their day. It has been proven that those who have their meals with others meet their needs not only nutritionally but socially as well. Our residents sit with the same table mates daily, however, they are encouraged to move to another table if they would like and sometimes this is a way to meet new folks. Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock offers a Southern Style menu which is published by certified dietitian’s who ensure that our meals meet the proper nutritional guidelines suggested for our resident population. We do offer some special diets as prescribed by residents’ physician’s as needed. Residents’ family members are welcome to dine with us for a nominal fee and we encourage a quick phone call up front to ensure that we are prepared to host our guests.