Formerly: Emeritus at Heritage Lodge
Hendersonville, NC 28791
(include area code)
- Memory Care
Exceptional Memory Care in Hendersonville, NC
At Brookdale Heritage Circle, we provide services that are dedicated to the special care of seniors with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. From our carefully designed building to a nurturing and highly trained staff, specialized programming and management, we focus on serving the specific needs of each resident and their family. We are close to two hospitals and several skilled nursing facilities, and several larger hospitals are also located in Asheville, if ever needed.
Brookdale is a pioneer in the development of Memory Care and our small community offers a comfortable, homelike environment which is ideal for individuals with memory loss. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner, and enjoy meaningful experiences everyday. Our highly-trained associates enable each resident to experience daily moments of success.
A Wonderful Place to Call Home
Hendersonville is a wonderful retirement town with shopping, restaurants and every amenity our residents could need. What we don’t have here is available in nearby Asheville, which is just 30 minutes away. Our T-shaped building offers 20 suites with a full bathroom, kitchenette and living area. The larger suites also include a bedroom. Two of our suites can accommodate two residents for those wanting to take advantage of our affordable companion living option.
Residents have access to a secured outdoor courtyard area, a warm dining room and spacious family room where we hold church services and have family get-togethers. Our community also offers an on-site beauty salon and barber shop for convenience. We are designed to re-create environments people have enjoyed throughout their lives, giving residents freedom of movement, and the opportunity to safely explore their surroundings.
An Active and Engaging Lifestyle
From Tai Chi to throwing a resident party “just because,” our full-time Life Enrichment Director keeps an active calendar to meet the needs of our very active resident population. Stained glass, basket weaving, card games, cribbage, bingo, wine tastings and even jam sessions are among the diverse activities planned throughout the month. We also have several clubs, including our book committee and sewing club.
Seniors can participate in exercise classes, enjoy movies together on our large-screen television or play billiards, and there is always something interesting to read in our well-stocked library. Our Memory Care residents also enjoy outings beyond Brookdale Heritage Circle for picnics, sight-seeing or to view the holiday lights during a scenic drive.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was recognized as “Best of the Best” in the industry by the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) and is a unique Brookdale program designed by a team of specialists to help those with Alzheimer’s and memory loss master and enjoy successful dining experiences. It offers dementia-friendly menus, individualized dining assistance, a supportive environment and consistent seating arrangements.
People suffering from Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments typically do not consume large amounts of food at one time. To make sure residents have a sufficient calorie intake, our menu includes three meals with entrée choices, and snacks and beverages are always available. We play soft music while serving meals and research to make certain we are aware of each person’s likes and dislikes.
Our staff is here to help residents who need reminders to eat, and gives support for those requiring physical assistance. Special diets for those with diabetes or mechanical problems are easily provided, as meals are prepared in-house. Family members who join us for dining often tell us how much they enjoy our food.
We Would Love to Show You Our Community
If you have a loved one in need of Alzheimer’s or dementia care, we cordially invite you to visit and experience our exceptional model and the programs we offer at Brookdale Heritage Circle. Please complete the online form or give us call to schedule a tour.
Memory Care at Heritage Circle offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose, while seeking to preserve a sense of self.
This concept has evolved over a quarter of a century by continually embracing the latest research and innovations in the delivery of quality dementia care. The Brookdale communities have cared for thousands of individuals with dementia, as well as for their families.
A Loving and Supportive Approach to Memory Care
Each person experiences the symptoms and progression of memory loss differently, and there are several stages that need to be taken into special consideration when exploring senior living options.
Why Memory Care is a better alternative to a typical Assisted Living environment:
- A resident living with memory loss may be confused in an environment that does not recognize or cannot address their challenges.
- Residents may be ostracized or ignored by others because of an inability to keep up with conversation or remember fellow residents.
- Personal care activities and programming are not necessarily designed for residents who live with memory loss. Too much stimulation can be stressful and confusing, and the inability to participate will cause withdrawal.
- Residents with memory loss may need reminders for daily living activities that allow them to live their life in a dignified manner.
- As memory loss progresses and levels of care change, the right community will eliminate the need to move to a different community, and this lessens the trauma for everyone.
Optimum Life is a bold initiative that defines the way we live. By balancing six key dimensions of wellness with purpose, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual fulfillment, Optimum Life helps you live at your peak level within a lifestyle that promotes health and wholeness. Intended as a journey of self- examination and discovery, it includes services, features and benefits that allow each resident to reach these goals, regardless of real or perceived limitations.
Caring, Professional Relationships and Staff
We are dedicated to maintain professional relationships with visiting physician groups, home health agencies and hospice agencies, as well as professional companion companies to support you and your loved one. These relationships allow residents to remain in their home here, and often prevent the need to relocate to a nursing home.
Our community has tremendous pride and is fortunate to have longevity and tenure of its caregiving, nursing, dietary and housekeeping staff. Team members are committed to making a difference for the seniors we serve and take time to know each resident and their individual needs. The management staff has decades of experience in the geriatric field, and working with seniors with memory loss is our passion. At Brookdale Heritage Circle, we are a family and the care we provide is truly exceptional.
Partnering With the Local Community
Our senior living community works closely with the Alzheimer’s Association on a yearlong basis, helping raise money through a variety of events, including the Walk to End Alzheimer’s. We also coordinate a support group for families or members of the local Hendersonville community, who care for someone with a memory disorder. It’s a great way for people to connect with others who share similar concerns and provides a safe, supportive environment to talk through their issues.
Learn More About Our Memory Care Services
We invite you to schedule a tour of our lovely home and learn more about Heritage Circle’s services. Please call us today.
Brookdale Heritage Circle’s community provides the care and services your loved one needs. While the levels of support will vary with each resident, every effort is made to ensure a comfortable, engaging and supportive environment for each person.
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse on-site, 24-hours-a-day
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around-the-clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Daily housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Linen services
- Three freshly prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Continence care/management
- Diabetic care
- Short-term stay options available
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker, falls management and behavior management
- Respite care available
- Hospice care available
- Specially designed exercise and fitness programs
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Ambulation and escort services
- Ongoing dementia training and support for staff
- Brookdale’s Personal Solutions – make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
Accommodation Styles and Features
- Private suite
- Companion suite
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave and sink
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Telephone hookup
- Basic cable included
- Walk-in shower
- Specially designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Fire safety system
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyard
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Recreation and activity room
- Full-service dining room
- Family room
- Beauty and Barber shop
- Convenient to public transportation
Learn More About Our Amenities
For more information on Heritage Circle’s programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.