We understand your concern about the health and safety of your senior loved one. You worry that they may not take their medications properly, suffer a serious fall, or experience a serious health emergency with no one around. You feel stressed from the time demands of looking after your loved one, and guilt for not doing more.
We also understand the emotional turmoil going on within the senior you care for. They love their house and all the things they have filled it with over the years. They also fear the unknown, and may mistakenly associate an Assisted Living apartment community with a nursing home.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
The senior in your life doesn’t have to choose between the two options of independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Alderwood is a community of apartment homes where they can have both … the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain their health and cognitive functions.
Our associates who provide that assistance are more than senior care specialists. We are much like additions to your extended family, available to pitch in and help your loved one enjoy a greater quality of life. We can ease their life and ease your life.
Live With the Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions and the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents and enrich their lives every day. The residents of our homes become our adopted parents and grandparents.
- Emergency Response in Each Room
- Private Bathroom - Sink/Toilet
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Courtyard and Garden
- Walking Paths
- Fireside Living Room
- Parking - Surface
- Postal Services
- Wi Fi Access Throughout
- Flat Screen TV
- Keypad Entry
- Meeting Rooms
- Landscaped Grounds
At Brookdale Alderwood, we assist our residents in body and mind.
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, current cognitive abilities, daily routines, particular likes and dislikes, physical needs, and mental needs.
Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following physical assistance services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Visiting Podiatrist, Dentist, Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists
Our community also looks after each resident’s mental needs.
Although the Clare Bridge program has established more than a quarter-century of success, it continues to evolve by incorporating the latest research for the care of thousands of Brookdale residents across the country who are overcoming symptoms of dementia with special program activities.
In small “Cluster Groups” each resident is surrounded by others with the same cognitive abilities, to give them a feeling of fitting in. They participate in easy Daily Path activities that provide daily moments of success, and feelings of accomplishment and competence.
We select a minimum of six per day, tailored to match each resident’s previous life interests. These activities are scheduled to give our residents a gentle daily structure, seven days a week, in a routine that gives them a sense of security.
- The Morning Mental Workout – Mental maintenance exercises that can include topical discussions and brain-stimulating trivia games
- Reminiscence Therapy – We stimulate residents’ long-term memories by showing them photos, old movies, TV shows, and commercials from their past.
- “Livelihoods” Daily Life Skills Activities
- Ventures – Educational outings, such as visits to a museum, maintain the learning process by introducing residents to new knowledge and environments.
- Art Expressions – Activities like painting and crafting stimulate the creative thought process.
- Solace Sessions – These small-group sessions focus on calming and soothing residents suffering from confusion and agitation associated with advanced stages of dementia. Solace activities can include Bible reading, poem reading, and hand massages.
- Personalized Life Enrichment Refresher Sessions – In these individual sessions, we spend time with your loved one, giving them objects and photos associated with their past careers or hobbies. These sensory experiences stimulate their memories, awaken interest in their surroundings, and promote conversations about their personal histories.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was designed by a team of Alzheimer’s Care professionals, including a gerontologist specializing in dementia care, a chef, and a registered dietician. It offers:
- Dementia-Friendly Menus
- Small Dining Rooms with Consistent Pre-Selected Seating
- Personal Dining Assistance
Learn More About Our Community
We invite you to experience the comfortable lifestyle Brookdale offers. Call today or click on Contact Us to let us know how we can help you.