Brookdale Cedar City is a warm home where you smell the scent of pies baking in the kitchen, hear the sound of laughing grandchildren, and feel the soft fur of a pet who has come to you for love and attention. It’s a family friendly atmosphere.
Each apartment in our community is someone’s unique home – arranged, furnished and decorated to comfortably fit the personality of the person it belongs to. Our homes become a neighborhood, our neighbors become friends, and our friends become family.
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Private Dining Room
- Full-Service Salon
- Recreation and Activity Room
- Community Living Room
- Outdoor Courtyard with walking paths
- Raised Gardening Beds
- A Pet-Friendly Environment
- Laundry Room – In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of a convenient laundry room for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- Safety Features
– Alarms on All Exterior Doors
– Emergency Response Systems for Every Suite
– A State of the Art Fire Safety System
Private Apartment Home Features
We offer a variety of floor plans for our private studio, companion suite, alcove, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments. All of our apartment homes offer a great view of our surroundings. Features include:
- A kitchenette with refrigerator and sink
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Walk-in closets with select apartments
- Balconies with select apartments
- Small pets welcome
- Handicap-accessible bathrooms and walk-in showers with safety bars
- Basic cable TV included
- Daily Check-in System
- Emergency Response in Each Room
- Private Bathroom - Sink/Toilet
- Pet Friendly
- 24 Hour Security System
- Concierge Service
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Courtyard and Garden
- Wellness Center
- Walking Paths
- Game Room
- Community Kitchen
- Fireside Living Room
- Parking - Surface
- Private Dining Room
- Hot Tub
- Postal Services
- Computer/Internet Access
- Wi Fi Access Throughout
- Flat Screen TV
- Keypad Entry
- Meeting Rooms
- Landscaped Grounds
Our assisted living residents and our Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents enjoy many of the same hospitality services for comfort and convenience.
Your senior can trade the house and lawn that keeps them working, for a home that lets them truly retire. They can enjoy:
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
If the senior in your life struggles in the kitchen, it’s their turn to be served. We create a restaurant-style environment with wait staff, music, and table linens. The Brookdale dining program is recognized as “Best of the Best” in the industry by Argentum, formerly the Assisted Living Federation of America. (And we can tailor our meals to follow medically prescribed special diets.)
- On-Site Salon
Our assisted living residents and our Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents enjoy many of the same community activities. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness: Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual and Intellectual. These activities include:
- Group outings – We often take short day trips to enjoy the shops and restaurants in St. George, or the beautiful mountain scenery that surrounds us at Cedar Canyons, Brian Head, Cedar Breaks, Bryce Canyon, and Zion National Park. We also take advantage of local cultural events such as the Tony Award-winning Shakespeare Festival and the Neil Simon Festival.
- Life Enrichment Activities – We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a wide variety of cultural and devotional events, and interesting topical seminars.
- A full calendar of parties
- A weekly happy hour
- Card and Board Games
- Entertainment – Free movies and live music performances.
- Exercise Classes – tailored to accommodate each resident’s abilities.
Our assisted living residents and our Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents are provided with assistance for daily living and health maintenance, customized according to their needs.
- Learning Resident Personalities – Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, functional mental capacity, and particular likes and dislikes.
- Tailoring Individualized Plans – Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- In-House Services from Healthcare Partners – We bring in outside physical, occupational and speech therapists, a dentist, and a podiatrist to work with residents on site.
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and dementia care. Our unique memory care programs can alleviate your loved one’s distress. Although the Clare Bridge program has more than a quarter-century of success, it continues to evolve by incorporating the latest research for the care of thousands of Brookdale residents across the country who are overcoming symptoms of dementia. In small “Cluster Groups” each resident is surrounded by others with the same cognitive abilities, to give them a feeling of fitting in. They participate in easy Daily Path activities that provide daily moments of success, and feelings of accomplishment and competence.
We select a minimum of six per day, tailored to match each resident’s previous life interests. These activities are scheduled to give our residents a gentle daily structure each day and night, seven days a week, in a routine that gives them a sense of security.
- The Morning Mental Workout – Daily mental maintenance exercises that can include topical discussions and brain-stimulating trivia games
- Reminiscing – We stimulate residents’ long-term memories by showing them photos, old movies, TV shows, and commercials from their past.
- “Livelihoods” Daily Life Skills Activities
- Ventures – Educational outings, such as visits to a museum maintain the learning process by introducing residents to new knowledge and environments.
- Art Expressions – Activities like painting and crafting stimulate the creative thought process.
- Solace Sessions – These small-group sessions focus on calming and soothing residents suffering from confusion and agitation associated with advanced stages of dementia. Solace activities can include Bible reading, poem reading, and hand massages.
- Personalized Life Enrichment Refresher Sessions – In these individual sessions, we spend time with your loved one, giving them objects and photos associated with their past careers or hobbies. These sensory experiences stimulate their memories, awaken interest in their surroundings, and promote conversations about their personal histories.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was designed by a team of Alzheimer’s care professionals, including a gerontologist specializing in dementia care, a chef, and a registered dietician. It offers:
- Dementia-Friendly Menus
- Small Dining Rooms with Consistent Pre-Selected Seating
- Personal Dining Assistance
When vacancies are available, we offer short-term respite stays for assisted living or memory care guests so that family caregivers can enjoy a much-needed rest, or leave town for a business trip or vacation while their loved ones receive pampered care.
Learn More About Our Care
Find out more about the personalized care we offer for the body and mind. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the box at the top right to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a visit.