Brookdale Clearlake is an exceptional northern California senior living community that provides the lifestyle options of assisted living and memory care. We are considered one of the premier senior care communities in our region because of the relationships we form with families who entrust us with the well-being of their loved ones.
Assisted Living is for seniors who need a little help with mobility and daily tasks from trained caregivers while enjoying the convenience of pampering resort services and the privacy of their own apartment. Assisted Living offers residents the specific type of personalized aid they need to make their lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
Our state-of-the-art memory care program, the Clare Bridge program, employs the latest research as well as the knowledge base and experience of Brookdale, the largest provider of Alzheimer’s and dementia care in the nation. Our programs can help your loved one maintain their mental functions and enjoy the satisfaction and dignity of daily moments of success.
We understand your concern about the health and safety of your senior loved one. You worry that they may not take their medications properly, suffer a serious fall, or experience a serious health emergency with no one around. You feel stressed from the time demands of looking after your loved one, and guilt for not doing more.
We also understand the emotional turmoil going on within the senior you care for. They love their house and all the things they have filled it with over the years. They also fear the unknown, and may mistakenly associate an Assisted Living apartment community with a nursing home.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
The senior in your life doesn’t have to choose between the two options of independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Clearlake is a community of apartment homes where they can have both … the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
- Pet Friendly
- 24 Hour Security System
- Concierge Service
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Courtyard and Garden
- Walking Paths
- Game Room
- Fireside Living Room
- Parking - Surface
- Private Dining Room
- Computer/Internet Access
- Wi Fi Access Throughout
- Flat Screen TV
- Landscaped Grounds
At Brookdale Clearlake, we assist our residents in body and mind with two care options:
Your loved one spent decades taking care of others. Now, it’s their turn to be pampered.
We learn resident personalities before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, and our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, and particular likes and dislikes.
We tailor individualized plans based on each resident’s needs and preferences, and we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Visiting Podiatrist and Physical Therapist
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. In addition to aiding seniors with physical challenges, our senior living community also offers care for residents impaired by symptoms of early, middle, or late stages of Alzheimer’s or Dementia, utilizing the latest research, technology and treatment programs.
Although the Clare Bridge program has established more than a quarter-century of success, it continues to evolve by incorporating the latest research for the care of thousands of Brookdale residents across the country who are overcoming symptoms of dementia.
In small “Cluster Groups” each resident is surrounded by others with the same cognitive abilities, to give them a feeling of fitting in. They participate in easy Daily Path activities that foster everyday successes and build feelings of accomplishment and competence. We select a minimum of six activities per day, tailored to match each resident’s previous life interests, and scheduled to give our residents a gentle daily structure, seven days a week, in a routine that gives them a sense of security.
- The Morning Mental Workout – Mental maintenance exercises that can include topical discussions and brain-stimulating trivia games
- Reminiscence Therapy – We stimulate residents’ long-term memories by showing them photos, old movies, TV shows, and commercials from their past.
- “Livelihoods” Daily Life Skills Activities
- Ventures – Educational outings, such as visits to a museum, maintain the learning process by introducing residents to new knowledge and environments.
- Art Expressions – Activities like painting and crafting stimulate the creative thought process.
- Solace Sessions – These small-group sessions focus on calming and soothing residents suffering from confusion and agitation associated with advanced stages of dementia. Solace activities can include Bible reading, poem reading, and hand massages.
- Personalized Life Enrichment Refresher Sessions – In these individual sessions, we spend time with your loved one, giving them objects and photos associated with their past careers or hobbies. These sensory experiences stimulate their memories, awaken interest in their surroundings, and promote conversations about their personal histories.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was designed by a team of Alzheimer’s care professionals, including a gerontologist specializing in dementia care, a chef, and a registered dietician. It offers:
- Dementia-Friendly Menus
- Small Dining Rooms with Consistent Pre-Selected Seating
- Personal Dining Assistance
Learn More About Our Care
We’d love for you to come visit to see what we can provide for you. Call today or click on Contact Us and let us know how we can help you.