Here's what to expect next.
for more information.
Mon - Fri: 7am - 9pm CST
Sat - Sun: 8:30am - 5:30pm CST
Senior Living Advisor
We did not receive your form.
Our technical team has been notified of this error.
Brookdale Columbus offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose, while seeking to preserve a sense of self.
This concept has evolved over a quarter of a century by continually embracing the latest research and innovations in the delivery of quality dementia care. The Brookdale communities have cared for thousands of individuals with dementia, as well as for their families.
Supportive Approach to Memory Care
Each person experiences the symptoms and progression of memory loss differently, and there are several stages that need to be taken into special consideration when exploring senior living options. The earlier these stages are identified and addressed, the better.
Why Brookdale Columbus is a better alternative to a typical Assisted Living environment:
- A resident living with memory loss may be confused in an environment that does not recognize or cannot address their challenges.
- Residents may be ostracized or ignored by others because of an inability to keep up with conversation or remember fellow residents.
- Personal care activities and programming are not necessarily designed for residents who live with memory loss. Too much stimulation can be stressful and confusing, and the inability to participate will cause withdrawal.
- Residents with memory loss may need reminders for daily living activities that allow them to live their life in a dignified manner.
- As memory loss progresses and levels of care change, the right community will eliminate the need to move to a different community, and this lessens the trauma for everyone.
Caring Professional Relationships and Staff
We are dedicated to maintain professional relationships with visiting physician groups, home health agencies and hospice agencies, as well as professional companion companies to support you and your loved one. These relationships allow residents to remain in their home here, and often prevent the need to relocate to a nursing home.
Our community has tremendous pride and is fortunate to have longevity and tenure of its caregiving, nursing, dietary and housekeeping staff. Team members are committed to making a difference for the seniors we serve and take time to know each resident and their individual needs. At Brookdale Columbus, we are a family and the care we provide is truly exceptional.
- Daily Check-in System
- Emergency Response in Each Room
- 24 Hour Security System
- Concierge Service
- Coffee Shop
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Fitness Center
- Courtyard and Garden
- Wellness Center
- Walking Paths
- Game Room
- Community Kitchen
- Fireside Living Room
- Parking - Surface
- Private Dining Room
- Postal Services
- Business Center/Computers
- Therapy Room
- Wi Fi Access Throughout
- Snack Shop
- Woodworking Shop
- Flat Screen TV
- Community Room (Rental Space)
- Guest Suite(s)
- Keypad Entry
- Meeting Rooms
- Landscaped Grounds
Brookdale’s community offers the Clare Bridge memory care program, which features peaceful surroundings and a setting designed to re-create environments people have enjoyed throughout their lives. Interior spaces are scaled and decorated like those of a private home, and enclosed walking areas give residents the opportunity to safely explore their surroundings.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides a gentle structure to each day and targets specific needs of those with Alzheimer’s and various levels of dementia. It features:
- A Morning Mental Workout which are daily, late morning mental exercises including discussions, brain stimulating games and reminiscing.
- Daily Physical Activity includes a variety of exercise opportunities including group exercises, walking programs and dancing.
- Daily Life Skills are individual or group activities that provide a sense of purpose, meaning and belonging.
- Person-Centered Life Enrichment Programming has activities designed using the residents own social history information as a foundation.
- The Clare Bridge Dining Program was recognized as “Best of the Best” in the industry by the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) and is a unique program designed by a team of specialists to help those with Alzheimer’s and dementia master and enjoy successful dining experiences. It offers dementia-friendly menus, individualized dining assistance, a supportive environment and consistent seating arrangements.
An Active and Engaging Environment
Our community offers music therapy, reminiscent games and memory games tailored to each person. Because short-term memory is often severely compromised in seniors with dementia or Alzheimer’s, we often organize parties that take residents back to a time they remember most in their life.
Family nights are held monthly and we do everything possible to actively involve families in our community. They are invited for every major holiday, and we organize brunches, lunches, cookouts and other special activities. Our goal is to make sure that residents who are physically-impaired and unable to join their families at home, can still share special, private time together.
People suffering from Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments typically do not consume large amounts of food at one time. To make sure residents have a sufficient calorie intake, our menu includes three meals with entrée choices, and three snacks a day. We also offer various textured and finger foods, as some residents cannot use utensils.
Our staff is always here to help residents who need reminders to eat, and gives support for those requiring physical assistance. Additionally, residents who need less assistance, eat 30 minutes earlier than those needing more support. All meals are prepared in-house, and family members who join us for dining often tell us how much they enjoy our food.
We Would Love to Show You Our Community
If you have a loved one in need of Alzheimer’s or dementia care, we cordially invite you to visit and experience our exceptional model and the programs we offer at Brookdale Columbus. Give us a call to schedule a tour.