A Brookdale community is a warm home where you smell the scent of pies baking in the kitchen, hear the sound of laughing grandchildren, and feel the soft fur of a pet who has come to you for love and attention.
Each apartment in our community is someone’s unique home — arranged, furnished, and decorated to comfortably fit the personality of the person it belongs to. Our homes become a neighborhood, our neighbors become friends, and our friends become family.
We are regarded as a premier senior care community in this region because of the relationships we form with families who entrust us with the well-being of their loved ones. Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents, “adopt” them as our grandparents, and enrich their lives every day.
We offer two categories of care:
- Assisted Living — This lifestyle option is for seniors who need a little help with mobility and daily tasks from trained caregivers while enjoying the convenience of resort services and the privacy of their own apartment. Assisted Living offers residents the specific type of personalized aid they need to make their lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care — Our state-of-the-art Clare Bridge Program employs the latest research as well as the knowledge base and experience of Brookdale, the largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in the nation. Our programs can help your loved one maintain their mental functions and enjoy the satisfaction and dignity of daily moments of success.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
The senior in your life doesn’t have to choose between independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Garden Grove is a community of apartment homes where they can have both — the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets and talk for hours. At Brookdale Garden Grove, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
- Pet Friendly
- Concierge Service
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Courtyard and Garden
- Walking Paths
- Game Room
- General Store
- Parking - Surface
- Special Dietary Menus
- Postal Services
- Wi Fi Access Throughout
- Snack Shop
- Flat Screen TV
- Landscaped Grounds
At Brookdale Garden Grove, we assist our residents in body and mind with two care options:
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, cognitive abilities, and particular likes and dislikes. Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks — Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Home Healthcare Services Arranged In-House
- Visiting Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. In addition to aiding seniors with physical challenges, our senior living community also offers care for residents impaired by symptoms of early, middle, or late stages of Alzheimer’s or Dementia, utilizing the latest research, technology and treatment programs. Your loved one’s distress can be alleviated by the unique features of our Memory Care program.
The Clare Bridge Program
Although the Clare Bridge program has established more than a quarter-century of success, it continues to evolve by incorporating the latest research for the care of thousands of Brookdale residents across the country who are overcoming symptoms of dementia.
In small “Cluster Groups” each resident is surrounded by others with the same cognitive abilities, to give them a feeling of fitting in. They participate in easy Daily Path activities that foster everyday successes and build feelings of accomplishment and competence.
We select a minimum of six activities per day, tailored to match each resident’s previous life interests, and scheduled to give our residents a gentle daily structure, seven days a week, in a routine that gives them a sense of security.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was designed by a team of Alzheimer’s Care professionals, including a gerontologist specializing in dementia care, a chef, and a registered dietician. It offers:
- Dementia-Friendly Menus
- Small Dining Rooms with Consistent Pre-Selected Seating
- Personal Dining Assistance
Learn More About Our Community
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Call us or submit the online form today to schedule a tour.