Brookdale Heritage Plaza
Care Levels Offered
Here's what to expect next.
for more information.
Mon - Fri: 7am - 9pm CST
Sat - Sun: 8:30am - 5:30pm CST
Senior Living Advisor
We did not receive your form.
Our technical team has been notified of this error.
For seniors with able bodies and minds who simply wish to fully enjoy the rewards of retirement, the superb lifestyle we offer our residents is similar to what you might find at a vacation resort. Without the responsibilities of house maintenance or cooking, our residents are free to pursue a lifestyle of recreation and relaxation.
Live Free From Chores
If you can’t keep up with upkeep, it’s time to escape your house. You can trade the house, lawn and garden that keeps you working, for a home that lets you truly retire from manual labor.
If your worst house struggle is in the kitchen, the joy of cooking has been replaced by the fatigue of standing at the sink and stovetop. If cooking and eating healthy has become too difficult, it’s time to hand over the spatula and retire. Let someone else cook. It’s your turn to be served.
At Brookdale Heritage Plaza, you can live in a home that takes care of you instead. Break free from your house and experience the fun of an active life where you are pampered by hotel-style services and surrounded by a circle of friends.
Live With Neighbors Like You
Our residents feel a natural kinship with neighbors just like them who grew up in the same era. They remember radio dramas, homes without air conditioning, cars with fins, hoop skirts, bobby socks, soda fountains and phones with cords. They share a history of simpler times when the world was not so complex.
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets and talk for hours.
At Brookdale Heritage Plaza, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
Live With the Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. Brookdale combines the knowledge, experience and skills of 80,000 associates at nearly 1,200 retirement communities across the country, applying that vast reservoir of nationwide expertise to the personalized hospitality and service we provide to each individual resident.
Our residents and their families trust Brookdale because we bring new life to senior living.
- Pet Friendly
- 24 Hour Security System
- Concierge Service
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Fitness Center
- Courtyard and Garden
- Walking Paths
- Game Room
- General Store
- Fireside Living Room
- Parking - Surface
- Postal Services
- Business Center/Computers
- Computer/Internet Access
- Wi Fi Access Throughout
- Flat Screen TV
- Community Room (Rental Space)
- Guest Suite(s)
- Landscaped Grounds
Welcome to the rewarding retirement you deserve. If you're ready for a lifestyle upgrade to enjoy pursuing new hobbies and exploring new interests in a relaxing environment, we're ready to help make that possible at Brookdale Heritage Plaza — where you can do more than live longer — you can live better.
Our independent living services offer a rewarding lifestyle for seniors. We provide vacation-style amenities such as elegant accommodations, restaurant-style dining, laundry services, and cultural and recreational programs. We enable seniors to trade in the chores of home maintenance for the sophisticated comfort of a well-deserved retirement with wellness opportunities in an engaging social environment.
Our residents enjoy many of the services found in a resort. Our community services can make you feel like you’re living year-round at a vacation destination. If you want to stay active and involved with life, our retirement community offers an abundance of opportunities for enjoying new experiences and making new friends.
- Housekeeping — We clean each apartment weekly and take out the trash daily.
- Laundry — We launder personal items, linens and towels and change bed linens weekly. For residents or family members who wish to personally handle some or all of their own laundry items, we provide complimentary washers and dryers on our campus.
- Optional Concierge Services — such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service
If you’ve been struggling in the kitchen, or are tired of the preparation and clean-up that goes into eating healthy meals, we offer delicious home-style cooking that helps keep you healthy and makes meal times enjoyable again. Our diverse menus feature the variety and fun of new culinary discoveries. We create a restaurant-style environment with wait staff, music, table linens and centerpieces to enhance the dining experience. It’s like eating out every day.
- Salon Services On-Site
- Transportation — We provide pre-arranged door-to-door transportation to shopping, restaurants, entertainment venues and medical appointments.
Brookdale offers a new way to grow older. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness: Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual and Intellectual.
With a wide range of resident ages and abilities, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy. At Brookdale Heritage Plaza, we solicit resident feedback to plan activities that reflect their interests and preferences. This mix of activities includes:
- A full calendar of recreational events and parties — We host parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or historical eras.
- Entertainment — We gather for free movies and live music performances.
- Group outings to local attractions
- Life Enrichment Activities — We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a wide variety of cultural and devotional events, interesting topical adult education seminars, informative presentations from local organizations, and charity projects.
- All kind of games — In addition to billiards, we play card and board games from bingo and bridge to chicken foot, poker, and chess.
- Fitness Programs — Our cutting-edge “BFit” fitness classes incorporate modern approaches to senior wellness for a fun, holistic and stimulating exercise experience. These invigorating sessions include a variety of easy group exercises for seniors, plus walking programs, chair dancing, yoga and Tai Chi. We customize our fitness activities to accommodate each resident’s abilities.
- Art and Crafts — Activities like painting and crafting spark the creative thought process.
- Optimum Life Health Talks — Within these educational opportunities, residents learn about health and wellness topics of particular interest to seniors. A focus on holistic well-being relates each topic to the six dimensions of wellness.
Come Experience Our Community
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized service. Call us or submit the online form to schedule a tour.