Compassionate Care with the Comfort of Home
Brookdale Home Health is a unique care option that enables seniors to receive the assistance and therapies they may need all in the comfort of their own home. Find out if Brookdale Home Health is the right option for you or your loved one.
What is Brookdale Home Health and who should use it?
Brookdale Home Health is a Medicare-certified agency and a fully owned subsidiary of Brookdale Senior Living. We offer services when you need to be more independent in your home (or in a senior living community), or you are transitioning from a medical care facility back to your home. We assess the quality of your abilities in order to reduce or prevent further decline, safety risk and injury. We assess your ability to perform all tasks up to and including high-level skills and activities. With this approach we can identify needs early, and truly enrich and enhance your life. By working under the supervision of your doctor, we strive to return you to medical independence as quickly as possible.
Why should I utilize Brookdale Home Health?
To maintain and/or increase your quality of life. Quality of life is a must, and our objective is to make everyday tasks easier and more enjoyable for you. Our home health services are provided by highly qualified and carefully screened medical professionals whose clinical skill is matched only by their compassionate care. Services are delivered in your home so there is never a need to travel, contend with inclement weather, or wait. We strive to keep you independent in your home for as long as you can.
What kind of help does Brookdale Home Health provide for me?
- Physical Therapy – for balance and gait training, strength training, fall prevention, mobility assessment and training
- Occupational Therapy – for upper body strength, home safety assessments, activity of daily living assessments, fine motor skills, low vision rehabilitation, energy conservation therapy
- Speech Therapy – for memory enhancement/cognitive training, swallowing or speech assessments and training
- Skilled Nursing – for any kind of medication issues, wound care, IV care, tracheostomy care. As well as teaching and training for diet management, disease management, medication training, and safety, management and evaluation to effectively implement the plan of care, and any skilled procedure, observation or assessment
- Social Work Services – resources for additional help at home, social/emotional struggles you may be having
- Home Health Aide Services – to come to your home to help with any bathing needs
Who pays for Brookdale Home Health?
Services are covered 100% by Medicare Part A (no out of pocket expense) if you meet eligibility requirements. Brookdale Home Health also accepts most insurances, long-term care, and private pay. We will call your insurance company to verify benefits and discuss them with you before starting services.
What does Medicare Part A pay for under Home Health?
Skilled nursing visits (RN and LPN visits), physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social work, and home health aide services to assist with bathing up to two times per week. Brookdale Home Health will verify benefits of an individual who has only insurance.
What is the difference in services between Medicare A and B?
Medicare Part A is paid at 100% for the services listed above. Medicare Part B is paid at 80% with a required patient co-payment of 20%. Medicare B only covers therapy services; it does not cover any nursing, social work, or home health aide services.
How does using Home Health services affect the Medicare services I utilize for doctors’ appointments and hospital stays?
Home Health is a separate entity from your doctors insurance and hospital insurance, so you will still be covered for any doctor’s visits and hospital admissions.
How long can I use Medicare Home Health?
When home health is started, the doctor will initially certify for a 60-day episode. You can be recertified after the initial 60-day episode should conditions warrant. (Brookdale Home Health’s typical benchmark is 45 days.)
Will I have the same nurse and therapists for my Home Health episode?
An RN Case Management team will be assigned to you and they will work with you to coordinate visits. Aside from illness and personal time off, all efforts are made to keep the same nurse and therapists with the patient through the entire home health episode.