Formerly: Emeritus at Fairwood Manor
Anaheim, CA 92801
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Highly Personalized Senior Living in Anaheim, CA
Brookdale Anaheim is an exceptional southern California senior living community that provides Assisted Living and Memory Care. We serve seniors and their families from Anaheim, Buena Park, Fullerton, other nearby cities, suburbs and neighborhoods in northern Orange County.
We are located in a quiet residential neighborhood on the north side of Anaheim, near the intersection of South Dale and West Lincoln, just a few minutes away from the 91 or Interstate 5 Freeway. A variety of shops, restaurants, banks, museums, parks, movie theatres, senior centers, medical offices, Knott’s Berry Farm, Disneyland, and the West Anaheim Medical Center are conveniently close. And, on a clear day, we have a great view of the San Gabriel Mountains.
We offer two categories of care:
- Assisted Living
This lifestyle option is for seniors who need a little help with mobility and daily tasks from trained caregivers while enjoying the convenience of resort services and the privacy of their own apartment. Assisted Living offers residents the specific type of personalized aid they need to make their lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Our state-of-the-art Clare Bridge Program employs the latest research as well as the knowledge base and experience of Brookdale, the largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in the nation. Our programs can help your loved one maintain their mental functions and enjoy the satisfaction and dignity of daily moments of success.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
The senior in your life doesn’t have to choose between independence or assistance. Brookdale Anaheim is a community of apartment homes where they can have both — the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
Living With a Family of Friends
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets and talk for hours. At Brookdale Anaheim, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
The Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents, “adopt” them as our grandparents, and enrich their lives every day.
Discover How We Bring New Life to Senior Living
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Call us today or submit the online form for more information or to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
At Brookdale Anaheim, we assist our residents in body and mind with two care options:
We use the following two-step process to develop customized service plans for our residents:
We Get to Know You
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, cognitive abilities, and particular likes and dislikes.
We Tailor Individualized Plans
Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks — Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Home Healthcare Services Arranged In-House
- Visiting Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care.
We Have Care in Mind
In addition to aiding seniors with physical challenges, our senior living community also offers care for residents impaired by symptoms of early, middle, or late stages of Alzheimer’s or Dementia, utilizing the latest research, technology and treatment programs. Your loved one’s distress can be alleviated by the unique features of our Memory Care program.
The Clare Bridge Program
Although the Clare Bridge program has established more than a quarter-century of success, it continues to evolve by incorporating the latest research for the care of thousands of Brookdale residents across the country who are overcoming symptoms of dementia.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path
In small “Cluster Groups” each resident is surrounded by others with the same cognitive abilities, to give them a feeling of fitting in. They participate in easy Daily Path activities that foster everyday successes and build feelings of accomplishment and competence.
We select a minimum of six activities per day, tailored to match each resident’s previous life interests, and scheduled to give our residents a gentle daily structure, seven days a week, in a routine that gives them a sense of security.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was designed by a team of Alzheimer’s Care professionals, including a gerontologist specializing in dementia care, a chef, and a registered dietician. It offers:
- Dementia-Friendly Menus
- Small Dining Rooms with Consistent Pre-Selected Seating
- Personal Dining Assistance
Learn More About Our Two Levels of Care
Find out more about the personalized care we offer for both body and mind. Call us today to schedule a tour.
Our services, group activities, and campus features provide enjoyment, comfort, and convenience to residents throughout every section of our community.
- Weekly Housekeeping and Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- On-Site Salon – with hair, manicure, and facial services
- Brookdale Personal Solutions — Convenient direct-to-doorstep delivery of all of your personal care products.
- Optional Concierge Services — such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service.
Activities for Optimum Life
Brookdale offers a new way to grow older. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness — Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, and Intellectual.
To accommodate the range of resident ages and abilities in our Assisted Living and Memory Care communities, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy. Activities at Brookdale Anaheim include:
- Group Outings — Our residents join each week to visit the restaurants, shops, bowling alleys, and parks located here in Anaheim, plus other major attractions in the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, such as the Getty Villa, Pala Casino, and several local beaches.
- A Full Calendar of Parties — We host monthly parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or eras of history. In addition, we host a monthly brunch buffet for families, movie nights, dances, barbeques, and themed parties for every holiday.
- Life Enrichment Activities — We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a variety of cultural events, interesting topical seminars, and charity projects.
- Bingo, Board Games, and Card Games
- Cribbage Club
- Walking Club
- Skip Bo Club
- Fitness Programs — customized to accommodate each resident’s abilities.
- Wii Sports Games
- Optimum Life Health Talks
- Devotional Services
When you visit Brookdale Anaheim you will see:
Residential-Style Design and Décor
The common areas of our living and dining rooms are designed as home-like settings that recreate environments our residents have been accustomed to all their lives. This familiarity is comforting for seniors with memory loss.
Interior Design That Aids Memory Care
Our campus offers features that aid orientation for memory care residents.
Convenience and Lifestyle Features
Your loved one can enjoy all the comforts of home in our pet-friendly community with features that enable a lifestyle of ease, including:
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Spacious Open Great Room
- Living Room with Fireplace
- Activity and Game Room
- Arts and Crafts Room
- Two Big Screen Community TVs
- Exercise Room
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Enclosed Courtyard with Fountain and Outdoor Tables and Seating
- Walking Paths
- Raised Gardening Beds — Residents who truly enjoy cultivation can tend to their favorite warm-weather plants without getting down on their knees.
- Country Kitchen — for convenient food warm-up or light cooking for residents, their aides, or family members
- Laundry Room — In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of a convenient laundry room for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- A Pet-Friendly Environment
- Safety Features
- Alarms on All Exterior Doors
- Emergency Response Call Pendants for Each Resident
- A State of the Art Fire Safety System
Apartment Home Features
Brookdale Anaheim has 115 apartments in private or shared suite, studio, and one-bedroom floor plans with features that include:
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Walk-in closets
- Patio or balcony — with select apartments
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Walk-in shower with safety bars
- Utilities paid (except phone)
- Small pets welcome
Come Home for a Visit
Come see your home at Brookdale Anaheim, where comfort and care live here every day. Call us or submit the online form today to schedule a tour.