Formerly: Chris Ridge
Phoenix, AZ 85015
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
- Skilled Nursing
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
Retirement Living Community in Phoenix, AZ
Brookdale Christown is a distinctive senior living community with elegant accommodations, restaurant-style dining and opportunities to engage your interests, passion and purpose.
Residents of our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) enjoy a dynamic lifestyle with a selection of care options to meet changing needs. From Independent Living and Assisted Living to Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care and Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, transitioning between levels of care is simple.
You or your loved one will have have the security of knowing that a continuum of care options is available on one campus without the concern of selecting new services at a different location.
We are conveniently located near shops, banks, and restaurants, plus Phoenix Baptist Hospital is right next door to our campus. When you enter our inviting lobby, you’ll experience the bustle of small, friendly neighborhood. Step into our Village café for a cup of coffee with your favorite pastry.
Take a walk on our grounds, or swim and exercise year-round in our heated, outdoor swimming pool, where you can participate in an aquatics class or simply relax in the Jacuzzi spa. Enjoy restaurant-style dining in our well-appointed dining room with chef-prepared menu options or meet friends for tea in our outdoor courtyard.
Trade home maintenance for a well-deserved retirement
With our many options for clubs, activities, and outings, you’ll have plenty of choices to get involved and meet new friends. Learn to play the drums, try your hand at card games like bridge, or join our walking group or one of our book clubs.
At Brookdale Christown, it all comes together with our calendar of social gatherings, activities and outings, just one of the many amenities you’ll enjoy as a resident here.
Our campus includes the following accommodations and levels of care:
- Independent Living with well-appointed accommodations and resort-style amenities and services like restaurant-style dining and housekeeping services.
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia care program where skilled associates provide residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities experience daily moments of success with a sense of purpose.
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation — Licensed and Medicare-approved, our community offers skilled nursing care supported by speech therapy, physical therapy and other rehabilitation services, plus hospice.
Our associates serve our community by creating meaningful connections with residents and providing exceptional service and care. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion. We are committed to providing an exceptional living experience through communities that are purposefully designed and operated to provide outstanding service, care and accommodations for residents.
Learn more about how you can live the life you choose
Experience our unique blend of hospitality, attentive service, and well-appointed amenities. Complete the online form for more information or call today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
From Independent Living and Assisted Living to Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care and Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing, we offer several levels of care, if or when your needs change.
At Brookdale Christown, trade the work and expense of house maintenance for a well-appointed residence that serves you. Let us take care of the chores, while you relax and enjoy a well-deserved retirement. Our Independent Living lifestyle offers refined features, attentive service and engaging opportunities so you can live life as you choose.
As a resident you will enjoy the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry and transportation services in a desirable location near popular attractions with shopping and restaurants close to campus.
Hospitality and wellness are also key components to Independent Living at our community. With a number of planned activities and award-winning programs, our residents have many appealing and entertaining options. We offer life enriching opportunities to engage our resident’s interests, passion and purpose.
Brookdale is committed to evidence-based programs, like our signature B-Fit exercise program as well as Brookdale Celebrates. Brookdale Celebrates combines inspired culinary and educational offerings that come together with themed experiences, special events and group activities spotlighting different cultures and cuisines.
There may come a time when you or your loved may need additional help with daily tasks. At Brookdale Christown, we offer Assisted Living care so you’ll be prepared, if or when you need more assistance.
It all begins with a personal service assessment. We take the time to listen to our residents, so we can understand their needs; then we establish clinical, dining and program support that works for them in a meaningful way.
We partner with our residents, recognizing their individual needs and preferences, and adjust services to meet their changing needs. So whether it’s a unique snack, the celebration of a favorite season or a lifelong interest, we value the privilege of knowing our residents and building relationships with them to create a truly personalized living experience.
We provide care that balances independence with assistance and delivers service with compassion, understanding and respect. With comfortable accommodations and an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here, partnering with you and your family, to customize solutions that support our residents’ needs as they evolve.
We understand your concerns for your loved one’s safety and well-being, and we understand the weight of the responsibility of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Let us help you and your loved one with our compassionate, specialized care.
Brookdale offers programs and safe environments for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. At Brookdale we believe no matter where an individual is on life’s journey, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our Clare Bridge Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging, purpose and safety while seeking to preserve a sense of self. The Clare Bridge concept has evolved over the last 25 years through research and innovations in quality dementia care. Our experienced teams have cared for thousands of individuals with dementia and their families.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path includes programs such as discussion groups as a mental workout and daily physical exercise such as dancing. The Daily Path gives each resident purpose and a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.”
Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts in Dementia Care and registered dieticians, our unique dining program promotes a positive and successful dining experience with the following features:
- Dementia-friendly menus with selections that are easy to manage
- Individualized dining assistance
- The supportive dining environment encourages familiarity and socialization
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia care. Through our unique memory care programs, we offer comfort from the struggles of dementia for you and your loved one with customized care to meet your loved one’s specific needs. Our skilled associates provide compassionate and attentive dementia care, and enable residents to experience daily moments of success.
Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
Life takes many turns, especially as it relates to health. On those occasions it is reassuring to know you have access to specialized care right here on campus.
With 60 beds available for in-patient care, Brookdale Christown offers licensed and Medicare-certified skilled nursing care with well-appointed private and semi-private accommodations.
Whether it’s a short-term respite visit while recovering from surgery or a long-term rehabilitation after a joint replacement, at Brookdale Christown we have the services and care you need, when you need them. Our Skilled Nursing team provides round the clock nursing care and our on-site rehabilitation professionals offer physical, occupational and speech therapy to help patients enhance or regain their independence.
We partner with you and your family to create a care plan that honors your individual preferences and needs. We treat the whole person — mind, body and spirit — with compassion and attentive care.
Learn more about Brookdale Christown today
Let us help you create the rewarding lifestyle you deserve with the convenience of a continuum of care options. For more information about our services or to schedule a tour, complete the online form or call today.
At Brookdale Christown, our inviting community offers the care and services you need, plus all the amenities of a vacation resort. We offer a selection of apartment floor plans, including a studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom options. Our Independent Living apartments have a patio or balcony, plus a full kitchen. We also offer companion suites in our memory care wing. Our dining room is elegant and spacious with skylights and large windows. Residents enjoy our outdoor courtyard with its shaded seating areas and beautiful gardens.
Experience the convenience of a valued location
Our community is conveniently located near downtown Phoenix with museums, art galleries and shops nearby. Spectrum Mall is just minutes away and Phoenix Baptist hospital is adjacent to our campus within walking distance. Enjoy a trip to the Desert Botanical Garden, one of Phoenix’s most popular attractions, or outings to the Phoenix Symphony or the Phoenix Opera. On our campus, you’ll enjoy access to the features and culture of a metropolitan city, plus the comforts and friendships of a quaint neighborhood.
Our residents enjoy the following amenities and services, though some may vary with the level of care:
- Heated, outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi spa
- Village cafe
- Cinema room
- Full-service beauty salon and barbershop on-site
- Arts and craft room
- Family Room and other common areas – Residents can welcome guests in a spacious, comfortable family room or meet up with neighbors for a coffee.
- Non-denominational chapel
- Post office on property
- Cultural, social, education and recreational activities and events
- Fitness Programs –Our innovative Brookdale “B-Fit” fitness program is designed with the latest research on senior fitness to provide a fun, holistic and engaging exercise experience. The class incorporates components of Tai Chi with brain challenging movements and meditative relaxation that exercise the mind, body and spirit. And we customize the class to accommodate the needs and challenges of each resident’s abilities.
- Optimum Life Health Talks – Brookdale nurses and therapists share the latest research and solutions for health and wellness topics of interest in an interactive format with a focus on holistic well-being and conventional medical treatments.
- Entertainment – Our residents gather for free movies, live music performances and parties coordinated with Brookdale Celebrates, a program combining inspired culinary and educational offerings with themed experiences, special events and group activities that spotlight different cultures and cuisines.
- Personal Solutions – The Brookdale Personal Solutions program makes life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
- Community Activity Room – Ideal for playing bridge, chess, board games and card games with friends
- Pet-friendly community
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals. Our menu is crafted with the help of registered dieticians and culinary chefs who create choices for even the most discerning palates. Meals are served restaurant-style with wait staff, table linens, and music for an exceptional dining experience. If you have special dietary preferences, or a medically prescribed diet, our staff will create meals to accommodate your needs and requests.
- Continuum of care on property with lifestyles and services to meet changing healthcare needs
- Rental program without an upfront fee or long-term financial commitment
- Housekeeping services
- Laundry services – We provide laundry and linen service. For residents or family members who wish to personally launder some of their items, we provide complimentary washers and dryers on our campus.
- Transportation services
- Campus security
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours a day
- Help with Daily Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved with personal tasks such as bathing or showering, hygiene, clothing selection and dressing or grooming.
- Incontinence Management – We offer bathroom scheduling, reminders and bathroom assistance.
- Mobility and Escort Service – To prevent falls, we offer our residents assistance in moving about their suites, and escorts to meals and activities.
- Dining Assistance – For those who need some extra help at mealtime, we offer personal assistance when needed.
- Ease of access – Our community is easily navigated by individuals using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Nursing Service – Nurses oversee the delivery of all health care services and wellness visits for our residents. Our nurses are on-call for your loved one 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Medication Management – Our staff monitors and administers all medications based on the proper dosage and frequency prescribed by each resident’s physician. We track the inventory of each medication and coordinate refills so you and your loved one can rest easy knowing that medications are being taken safely.
- Diabetes Management
- Monitoring and Tracking of Residents’ Health – As a service for our residents, and for their families and physicians, we monitor, record and report each resident’s weight, vital signs and behavior as well as any changes in their condition.
Experience our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care
Experience the freedom to live life as you choose with the care and support you need when you need it. Call today to schedule a visit and let our family help your family.