Formerly: Emeritus at Medina
Medina, OH 44256
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Bringing New Life to Senior Living i Medina, Ohio
Brookdale Medina South is a premier senior living community in Medina, Ohio, offering Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. Located near I-71, in a quiet countryside community, our cozy single-story community offers ease of access in a convenient location near restaurants, shopping, banks and physicians’ offices.
Several parks are close are close to campus, including Buckeye Woods Park, Chippewa Lake, Hubbard Valley Park and River Styx Park. Our campus is also minutes from Medina General Hospital.
Step into our welcoming lobby with its well-appointed elegant furnishings and decor. Our light-filled living room with a fireplace is the perfect place to visit with family and friends. Our residents love to gather in our spacious common areas and can often be found playing cards or enjoying one of our many planned daily activities that we offer at Brookdale Medina South.
Our campus includes the following accommodations and levels of care:
- Assisted Living accommodations for those who may need some extra help with daily living activities. We balance assistance with independence, providing just the right amount care needed.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program where skilled associates provide residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities, encourage the use of their current skills and experience daily moments of success with a sense of purpose.
We Balance Independence with Assistance
Brookdale Medina South offers restaurant-style dining for our residents. Our chefs are eager share their exceptional culinary talents to create new dishes for our residents to enjoy. We serve three delicious meals daily with with a selection of menu choices. Menus change weekly and dishes are crafted to reflect the bounty of the season. Our chef is always open to suggestions and encourages our residents to share their ideas for menu planning.
Along with daily activities, games and crafts, our residents enjoy lunch outings concerts in the park, personal shopping and relaxing country rides. Bingo, bridge, word games, and league bowling are just some of the activities offered on our very full social calendar. We also enjoy special events at our community such as picnics and holiday parties.
We Offer Sophisticated Comfort and Care
Fitness and wellness programs are an important part of our commitment to our residents’ experience at Brookdale Medina South. Brookdale’s Optimum Life is a holistic initiative that balances six key dimensions of wellness — purposeful, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual — to help you live a lifestyle that promotes health, wholeness and fulfillment.
We offer life enriching opportunities to engage our resident’s interests, passion and purpose. Brookdale is committed to evidence-based programs, like our signature B-Fit exercise program as well as Brookdale Celebrates. Brookdale Celebrates combines inspired culinary and educational offerings that come together with themed experiences, special events and group activities spotlighting different cultures and cuisines.
We serve our community by creating meaningful connections with residents and providing exceptional service and care. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job; it’s a passion.
Caring Relationships Live Here Every Day
Experience how Brookdale is bringing new life to senior living. Complete the online form for more information or call today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
There may come a time when you or your loved need additional help. At Brookdale Medina South, we offer Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care so you’ll be prepared, if or when you need more assistance.
We understand you may be concerned about the health and safety of your senior loved one. You may feel a little overwhelmed with demands on your time or the guilt of not being able to do more. You or your loved one may fear moving and losing independence, the comforts of home, or connections with friends and family.
We can help you and your family as you consider a move. Assisted Living services are the unique contribution we can make to your loved one’s well-being and quality of life. At Brookdale Medina South, we serve our residents by providing just the right amount of assistance and care to make their lives easier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible. Our associates are here to support the care that you and other family members already provide.
We Offer Personalized Care
It all begins with a personal service assessment. We take the time to listen to our residents, so we can understand their needs; then we establish clinical, dining and program support that works for them in a meaningful way. We partner with our residents, recognizing their individual needs and preferences, and adjust services to meet their changing needs. So whether it’s a unique snack, the celebration of a favorite season or a lifelong interest, we value the privilege of knowing our residents and building relationships with them to create a truly personalized living experience.
With our exclusive personal service system, you can live your life the way you want with the right care at the right time, delivered by the right people. Through years of experience serving seniors, we have developed a process that allows us to customize personal care plans for our Assisted Living residents. Your customized care plan means you only pay for the services you need and want, giving you the flexibility to change your plan.
We provide care that balances independence with assistance and delivers service with compassion, understanding and respect. With comfortable accommodations and an impressive line of features and amenities, Brookdale residents enjoy life with the confidence of knowing we are here, partnering with you and your family, to customize solutions that support our residents’ needs as they evolve.
We understand your concerns for your loved one’s safety and well-being, and we understand the weight of the responsibility of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia. Let us help you and your loved one with our compassionate, specialized care.
Brookdale offers programs and safe environments for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. At Brookdale we believe no matter where an individual is on life’s journey, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and to enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care program, also called the Clare Bridge program, focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging, purpose and safety while seeking to preserve a sense of self.
Innovative Specialized Care
The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides residents with a structured routine of activities that help maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path includes programs such as discussion groups as a mental workout and daily physical exercise such as dancing. The Daily Path gives each resident purpose and a sense of security that they are right where they need to be.
Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts in memory care and registered dieticians, our unique dining program promotes a positive and successful dining experience with the following features:
- Dementia-friendly menus with selections that are easy to manage
- Individualized dining assistance
- The supportive dining environment encourages familiarity and socialization
Through our unique memory care programs, we offer comfort from the struggles of dementia for you and your loved one with customized care to meet your loved one’s specific needs. Our skilled associates provide compassionate and attentive dementia care, and enable residents to experience daily moments of success.
Let Our Family Help Your Family
Let us help you or your loved one experience the rewarding lifestyle you deserve. For more information about our services or to schedule a tour, complete the online form or call today.
At Brookdale Medina South, our inviting community offers the care and services you need, including comfortable, spacious residences with large windows. Our community offers a selection of floor plans, including studio and one-bedroom options. Our residences feature private baths with individually controlled heating and air conditioning as well as an emergency call system. We also welcome small pets to our community.
Our residents enjoy the following services and amenities, though some may vary with the level of care:
- Outdoor walking paths and gardens
- Outdoor patio with shaded seating and covered breezeways connecting the buildings
- Outdoor gardening with raised beds for residents with a green thumb
- Beauty salon and barbershop on-site
- Spacious living room — Residents can welcome guests in a spacious, comfortable family room or meet up with neighbors for a coffee.
- Ice cream parlor
- Library with computers and Internet access
- Community Activity Room — Ideal for playing bridge, pinochle, or board games with friends board games or cards with friends
- Cultural, social, education and recreational activities and events
- Fitness center with programs — Our innovative Brookdale “B-Fit” fitness program with classes like Tai chi, yoga, and dancing is designed with the latest research on senior fitness to provide a fun, holistic and engaging exercise experience.
- Laundry rooms — with complimentary washer and dryers available for residents and their families to use
- Entertainment — Our residents gather for free movies, live music performances and parties.
- Pet-friendly community
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals.
- Housekeeping services
- Laundry services
- Personal care services such as companion services, pet care, or errands are available for an additional fee.
- Transportation services
- Emergency call system monitored 24 hours a day
- Personal Solutions — The Brookdale Personal Solutions service makes life easier and more convenient with discreet direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
Personal Assistance and Health Services
- Help with daily tasks — Our staff can assist your loved with personal tasks such as bathing or showering, hygiene, clothing selection and dressing or grooming.
- Mobility and escort service — To prevent falls, we offer our residents assistance in moving about their suites, and escorts to meals and activities.
- Dining assistance — For those who need some extra help at mealtime, we offer personal assistance when needed.
- Ease of access — Our community is easily navigated by individuals using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Medication management
- Diabetic care
- Respite care available
- Therapy services available
- Routine health monitoring
We Enrich Lives Every Day with an Engaging Lifestyle
Experience how our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care offers you independence with the care and support you need when you need it. Call today to schedule a visit and let our family help your family.