Formerly: Emeritus at Valley View
Garden Grove, CA 92845
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
Exceptional Senior Assisted Living in Garden Grove, CA
Brookdale Valley View is an exceptional southern California senior living community that provides Assisted Living services to seniors and their families. We service Garden Grove, Westminster, Lakewood, Buena Park, Anaheim, and other surrounding cities, suburbs, and neighborhoods in northern Orange and southern LA counties.
We are regarded as a premier senior care community in this region because of the relationships our associates have with families who entrust us with the well-being of their loved ones.
We understand your concern about the health and safety of the senior in your life. You worry that they may not take their medications properly, suffer a serious fall, or experience a health emergency with no one around. You feel stressed from the time demands of looking after your loved one, and guilt for not doing more.
We also understand the emotional turmoil going on within the senior you care for. They love their house and all the things they have filled it with over the years. They fear the unknown, and may mistakenly associate an Assisted Living apartment community with a nursing home.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
Your senior doesn’t have to choose between independence or assistance. Brookdale Valley View is a community of apartment homes where they can have both — the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
A Family of Friends
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets and talk for hours. At Brookdale Valley View, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
The Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents, “adopt” them as our grandparents, and enrich their lives every day.
Discover How We Bring New Life to Senior Living
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Call us or submit the online form today to schedule a tour.
At Brookdale Valley View, our Assisted Living services provide the senior in your life the freedom and comfort of living independently, plus peace of mind from having help close at hand. Your loved one spent decades taking care of others. Now, it’s their turn to be pampered.
Customized Personal Care Services
We Learn Resident Personalities
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, and particular likes and dislikes.
We Tailor Individualized Plans
Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Home Healthcare Agency Services
- Visiting Podiatrist, Dentist, and Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapists
Learn More About Our Assisting Care
Find out more about the care our associates can provide your loved one to ease their life and ease your life. Call us today to schedule a tour.
Our services, group activities, and campus features provide enjoyment, comfort, and convenience to our residents.
- Weekly Housekeeping and Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- On-Site Salon services
- Brookdale Personal Solutions — Convenient direct-to-doorstep delivery of all of your personal care products.
- Optional Concierge Services — such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service.
Activities for Optimum Life
Brookdale offers a new way to grow older. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness: Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, and Intellectual.
To accommodate the range of resident ages and abilities in our community, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy. Activities at Brookdale Valley View include:
- Group Outings — Our residents join for ventures to restaurants, shops, casinos, malls, museums, and other cultural, entertainment, and recreation attractions in the region.
- A Full Calendar of Parties — We host monthly parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or eras of history. In addition, we enjoy movie nights, barbeques, and themed parties for every holiday.
- Life Enrichment Activities — We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a variety of cultural events, interesting topical seminars, and charity projects.
- Bingo, Board and Card Games
- Arts and Crafts
- Entertainment — We gather for free movies and live music performances.
- Fitness Programs — customized to accommodate each resident’s abilities.
- Wii Bowling
- Optimum Life Health Talks
- Devotional Services
Located near the intersection of Chapman Avenue and Valley View Street in a quiet residential neighborhood, we enjoy quick access to the 405 and 22 freeways. We are just a few blocks away from Eastgate Plaza Shopping Center, AMF Valley View Lanes, Walgreens, Vons, 4-Star Cinemas, Cypress Plaza Shopping Center, Eastgate Park, supermarkets, restaurants, and the Garden Grove West Library.
We also enjoy the security of having Los Alamitos Hospital and Anaheim Memorial Hospital conveniently close.
When you’re here, you’re home. Brookdale Valley View displays interior design, artwork, and furnishings that recreate the old-fashioned home environments our residents have been accustomed to living in all their lives. That familiarity of a family home is comforting.
Our residents are surrounded by campus features designed for convenience, recreation, and relaxation:
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Community Living Room
- Activity and Game Room
- Movie Theater Room
- Exercise Room
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Courtyard with Shaded Tables and Seating
- Walking Paths
- Country Kitchen – Provided for convenient food warm-up or light cooking for residents, their aides or family members.
- Laundry Room – In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of a convenient laundry room for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- A Pet-Friendly Environment
- Safety Features
- Alarms on All Exterior Doors
- Emergency Response Systems for Every Apartment
- A State of the Art Fire Safety System
Apartment Home Features
Our private and shared studio and suite floor plans include the following features:
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Private balcony or patio — with select apartments
- Window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Walk-in shower with safety bars
- Utilities paid (except phone)
- Small pets welcome
Come Home for a Visit
Come see your home at Brookdale Valley View, where comfort and care live here every day. Call us today to schedule a tour.