Formerly: Emeritus at Whittier
Whittier, CA 90602
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
Person-Centered Assisted Living in Whittier, CA
Brookdale Central Whittier is an exceptional southern California senior living community offering assisted living for seniors. We serve Whittier, Montebello, Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, La Mirada, La Habra, Hacienda Heights, and other surrounding “Gateway Cities”, towns, and neighborhoods southeast of Los Angeles.
Our community is located in a quiet residential area of tree-lined streets and parks on Painter Avenue between intersections with Tedemory Drive and Russell Street, with easy access to I-5 and I-605.
We are conveniently close to shopping centers, golf courses, restaurants, banks, drug stores, movie theaters, Whittwood Town Center Mall, Big Lots, doctor’s offices, Whittier Medical Center, and Presbyterian Inter-Community Hospital.
Assisted living is for seniors who need a little help with daily tasks and mobility from trained caregivers, while enjoying the convenience of resort-style services and the privacy of their own apartment. Assisted Living gives residents the specific type of personalized aid they need to make their lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
Live With Neighbors Like You
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets, and talk for hours. At Brookdale Central Whittier, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
Live With the Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents, “adopt” them as our grandparents, and enrich their lives every day.
Discover How Brookdale Brings New Life to Senior Living
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Call us or submit the online form today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
Personalized Approach to Assisted Living
We use a two-step process to develop personalized service plans for our residents.
We Learn Resident Personalities
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, and particular likes and dislikes.
We Tailor Individualized Plans
Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks — Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Home Healthcare Agency Services
- Visiting Physicians, Podiatrist, and Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapists.
Learn More About Our Assisting Care
Find out more about the care our associates can provide your loved one to ease their life and ease your life. Call us today to schedule a tour.
Our services, group activities, and building features provide enjoyment, comfort, and convenience to residents throughout every section of our community.
- Weekly Housekeeping and Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- On-Site Salon services
- Brookdale Personal Solutions — Convenient direct-to-doorstep delivery of all of your personal care products.
- Optional Concierge Services — such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service.
Activities for Optimum Life
Brookdale offers a new way to grow older. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness — Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, and Intellectual.
To accommodate the range of resident ages and abilities in our Independent Living and Assisted Living communities, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy. Activities at Brookdale Central Whittier include:
- Group Outings — Our residents join for ventures to enjoy the restaurants, shops, casinos, and cultural, entertainment, and recreation options available throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
- A Full Calendar of Parties — We host monthly parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or eras of history. In addition, we enjoy wine and cheese socials, ice cream socials, happy hours, and themed parties for every holiday.
- Life Enrichment Activities — We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a variety of cultural events, interesting topical seminars, and charity projects.
- Bingo, Card, and Board Games
- Entertainment — We gather for free movies and live music performances.
- Gardening Club
- Make and Bake Group
- Painting Class
- Chair Dancing
- Wii Sports
- Pet Therapy
- Zumba Class
- Tai Chi Class
- Walking Club
- Fitness Programs — customized to accommodate each resident’s abilities.
- Optimum Life Health Talks
- Bible Study Group
- Devotional Services
Our residents are surrounded by hotel-style features designed for convenience, recreation, and relaxation:
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Living Room with Fireplace
- Game Room with Bar and Fireplace
- Movie Theater Room
- TV Room
- Enclosed and Shaded Garden Courtyard with Tables and Seating
- Covered Patio with Tables and Seating
- Raised-Level Gardening Beds — Residents who truly enjoy cultivation can tend to their favorite warm-weather plants without getting down on their knees.
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Private Dining Room — Host special gatherings exclusively for your family and friends.
- Laundry Room – In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of a convenient laundry room for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- A Pet-Friendly Environment
- Safety Features
- – Alarms on All Exterior Doors
– Emergency Response Pendants for Each Resident
– A State of the Art Fire Safety System
Apartment Home Features
We offer a variety of floor plans for our private and shared studio, suite, and one-bedroom apartments, with features that include:
- Kitchenette with sink, refrigerator, and microwave
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Large Windows
- Window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Patio or balcony with select apartments
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Walk-in shower with safety bars
- Tub/Shower combinations available in select apartments
- Utilities paid (except phone)
- Small pets welcome
Come Home for a Visit
Come see your home at Brookdale Central Whittier, where comfort and care live here every day. Call us or submit the online form today to schedule a tour.