Brookdale Messaging Terms & Conditions
You agree to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing and informational text (e.g., SMS and MMS) messages (e.g. visit reminders) from Brookdale, including text messages that may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system, to the mobile telephone number you provided when signing up or any other number that you designate, as well as any number forwarded from such number(s). Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. Msg & Data rates may apply.
Message frequency will vary. Brookdale reserves the right to alter the frequency of messages sent at any time, so as to increase or decrease the total number of sent messages. Brookdale also reserves the right to change the short code or phone number from which messages are sent and we will notify you when we do so.
Under no circumstances will we be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with use of text messaging whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Please notify us immediately if your mobile number changes. We are not liable for any communication or transmission of information by text that occurs because you did not report that your mobile number changed. Password-protecting mobile device(s) and enabling encryption, if available, is recommended.
Not all mobile devices or handsets may be supported and our messages may not be deliverable in all areas. Brookdale, its service providers and the mobile carriers supported by the program are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
Text the keyword STOP, END, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, OPT OUT or QUIT to our shortcode to cancel. After texting STOP, END, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, OPT OUT or QUIT to our shortcode you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP, END, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, OPT OUT or QUIT keyword commands and agree that Brookdale and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from Brookdale through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs.
Text the keyword HELP to our shortcode to return customer care contact information.
If you are experiencing any problems, please visit https://support.attentivemobile.com/help/ and submit the form with details about your problem or your request for support, or email email@example.com.
This message program is a service of Brookdale, located at 111 Westwood Place, Suite 400, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027.
1. General. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Brookdale in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and Brookdale agree that any dispute arising out of or in any way related to these messaging terms and conditions ("Messaging Terms") or your receipt of text messages from Brookdale or its service providers will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or in any way related to these Messaging Terms, or your receipt of text messages from Brookdale or its service providers whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of when a claim arises. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY AGREEING TO THESE MESSAGING TERMS, YOU AND BROOKDALE ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AND THAT THESE MESSAGING TERMS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO AND GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT.
2. Exceptions. Notwithstanding subsection (a) above, nothing in these Messaging Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of you or Brookdale to: (i) bring an individual action in small claims court; (ii) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (iii) seek injunctive relief in aid of arbitration from a court of competent jurisdiction; or (iv) file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
3. Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Brookdale will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by these Messaging Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting Brookdale. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
4. Notice; Process. If you or Brookdale intends to seek arbitration, then the party seeking arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by U.S. Mail ("Notice"). Brookdale address for Notice is: 111 Westwood Place, Suite 400, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027, Attn: General Counsel. The Notice must: (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). You and Brookdale will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if you and Brookdale do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Brookdale may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Brookdale must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. (e) Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Messaging Terms, Brookdale will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $15,000 or as set forth below, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. If the claim is for $15,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (i) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (ii) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (iii) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse Brookdale for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. You and Brookdale agree that such written decision, and information exchanged during arbitration, will be kept confidential except to the extent necessary to enforce or permit limited judicial review of the award. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from you or Brookdale made within 14 days of the arbitrator's ruling on the merits.
5. No Class Actions. YOU AND BROOKDALE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Brookdale agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
6. Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Messaging Terms, if Brookdale makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to Brookdale address for Notice, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Brookdale address for Notice, in which case this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will continue to govern any disputes between you and Brookdale.
7. Enforceability. If an arbitrator decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of the limitations of subsection (f) above (addressing class, representative and consolidated proceedings) as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and brought in court. If any other provision of these Messaging Terms is found to be unenforceable, the applicable provision shall be deemed stricken and the remainder of these Messaging Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Collection of Information
We collect various information on our behalf from and about you, including information you directly provide when you use the Messaging Service. For example, we collect the phone number and email address you provided when signing up for the Messaging Service. When you send messages via the Messaging Service, we will also collect your messaging history and any information included in those messages, including your reply messages.
Please do not send any sensitive information (such as health information) via text message. Since text messaging is unencrypted, there is a risk that this information could be intercepted or viewed by third parties, including others who access your device. When you choose to receive text messages from us, you do so at your own risk.
We may also collect information about you using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are pieces of information that are stored by your browser on the hard drive or memory of your device. Cookies enable personalization of your experience on the Messaging Service (e.g., sending you personalized text messages such as visit reminders where you have previously scheduled a visit). You may opt out of some but not all cookies, and your experience on the Messaging Service may be impaired should you block or disable such optional cookies. You can check your device or browser settings to disable optional cookies.
If you participate in a contest, sweepstakes, research study, or email survey associated with the Messaging Service, we will collect basic contact information and any other information you choose to provide in connection with these activities. We will also collect your contact information if you contact us with questions about the Messaging Service or for customer service.
Use of Information
We and our service providers use your information to deliver, analyze, maintain and support the Messaging Service. We may also use your information to enhance the Messaging Service features and customize and personalize your experiences on the Messaging Service and learn more about what features and services are the most helpful and valuable and can evaluate overall interest in our offerings and programs.
Sharing of Information
We may share, transfer, or disclose your information, if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
· Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties to help us provide the Messaging Service to you.
· Legal Requirement and Protection of Attentive and Others. We may disclose your information as we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to: (i) comply with applicable law and legal processes; (ii) respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iii) enforce a contract with us; (iv) protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (v) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
From time to time, we may share aggregate or de-identified information about use of the Messaging Service and such aggregated or de-identified information may be shared with any third party, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
Protection of Information
We take a variety of physical, technical, administrative, and organizational security measures based on the sensitivity of the information we collects to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. Unfortunately, no online activity can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information against unauthorized use or disclosure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
Retention of Information
We retain your information for as long as you participate in the Messaging Service or as needed to comply with applicable legal obligations. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to resolve disputes, protect us and our visitors, residents and users, and enforce our agreements.
Choices and Controls
Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. You can opt-out of receiving further commercial text messages via the Messaging Service by responding to any of our text messages with any of the following replies: STOP, END, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, OPT OUT or QUIT. For additional opt-out information, please review our Terms.
If you are experiencing any problems with the Messaging Service, please visit https://support.attentivemobile.com/help/ and submit the form with details about your problem or your request for support, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.