Referring a Patient to Memory Care
Patients facing a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or dementia can experience a great deal of loss, confusion, and uncertainty. Many patients are unsure of where to turn next. If your patient is in this situation, Brookdale memory care communities can help provide the necessary transitional step from diagnosis to proper treatment and care.
Our communities provide the ideal environment, whether your patient is experiencing early, mid- or late-stage Alzheimer’s or dementia.
At Brookdale, we make it easy for you and your patient to take the next steps. Our proven success in caring for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia means that you can feel confident in our capabilities to:
- Improve patient’s overall well-being
- Create a nurturing and calming atmosphere
- Provide a safe and secure environment
- Engage patient’s cognitive abilities through proven methods
We’ve designed Brookdale memory care communities to support patients with all levels of Alzheimer’s or dementia. From our safe and secure environment to our person-centered approach, you can trust that your patient is receiving the best care.
All of our care techniques encourage opportunities for patients with Alzheimer’s and dementia to thrive. Here are some ways we help do this:
- Clare Bridge® Daily Path guides residents with a structured routine of activities to help them maintain cognitive abilities and current skills for daily success
- Solace Program provides residents in advanced stages of dementia with additional services designed to engage and support their unique needs
- Crossings Program offers a full continuum of dementia care for residents with early to early-moderate stages of dementia
- Optimum Life® engages residents in the six dimensions of wellness, including physical, emotional, purposeful, social, spiritual and intellectual to help them live life to the fullest
- Skilled and experienced caregivers available around the clock for resident support
- Revolutionary dining program that features dementia-friendly menus and individual dining assistance
With decades of experience in memory care, our Brookdale team can quickly help you problem solve complex issues related to behavioral symptoms reducing hospitalizations and unwanted transfers.
Memory Care Community Features
- Safety features throughout the building, such as keypad entry/exits, emergency call systems, handicap accessible bathrooms
- Specially designed facility layout for those with mobility issues
- Areas for safe engagement to pursue gardening, kitchen work, handyman help, and other pursuits that provide purposeful and meaningful successful moments
- Enclosed outdoor areas so residents can safely explore the outdoors
Brookdale is the leading provider of Alzheimer’s and dementia care in the United States.
For over 30 years, we’ve successfully cared for thousands of individuals diagnosed with dementia. Our memory care facilities, located all across the country, provide the ideal environment for individuals with memory loss to improve their cognitive abilities, enjoy fulfilling relationships with their peers, and live in a safe and secure environment.
Experts in Dementia and Alzheimer's Care
Our memory care program is led by a national team of dementia care experts that rely upon the latest research to develop the best care techniques for our residents. All of our staff members receive initial and ongoing training based on this type of approach, which results in a consistent care approach across all our memory care facilities. Some aspects about our memory care program include:
- Individualized care techniques based upon the patient’s stage of dementia or Alzheimer’s
- Constant evolvement to utilize the latest Alzheimer’s and dementia research
- Staff members trained to quickly problem-solve complex issues related to behavioral symptoms, thereby reducing hospitalizations and unwanted transfers
- Close partnership with the patient’s family and attending physician
"The care and concern the Brookdale caregivers show for the residents is more than just caring for us, they are loving to us and that goes for the whole staff."
"You provide wonderful care and activities, but most of all dignity and respect. We cannot thank your team enough."
"Over the years, I have been impressed by the care shown in every aspect of the [Brookdale] community. The atmosphere is relaxed with a sense of security. The grounds are well-kept and the staff treat the residents like family."
Explore More Senior Living Solutions
As a healthcare provider, we know your patient's health is your top priority. We're ready to partner with you and answer any questions you, your patient, or patient's family may have.
Learn more about: