Formerly: Emeritus at Atherton Court
Fremont, CA 94536
(include area code)
- Memory Care
Exceptional Memory Care in Fremont, California
At Brookdale North Fremont, we provide services that are dedicated to the special care of seniors with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. From our carefully designed building to a nurturing and highly trained staff, specialized programming and management, we focus on serving the specific needs of each resident and their family.
Brookdale is a pioneer in the development of Memory Care and our small community offers a comfortable, home-like environment which is ideal for individuals with memory loss. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, they have the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences everyday. Our highly trained associates enable each resident to experience daily moments of success.
A Wonderful Place to Call Home
Our community layout is intimate and familiar, with a circular walking path to enjoy while watching the great outdoors in a beautiful courtyard. We offer 20 studio apartments for privacy, as well as group common areas enabling our residents to get to know one another.
The love and dedication is obvious at every turn, and there is always a smiling face to share a story with and so much to experience.
We provide activities designed to stimulate both mind and body. Specializing in Memory Care, we understand the importance that activities play in slowing the progression of dementia and improving a quality of life. Residents can enjoy exercise, such as walking groups and chair volleyball, painting, entertainers that come in to help us celebrate with song and dance, as well as mental stimulation with reminiscing and word games.
We have been featured on the cover of area magazines such as “After 55,” and have wonderful letters from so many of our current and past families to share with potential customers as they make the difficult transition for care with their loved one.
The Clare Bridge® Program
Our community offers the Clare Bridge Memory Care Program, which features peaceful surroundings and a setting designed to re-create environments people have enjoyed throughout their lives. Interior spaces are scaled and decorated like those of a private home, and enclosed walking areas give residents the opportunity to safely explore their surroundings.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides a gentle structure to each day and targets specific needs of those with Alzheimer’s and various levels of dementia. It features late morning mental exercises including discussions, brain stimulating games and reminiscing; daily physical activities such as walking, exercise classes and dancing; life skills which provide a sense of purpose, meaning and belonging; and a person-centered life enrichment program has activities designed using the residents own social history information as a foundation.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was recognized as “Best of the Best” in the industry by the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) and is a unique program designed by a team of specialists to help those with Alzheimer’s and dementia master and enjoy successful dining experiences. It offers dementia-friendly menus, individualized dining assistance, a supportive environment and consistent seating arrangements.
People suffering from Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments typically do not consume large amounts of food at one time. To make sure residents have a sufficient calorie intake, our menu includes three meals with entrée choices, and snacks and beverages are always available. We play soft music while serving meals and research to make certain we are aware of each person’s likes and dislikes.
Our staff is here to help residents who need reminders to eat, and gives support for those requiring physical assistance. Special diets for those with diabetes or mechanical problems are easily provided, as meals are prepared in-house. Family members who join us for dining often tell us how much they enjoy our food.
We Would Love to Show You Our Community
If you have a loved one in need of Alzheimer’s or dementia care, we cordially invite you to visit and experience our exceptional model and the programs we offer at Brookdale North Fremont. Please complete the online form or give us call to schedule a tour.
Memory Care at North Fremont offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose, while seeking to preserve a sense of self.
This concept has evolved over a quarter of a century by continually embracing the latest research and innovations in the delivery of quality dementia care. The Brookdale communities have cared for thousands of individuals with dementia, as well as for their families.
A Loving and Supportive Approach to Memory Care
Each person experiences the symptoms and progression of memory loss differently, and there are several stages that need to be taken into special consideration when exploring senior living options.
Why Memory Care is a better alternative to a typical Assisted Living environment:
- A resident living with memory loss may be confused in an environment that does not recognize or cannot address their challenges.
- Residents may be ostracized or ignored by others because of an inability to keep up with conversation or remember fellow residents.
- Personal care activities and programming are not necessarily designed for residents who live with memory loss. Too much stimulation can be stressful and confusing, and the inability to participate will cause withdrawal.
- Residents with memory loss may need reminders for daily living activities that allow them to live their life in a dignified manner.
- As memory loss progresses and levels of care change, the right community will eliminate the need to move to a different community, and this lessens the trauma for everyone.
Optimum Life is a bold initiative that defines the way we live. By balancing six key dimensions of wellness with purpose, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual fulfillment, Optimum Life helps you live at your peak level within a lifestyle that promotes health and wholeness. Intended as a journey of self- examination and discovery, it includes services, features and benefits that allow each resident to reach these goals, regardless of real or perceived limitations.
Caring Professional Relationships and Staff
We are dedicated to maintain professional relationships with visiting physician groups, home health agencies and hospice agencies, as well as professional companion companies to support you and your loved one. These relationships allow residents to remain in their home here, and often prevent the need to relocate to a nursing home.
Our community has tremendous pride and is fortunate to have longevity and tenure of its caregiving, nursing, dietary and housekeeping staff. Team members are committed to making a difference for the seniors we serve and take time to know each resident and their individual needs.
The management staff has years of experience in the geriatric field, and working with seniors with memory loss is our passion. At Brookdale, we are a family and the care we provide is truly exceptional.
Learn More About Our Memory Care Services
We invite you to schedule a tour of our lovely home and learn more about North Fremont’s services. Please call us today.
The Brookdale North Fremont community provides the care and services your loved one needs. While the levels of support will vary with each resident, every effort is made to ensure a comfortable, engaging and supportive environment for each person.
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse on-site, 24-hours-a-day
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around-the-clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Daily housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Linen services
- Three freshly prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Continence care/management
- Diabetic care
- Short-term stay options available
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker, falls management and behavior management
- Respite care available
- Hospice care available
- Specially designed exercise and fitness programs
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Ambulation and escort services
- Ongoing dementia training and support for staff
- Ancillary services including pet care, in-room food service and errand running
- Brookdale’s Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
Accommodation Styles and Features
- Private suite
- Companion suite
- Window coverings
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Private bath including step-in shower and safety bars
- Small pets welcome
- Specially designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Fire safety system
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyard
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Recreation and activity room
- Full-service dining room
- Full-service salon offering hair-styling, manicures, facials and more
- Located near shopping and fine dining
- Convenient to public transportation
Learn More About Our Amenities
For more information on North Fremont’s programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.